What is the worst cross over ideas ever?

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Mass Effect X Higurashi No Naku Kuro Ni. You may want to /thread now rather than later XD

I had a rather disturbing dream about this actually... Y'know when you're just dozing around waking up every half an hour then immediately going back to sleep? That's when the half an hour at a time weird as shit dreams happen to me XP

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
StarCraft + The Elder Scrolls.
That'd su... wait, that's amazing.
I want that now.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
MLP + anything.

Fortunately we have an entire league of bronies with a nothing is holy approach ready to do elaborate crossovers. Meh.
When told about a Fallout/MLP fan fic that's supposedly very good, my response was this:

Not knocking your fandom, or anything but that pony fan fiction sort of thing doesn't seem like it's at all important.

I mean, you say it's a good story and whatnot, but how is it necessarily improved by the ponies? It seems like it would be equally as good, if not better, if it were just the fallout universe. Things aren't necessarily better for being run through a "pony filter".
He still hasn't gotten back to me.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
MLP + anything.

Fortunately we have an entire league of bronies with a nothing is holy approach ready to do elaborate crossovers. Meh.
When told about a Fallout/MLP fan fic that's supposedly very good, my response was this:

Not knocking your fandom, or anything but that pony fan fiction sort of thing doesn't seem like it's at all important.

I mean, you say it's a good story and whatnot, but how is it necessarily improved by the ponies? It seems like it would be equally as good, if not better, if it were just the fallout universe. Things aren't necessarily better for being run through a "pony filter".
But really, there are two sorts of crossovers: The ones where the characters from one series end up in another thing, and ones where they take a certain thing and make a whole new world with new lore that's loosely based on another thing. Crossovers are fine to be honest, because really if you don't like em' you should just stay the fuck away from them. Not go on about how your thing's been "corrupted" or "ruined", because that just makes you seem like a person who doesn't want people to do what they want.

Like, Fallout Equestria is probably the only one that I've seen mentioned a lot. Any other MLP crossover you have to find to see, so if you don't want to see them just don't get on any pony fanfiction websites!

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
MLP + anything.

Mmmmh.

I still don't understand the average bronies need to add MLP to absolutely anything and everything. Theres videos on youtube of anime with ponies shoddily put over all the main characters. There Harry Potter and Fallout fanfics with ponies thrown in. Theres a MLP mod for Skyrim. Someone even shopped a pony into a picture of Auschwitz, for fucks sake.

I'd like to know whats behind it but I only have one option: ask the bronies themselves, and we all know how bronies react to questions.
I think we do it for a few reasons: because we LOVE both shows and want to see them together for the novelty value, or because we just want to see our favourite characters doing something weird and different, or because the author just wants to fill some sort of fantasy or because we just feel like it. Also, about the auschwitz photo, only ONE guy made those photos and really he was trying to be serious and take respect to the holocaust, instead of doing it for teh lulz like in this picture:

[imagehttp://img.chan4chan.com/img/2012-02-20/1329697954370.jpg][/IMG]

I don't hate all Bear Grylls fans because of that, even though it's making fun of one of the most horrific things in history by adding a completely phony TV "survivalist" in it because "lol teh holocaust waz hard to liv through!". I just get a bit offended, and move on. Haven't you ever seen that "offended" video? The one with the comedian that says that when you're offended nothing "happens" and nothings "changed".

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
MLP + anything.

But really, there are two sorts of crossovers: The ones where the characters from one series end up in another thing, and ones where they take a certain thing and make a whole new world with new lore that's loosely based on another thing. Crossovers are fine to be honest, because really if you don't like em' you should just stay the fuck away from them. Not go on about how your thing's been "corrupted" or "ruined", because that just makes you seem like a person who doesn't want people to do what they want.

Like, Fallout Equestria is probably the only one that I've seen mentioned a lot. Any other MLP crossover you have to find to see, so if you don't want to see them just don't get on any pony fanfiction websites!
I was asking a question. When did I say I had a problem with them, or that they were ruining franchises? Conjecture is an ugly thing, mate.

May 17, 2010
MLP meets the Mongol hoard and are eaten/ ridden upon. MLP meets the Nazi war machine and are conscripted into being used as beasts of burden. They all die in the retreat from Russia

Monopoly man meets Karl Marx

Pokemon meets Micheal Vick

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
MLP + anything.

I was asking a question. When did I say I had a problem with them, or that they were ruining franchises? Conjecture is an ugly thing, mate.
Sorry, just I always just assume that everyone who wonders this are the type of people that think if a person wants to show their love for two different shows by making a crossover the show in question is "ruined" and "corrupted". But I answered your question, didn't I?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Seriously though, WTF is this bullshit?

It should be a crime to cross Vegeta with a pony!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
MLP + anything.

Sorry, just I always just assume that everyone who wonders this are the type of people that think if a person wants to show their love for two different shows by making a crossover the show in question is "ruined" and "corrupted". But I answered your question, didn't I?
Yes, you did. Though to be honest, I think it's that overtly hostile reaction (which seems to go against the whole "love & tolerate" thing you perpetuate) that actually causes a lot of the derision your fandom receives. Other causes being things like how certain bronies treat it as more important than it really is (e.g. those pictures and posts people have made comparing the brony discrimination to gay rights, the suffragettes movements, or Martin Luther King). I'd say it's a fandom like any other which means people have just as much right to follow it as others do things like fallout, or anime. Equally though, it does mean that like any other fandom, it's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

TL; DR:, like anything else, MLP isn't that important and I think you'll feel less segregated when you stop expecting to be vilified. Kind of like those finger trap things where you only get out of them by relaxing.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
Also, about the auschwitz photo, only ONE guy made those photos and really he was trying to be serious and take respect to the holocaust,
If I shit on a baby and say I'm doing it to raise awareness for breast cancer, I'm still shitting on a baby.

ToastiestZombie said:
I just get a bit offended, and move on. Haven't you ever seen that "offended" video? The one with the comedian that says that when you're offended nothing "happens" and nothings "changed".
I'm not offended, (seriously, dafuq? why would I be offended?) I just think adding MLP to everything is bloody pointless. "Because we just feel like it" leaves me just as clueless as before, it's not really an explanation.
I think, in the pony fanfiction circles. It's because of these reasons:
.Writing crossovers is easier, seeing as you can just add in a random thing and ignore making an original story
.Crossovers are generally known to be more popular on sites like FiMFiction, even if they're worse than other fics
.They like both shows and want to cross them over for a bit of novelty

And to be honest, a LOT of pony crossover fanfics are shit as shit can be, the only really decent one I can think off is Fallout: Equestria and that's only really a crossover in name and a few scenarios.

As for drawings, I guess it's because it's much easier to make an original pony that looks like a character because ponies all use the same basic template, all you have to do is add details to make it different. I've done a few crossover drawings, my best one being the Walking Dead. I didn't do it because I wanted to "ruin" anything, I did it because I love both shows and I want to cross em' over because I want to.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
ToastiestZombie said:
Binnsyboy said:
MLP + anything.

Yes, you did. Though to be honest, I think it's that overtly hostile reaction (which seems to go against the whole "love & tolerate" thing you perpetuate) that actually causes a lot of the derision your fandom receives. Other causes being things like how certain bronies treat it as more important than it really is (e.g. those pictures and posts people have made comparing the brony discrimination to gay rights, the suffragettes movements, or Martin Luther King). I'd say it's a fandom like any other which means people have just as much right to follow it as others do things like fallout, or anime. Equally though, it does mean that like any other fandom, it's trivial in the grand scheme of things.

TL; DR:, like anything else, MLP isn't that important and I think you'll feel less segregated when you stop expecting to be vilified. Kind of like those finger trap things where you only get out of them by relaxing.
Yep, I know it's not important at all. I hate the people who do that sort of shit as much as you. I also absolutely loath people who think that you need to have a big "coming out" thing about being a brony. They think people actually give as much of a fuck about their friend/child liking a show as them turning out to be gay. All they need to do is say "Hey, here's a fun fact. I watch MLP and enjoy it" whilst having a casual conversation about weird fun facts about themselves. Not get their parents to sit down, get a cup of tea and brace themselves. Also, love and tolerate is a rule I don't follow seeing as it's a stupid rule made by stupid bronies when it's NEVER been said in the show.

But yeah, I'm a bit hostile in forums because well, that's the way I am. Not anything to do with me being a brony. Also, it's just that most people I see who don't like MLP crossovers just seem to have their argument as "WAAAH THEY PUT SOMETHING I LIKE INTO SOMETHING I DONT LIKE IT'S NOW RUINED WAAAHHH", when they can just move along and go enjoy whatever thing they like. Here's a good example:
Hazy992 said:
Seriously though, WTF is this bullshit?

It should be a crime to cross Vegeta with a pony!
He can just move along, like I do with any crossover I personally don't like.