What is the worst movie you have ever seen?

dickywebster

Jul 11, 2011
Twilight, there might be worse movies, but the twilight series, its fans and its effect on popular culture and the damage done to the supernatural and romance genres are just too bad to ignore.
Other movies might be bad, but they didnt create as much mind killing badness as twilight spawned...

Thankfully this seems to be passing in part cause the series is coming to an end, so i hope it goes away and never comes back again!

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Hmmm...this is a tough one. How does one judge what makes a movie bad? Many "bad" movies were made as jokes/bets (see "Manos: The hands of Fate"). Those I don't count as bad movies, because they are not to be taken seriously.

However, there are those pretentious Sci Fi Originals (I refuse to spell it Syfy, on the basis that I am not an idiot) that try to be real movies. Almost every one of them is terrible, but I think "Snakehed Terror" takes the cake.

While those movies are indeed terrible, they pale in comparisson to the worst movie I have ever seen: "Dragonball Evolution." The story was raped to the point of death, the acting was so sub-par as to be non-existant, and it just plain sucked.

I am still assured that "Dragon Wars" was worse, though. I have not seen it yet, though I will have to eventually.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Zac Smith said:
That film by Uwe Bolle, you know the one I'm on about right?
I think you're talkiing about that one, the one that got the Swedish title "Varje Film Han gjort." Is it that one?

Chedderwolf

Jan 21, 2011
Three very high contenders for this had to be either sharkboy and lavagirl as Terminate421 already mentioned, and Troll two as Alphavillain previously commented.
Jaws two was hated by me because of that one girl who WOULD NOT STOP SCREAMING "BLEAH BLEAH ITS DER MUNSTER EAAAUGH".

However, the worst movie i have ever seen had to have been Eragon. Seriously, that movie screwed the plot up so much from the books. Even if you didn't read the books (like 2 of my friends who watched the movie with me) it was terrible.

uneek

Sep 4, 2011
I can't exactly remember all the movies I've seen, but the worst I've seen recently is "Piranha 3D".

chowderface

Nov 18, 2009
Chedderwolf said:
However, the worst movie i have ever seen had to have been Eragon. Seriously, that movie screwed the plot up so much from the books. Even if you didn't read the books (like 2 of my friends who watched the movie with me) it was terrible.
The book was toasted shit on a stick. It didn't even deserve a movie in the first place.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
That title still belongs to a lovely little film simply titled "SSSSSSS". If I ever find a movie worse than that I swear I will kill myself.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
After last season Look it up guys...I think I have everyone else beaten.

It is a movie so bad that there is actually a theory it was made just to scam investors out of their money. Yes, the director actually claimed to have a budget for this movie.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
D.E.B.S.

My brother bought it because he wanted to see some hot girl action in school girl outfits, but instead got an incredibly boring and underdeveloped story about spies in a spy academy, none of them using any slang that the box art promised, and we literally stopped watching this movie about 20 mins in.

This is the first movie that I had completely stopped watching because of how horrible it was. I want to find all these critics that gave it a rave review and brand them with a hot iron on their forehead with "Sell Out." I do not recommend this movie to anyone. It's not a "it's so bad, it funny" flick as it is "why did I waste X mins of my life on this?" deal.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Twilight 1 and 3.

Watched the 1 by myself and quit halfway through and a friend had me watch the 3 one with her to check out Jacob's abs.

Not even the abs could keep me awake.

Both times, I'm grateful I found ways around giving money for that crap.

The Hero Killer

Aug 9, 2010
The Spirit, Final Fantasy Spirits Within, and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow are on the list.

But I think this Mexican version of a Santa Claus film that I own where his elves were little ethnic kids and he teamed up with Merlin to save Christmas from the Devil is by far the worst.

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
Soulfoodman said:
Have you ever been to an actual screening of The Room? Some of the most fun you can have watching a movie. The movie might be bad, but it is comedy gold.
Not yet but I hear that there is going to be a 3D version in cinema so I will definitely go see that

http://www.slashfilm.com/tommy-wiseau-the-room-3d-theatrical-rerelease/
I did not know about this. Now that I do, I can't wait. The best part will be the moment when Johnny, Tommy Wiseau's character, waves towards the bottom right corner of the screen and says "Hi everybody!" Now when I wave back I'll be seeing it in 3-D like he's actually there with us. lol

Charles McGuffin

Aug 4, 2011
Erja_Perttu said:
Charles McGuffin said:
Definitely Tron.

It contains so much bullshit.
Bullshit, yeah, plenty of that. It didn't make a damn bit of sense. I reckon I can top it for sheer WTF-ery. Ever seen Knowing?

I caught Knowing on tv the other day and, MY GOD, what a pile of crap. Also, Nicolas 'Not the BEES!' Cage was in it.
It can have its advantages not to live in the US. Here in germany I don't see those movies that were already awfull overseas. Well, not all of it. But we have our own bullshit. But those are usually TV Movies I can easily miss since I don't have a TV.

darkcalling

Sep 29, 2011
The worst film that I've ever seen by far has to be Napoleon Dynamite. I will never understand what people saw in that movie. The characters were boring, the plot went nowhere, etc. Heck I actually punched my brother in the head for convincing me to watch that movie. Though to be fair he hadn't seen it yet either and had borrowed it from a friend. I had never met the friend or I would've punched HIM instead.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
chowderface said:
Chedderwolf said:
The book was toasted shit on a stick. It didn't even deserve a movie in the first place.
Hey, it wasn't that bad for a first try. I enjoyed it, and the sequels (haven't got the conclusion, though - I should). No ASoIaF, though, not by a looooong shot.

Todd Ralph

Nov 27, 2011
Into the wild by Sean Penn

The movie, book, and even the story of the main character is only considered tragic because of how stupid he honestly was. He came from a sheltered world and thought nature would be just as so. Im kinda glad he got it in the end.

Then the diary of a wimpy kid i just found annoying

next is the twilight series but i think thats more from my sheer hatred of Stephanie Meyer and her books.

Dwarfman

Oct 11, 2009
Foxpack1 said:
Dwarfman said:
Foxpack1 said:
Watership Down.

How is it possible to make a childrens cartoon film about rabbits horrifying? This film did that.

Awwww comeon!! Really? One of my favourite animated classics when I was a kid! One of my favourite parts is when the black rabbit with the floppy ears attacks the big mean rabbit and gets his throat - literally - bitten out for his troubles. Although that being said the bit in the middle with the Bright Eyes song was a little boring for me at the age of 4. That point of the movie was my cue to bugger off get into my jammies and hunt down more snacks.
When you have rabbits, that stuff becomes scary. The amount of rabbit violence in that film IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN or anyone else.
Heh...you should check out the animated version of George Orwells Animal Farm. I got to watch that when I was about six or seven. Not as graphically violent as Watership Down but pretty full on.