What is the Stupidest Reason...

DKen2021

Apr 16, 2011
I was late to school one day because my uncle and I stayed up and played smash bros. melee that night. It was like 3 am when we finished.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Jakub324 said:
One of my friends missed the bus because he "was having a wank and lost track of time." He was never, ever allowed to forget that.
Hah something like that happened to me once, ah nothing like a morning wank! xD

Anyway I don't really have a story, I always try to be there on time or late...But I guess the weekend just gone I missed a party because we went to a different party which we couldn't find so when we got to the other party it turned out the police had been called so we all went home!

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
This happened yesterday.

The bus company is on strike, and so, there are about a fifth of the buses there usually are. Every bus that drove past yesterday was full, and just kept going, past the stop. I just gave up after 40 minutes and 3 buses. Also, I live in Canada, and it's freezing cold outside.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
ElektroNeko said:
I skipped class once, and ended up being a witness of a suicide, and helping two South African man to get to a certain train station.
Wait, what? Seriously, what?
Am I missing something?

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Jakub324 said:
One of my friends missed the bus because he "was having a wank and lost track of time." He was never, ever allowed to forget that.
that nearly happened to one of my friends. he was inspired to think that our morning wanks would be good conversational material.
idk why i talk to him.

NinjaDeathSlap said:
in a skip, not knowing where I am, wearing nothing but women's underwear. To this day I have no idea what happened that night.
i really need to know what happened. were you WEARING the women's underwear when you left, because if not the story just got a lot better.
i'm also going to give you +10 Awesomeness and recommend you stay away from tequila.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Jakub324 said:
Dude, that's like a weekly thing for most of my friends...

OP: I missed school once because I thought it would be a good idea to go to a particularly risky party on a Sunday evening. Sure enough I wake up Monday morning, in a skip, not knowing where I am, wearing nothing but women's underwear. To this day I have no idea what happened that night.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
Not sure if this counts as stupid. But I stayed up pretty much all night once working on a project. By like 5AM, I was actually not feeling tired anymore and kind of hung out with a few other people in the lab. Eventually, knowing that I had class at 11, I went back to my room to rest up a little. I tried pushing myself a bit by drawing while listening to a Let's Play of the prequel to Earthbound. But I started to nod off. I climbed into bed expecting to just lie down for a few minutes.

When I woke up, that class I was supposed to attend was more than half over. By the time I got there, the class was practically done. This was especially bad because the professor was checking progress on one of our game designs that day, and I had the only copy of the game. On the other hand, my partner during this class was an obnoxious, impatient Bleach x Negima fanfic writer (I am not joking, he told me this) who didn't contribute much to later projects, so I don't feel THAT bad about it now. And we didn't have to turn the final version of this one in.

Also, this wasn't even quite halfway through the term either. Usually all nighters in college happened mainly at the end of each term. So, probably not the dumbest reason, but I thought it was pretty funny.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
busterkeatonrules said:
Using the same alarm clock for too long. After a few years of shutting off that annoying noise every single morning, I will inevitably learn to do it in my sleep.
This is my problem. Its why I have to use my cell phone now and change the ringtone every few weeks. I get so used to snoozing that I do it in my sleep. My father often complained that my alarm would go off at 8 and I would snooze it every ten minutes til noon or later, and I would never remember actually doing it.

The Afrodactyl

Jul 19, 2010
I was 20 minutes late to a science exam and almost passed out from blood loss in said exam because I got headbutted and bit off about a centimetre off of the end of my tongue.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
EDIT: Did I mention that's what he told poor Mrs Anderson? The entire class just stared at him.

band43seat

Mar 13, 2010
one day i didnt go to school cause i convinced my mom to take me to see bugs life, and i spent a week at home just telling my mom i wasnt feeling good. im not that good a son am i

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
keideki said:
busterkeatonrules said:
Using the same alarm clock for too long. After a few years of shutting off that annoying noise every single morning, I will inevitably learn to do it in my sleep.
This is my problem. Its why I have to use my cell phone now and change the ringtone every few weeks. I get so used to snoozing that I do it in my sleep. My father often complained that my alarm would go off at 8 and I would snooze it every ten minutes til noon or later, and I would never remember actually doing it.
I solved it by placing my new alarm clock at the other end of the room, so I have to actually get out of bed before turning it off.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
Da Orky Man said:
Vilcus said:
What did you do when nature called? Do I really want to know?
I'll assumed you're joking, but for clarity's sake, I had a bathroom adjoined to my room in that place. It wasn't that bad.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
We couldn't pull an all nighter at my friend's house because they were celebrating his sister's 40th Birthday, who still lives with her parents.

-_-