What is the stupidest thing you've done [In a game]?

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
What is the stupidest thing you've done, in a game?

here's mine: Reenacting Leeroy Jenkins in every MMO and RPG I've ever played, just to prove something. I never can figure out what it is I'm trying to prove, I never get that far...

also, what's the most fun you've had in a game?

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
In recent memory, Dark Souls...

No specific moment, I just seem to do stupid things for no reason in it.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
I tried to take down a Falcon with an Energy sword in Halo. Ended up getting thrown off the map.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Miles000 said:

could this be due to the unrelenting difficulty, and makes players feel stupid because of lack of knowledge of what to do...

disclaimer: I've never played demon's souls / dark souls

Blue Deity

Sep 28, 2011
Pretty much anytime I've ever simply ran into a bottom less pit or spike trap in a platformer

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Miles000 said:

This. I killed every npc ( except the blacksmiths ) on my first playthrough , boy did i regret that.

Also : " OOH A LEDGE BETTER NOT FALL "....falls down said ledge

EDIT: just though of a new one for dark souls also . Blighttown " hmmm this bridge doesn't look too stable BETTER RUN!" falls of bridge. And "OOH A MONSTER! BETTER CHARGE IT !".... Then i die . To be fair this was when i was new to the game , don't do those anymore ... Very often. I do get cocky every so often , and the game punishes me for it.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
- Charging tanks in L4D2 armed with nothing but a crowbar.
- Charging Striders in L4D2 armed with nothing but a crowbar.
- Charging Anomalies in Metro 2033 armed with nothing but a .44 magnum revolver with a stock, silencer, scope and laser sight.

- Downloaded Afraid Of Monsters: DC.
- Wanted to buy Dark Souls.
- Played ME2 on Insanity as an Infiltrator.

Miles000

Apr 18, 2010
CulixCupric said:
Miles000 said:

could this be due to the unrelenting difficulty, and makes players feel stupid because of lack of knowledge of what to do...

disclaimer: I've never played demon's souls / dark souls
Well there is that, but I quite often will walk off an edge, roll off an edge, flip off en edge...
... lower my shield to attack, when I know I need to block.

Use the wrong item, hit the wrong button.
(the amount of times I healed instead of attacked in the beginning was ridiculous -_-)

I have a tendency to forget what I'm supposed to do, then die for it.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Batman: Arkham City, I played the first game multiple times so I know how much guns hurt, so of course I decide to charge the first gun toting mob I see in game (after the church where if you are seen they shoot the hostages) after that moment, I shut the game off, and gave my brain some much needed sleep

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Stupidest thing I've ever done...

Either in Fallout: New Vegas or Oblivion.

FNV: I got sick of trying to dodge the mortar shells fired from the Boomer airefield, so I finally said "FUCK THIS I'M RUNNING FOR THE GATE!" I actually made it halfway by bunny-hopping. Then realized my last save was from over an hour ago and across the map. FUUUUUUU!

Oblivion: Immediately after escape the underground sewer at the very beginning of the game, I went straight to the underground stronghold where the Umbra sword and that special black/gold armor were. At level 1. With nothing more than and iron shortsword, a wooden shield I got off a bandit who attacked me, and a new pair of leather boots from the same bandit.

Hilariously enough, after destroying my shield in one hit, I backed into a corner and kept using the level 1 Flare attack on the Umbra chick, kept punching the shit out of her, and kept healing myself, and after probably like five minutes I killed her. I was walking around with arguably the best sword and some of the best armor in the game before I'd even started the first mission. Doesn't change the fact it was a totally stupid thing to do trying to take her on at level 1.

Miles000

Apr 18, 2010
krazykidd said:
Miles000 said:

This. I killed every npc ( except the blacksmiths ) on my first playthrough , boy did i regret that.

Also : " OOH A LEDGE BETTER NOT FALL "....falls down said ledge
I accidentally stabbed the advanced pyromancer trainer...
She was talking, so I couldn't open the menu. I wanted to equip something a-rather...
So I hit start, then RB straight after...

Then I ran like hell!
My plan was to go to Mr sin-be-gone, and undo the damage, (just like what I did when I did the EXACT same thing to the other pyromancy trainer), but she poisoned herself before I got out of the swamp.

For a Daughter of Chaos, she isn't very powerful, or drop many souls.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Smeggs said:
Stupidest thing I've ever done...

Either in Fallout: New Vegas or Oblivion.

FNV: I got sick of trying to dodge the mortar shells fired from the Boomer airefield, so I finally said "FUCK THIS I'M RUNNING FOR THE GATE!" I actually made it halfway by bunny-hopping. Then realized my last save was from over an hour ago and across the map. FUUUUUUU!
i walked around the edge of the canyon and went in the back, after dying x times, x seems to be be a large number, i lost count. your not the only one to die at least once on that quest.

RedBeta22

Aug 28, 2008
A quick time battle with a rat while crawling through a sewer in Battlefield 3 campaign. And no, I didn't just post this because I read the latest Critical Miss comic. When I reach that part in the game yesterday I didn't know how to react; it was at once both the stupidest thing and the greatest thing I'd ever seen in a game. I eventually decided on stupid because f*** QTE's.

Bob_Dobb

Aug 22, 2011
Tony Hawks American Wasteland so often I would say "one more trick I can land it... FUCK!"

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Ninjat_126 said:
- Downloaded Afraid Of Monsters: DC.
Christ, I love that. I had to set the zombies to do no damage just to get myself through the whole thing. Partly because it's brutal and partly to relieve some tension, but it still creeped me the fuck out. Scariest thing I've ever played. Ever. Especially that part in the hospital with the wheelchair guy.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
RedBeta22 said:
A quick time battle with a rat while crawling through a sewer in Battlefield 3 campaign. And no, I didn't just post this because I read the latest Critical Miss comic. When I reach that part in the game yesterday I didn't know how to react; it was at once both the stupidest thing and the greatest thing I'd ever seen in a game. I eventually decided on stupid because f*** QTE's.
yahtzee's classic "press x not to die", eh?

when will developer's start watching zero punctuation. well, besides peter molyneux, didn't help him with fable series. QTE's should die.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Fallout 3, there were handprints on the wall going up the side of the building next to plungers, so I figured the game was telling me, climb up this wall by jumping on the plungers. I felt so stupid when the plungers didn't support my weight.

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
CulixCupric said:
RedBeta22 said:

when will developer's start watching zero punctuation. well, besides peter molyneux, didn't help him with fable series. QTE's should die.
i was very disappointed in the witcher 2 when i found the first boss had a qte on it
very disappointed indeed.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
The Lugz said:
CulixCupric said:
RedBeta22 said:

i was very disappointed in the witcher 2 when i found the first boss had a qte on it
very disappointed indeed.
i remember fighting that boss on the lowest possible fps, with maximum lag, on a toshiba laptop. i finished the game, the whole game, on this laptop. fml!

also, naming your dragon age II character mike. full name "mike hawke".