What is the symbol of your chilhood?

googleit6

May 12, 2010
Hm. Maybe... Lizzie McGuire?

Yeah.

*Edit

Oh, and The Pagemaster... (I think that's what the movie was called)
Pizza night (aka Fridays)
My basement
Harry Potter and the Philosoper's Stone (The computer game, which was AWESOME)
Tarzan (The game, and the animated movie)

HDi

Aug 23, 2010

I had my own little red boots and everything!

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
It was a tough fight between lego and Sonic, but in the end I think lego wins.
Little building blocks to make whole worlds with, where spacemen could fight pirates and the knights of old rode trains through the city district. Where gaudy towers of blues and greens and reds and yellows stood tall amongst the lesser creations, where a house could become a boat, and the next minute a plane. Where landscapes changed from lush forests to barren deserts within an instant, and all who lived within these worlds had a purpose. And you were in it too, there was always that one lego person, probably kitted out in a ninja garb with three capes on, wielding a silver sword in one hand, and a massive laser gun that screwed up their balance in the other. No matter what the problem you built, your little lego person was ready to tackle it.

This love has stuck with me for 20 years, now the lego is being used to represent my DnD group, so I can build the dungeon rather than just use a grid and tiles. If there is a big dragon in the room, I will build a big dragon and put him in that room!

...If it wasn't so late I'd break out a tub and start building.

Carl Fox

May 7, 2011
ChildofGallifrey said:
I grew up in the golden age of Nickelodeon: Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers...*sigh* They just don't make 'em like that anymore.
I'll see your Orange Blob, and raise with this one : http://youtu.be/FfTH5eXAkTg

Now, those were some classic times. Ghod, I'm Old. :D

Actually, in my case, I was more influenced by the BBC, via my public television station : http://youtu.be/WdVivT0ShC4 ... Learned very quickly why British kids liked to watch this from behind the sofa. :)

Dan From Aus

Jan 13, 2011
Okay. Symbol of my childhood is Frankenstein's Monster & Dracula. Now go with me on this. When I was a young kid, my mum and I went on a trip. On our way back we went to America. So that meant Disney Land and Universal Studios.

At Universal we stopped for lunch, mum told me to stand in one spot and don't move. However the Miami Vice show came out and I was swamped by people, which just picked me up and I was gone. I raced back to the Hot Dog stand we stopped at for lunch but mum was gone already trying to find me. So I walked around till I saw this really tall guy. He looked like someone I could trust. Going up to him I asked if he could help me find my mother. Looking down at me Frankenstein's Monster groaned (stayed completely in character) took my hand and led me to someone who could actually talk. For those of you who haven't guessed yet, the next person to help me was Dracula. He then guided me to one of the security people of university and that they would take me to lost and found. which is where my mother was. Oh and Dracula also stayed in character, talking to me with a bad Romanian accent.

Since then I love horror and the Universal Monsters. And was probably the biggest impact on me as a kid.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Lets see, Spyro, Oddworld, Mario, Pokemon, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask, Disney, Nickelodeon, and my late cat.

Tarkinor

Mar 2, 2010
Its simple. The Triforce. I cannot count the amount of times I re-played my Zelda games as a kid.

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
Lego,Invader Zim,My Ps1,My innocence
I remember waiting for the first spyro game to come out...good time's..good time's....all the spyro game's past enter the dragonfly have been terrible

HDi

Aug 23, 2010
Dan From Aus said:
Okay. Symbol of my childhood is Frankenstein's Monster & Dracula.
The only recurring dream I ever had as a kid was about Frankenstein's monster and Dracula. They would just stand there glaring at me... not talking, not moving... just staring all hostile and scary.

Then everything would go black and some weird red text would flash in front of my eyes... and then I'd wake up.

Used to freak the shit outta me.

I went on a massive monster kick a little after that though... vampires, werewolves and mummies and all that. They were awesome.

Bad LT.

Apr 24, 2009
Mine would easily be:
He honestly defined me as a person and I beleive I would not be who I am today without some of the things he said. If you need an example why please watch
And remember, good guys still wear black.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
pokemon(games and anime) most other 90's and late 80's cartoons my gameboy color and this old blanket that I still use despite the massive holes that negate it's usefulness