What is the Worst, most pointless thread you've seen on the Escapist?

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
GreatTeacherCAW said:
I wonder if Eternal Nothingness will commit suicide due to internet bullying.

I hate any threads that are about sexuality or politics. I honestly don't care if you are an agnostic bi-sexual eunuch republican that likes to rub spinach on themselves for pleasure.
Damn, that is an evocative image. Thanks... I suppose, for that.

Very few threads really make me angry per say, but I can't stand the haters. Specifically the Bioware hate. Personally I'm not crazy about some very beloved companies around here. Bethesda and Valve particularly haven't consistently drawn me in, but I don't start or continue threads about how "Bethesda is really going down hill since they made that one game out of like 15 that didn't blow my mind". Not only do I have the desire to gripe like that but I also fell if there is nothing to add, then don't. Since Dragon Age 2 there has been a lot of defeatist people out there. Its in vogue right now though. Guess that's what it feels like to be a COD and Halo fanboy around here.

Flizzick

Jun 29, 2011
A lot of threads from the Advice Forum come to mind, especially the ones describing relationship troubles.

Also: why do people hate seeing threads about "CoD vs. Battlefront" and "Skyrim?" This is first and foremost a gaming community

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
RAKtheUndead said:
Threads about romance, relationships or love immediately invoke my rage. I hate them so much. They are absolutely uncalled for. Even if I wasn't in the state I'm in with romance, I'd still protest them - the internet is not a place to talk about relationships.
What are acceptable topics of online discussion?

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
If I see religion mentioned anywhere in the first five posts, I drop it like a rabid weasel and run for the hills. No good ever comes from mentioning that particular topic, favorably or disdainfully, on this forum.

I think it goes without saying that I avoid the R&P board.

UBERfionn

Jun 7, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.322474-A-different-way-of-justifying-piracy

This one^
I just don't even...

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Flizzick said:
Also: why do people hate seeing threads about "CoD vs. Battlefront" and "Skyrim?" This is first and foremost a gaming community
Because there were(or are) something like 5 different threads on these same topics, all saying the same thing.
Everyone is riding the hype train, fine. Let them be excited, but that's no reason to mathematically quash other discussions.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
Most of what appears on the forums tends to be pointless.....do random discussions need to be productive? = \