What is the worst thing a person can do or has done in Co-op?

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
*whisper* alright, this is a stealth level, so we need to be very very quiet and - BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM*

....goddamnit.

Dusquad

Sep 3, 2009
Ninja'ed for the stealth one.

I guess running ahead (in blam blam fashion a la SplinterCell Conviction... long story) and leaving you behind with all the hyper alert, pissed off guards that you can't take on your own whilst your buddy goes and dances or whatever. He then gets mad at you for dying. Fucking asshole.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Forget--or not even understand--the concept behind "cooperation." You work as a team, not try to hinder and outdo the other person on the same side as you.
Abandoning the game, but not quitting it is another thing that bothers me. This happens a lot in Nazi zombies and a little in Left 4 Dead. How many times I've started a round, just to see another player stand there for ten minutes, constantly dying and screwing the rest of us up. A team can't function if you say you're ready, but you really aren't.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
When I played diablo 2 with my ex he used to kick the connection cable out of the computer :mad: so he'd get all the loot.

One of the many reasons why he's now my ex.

When I played L4D with my mates we called a friend 'Nike man' becuase he just used to set off running and not stop. Also all three of the guys were trying to be the leader which doesn't work well.

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
if there is a puzzle where you have to both stand on buttons on the other side of the room or anything like that, walking off of the button, putting down the controler and going to make yourself a sandwich

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Probably the attempt to beat me to death for a health pack.

First and last l4d with random internet folk.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
In Titan Quest, the game has this weird bug involving pets.

Normally, they're friendlies and are unable to be targeted. But sometimes at seemingly random moments, they become attackable.

This led to my friend constantly dropping lightning bolts on top my other friend's fire golem. Which sucked because it has a very long cooldown and takes a load of mana to summon.

The victim got his revenge though. My first friend got this weird summon pet cloud that's invincible but doesn't actually attack anything, it just buffs us. Yet it too becomes able to be targeted. My first friend would cast plague on the stupid thing, which normally spreads to every single enemy. But because the pet is "friendly", the plague would spread to us.

So we would be like, "GODDAMN WHY WON'T THIS PLAGUE GO AWAY." While my other friend snickers at us being poisoned to death cause of that stupid cloud. Typical coop shenanigans.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Pretty much acting like a coward and letting you do most of the work and yet somehow reap most of the points.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Any section needing complete trust "i.e. Dude i'm trusting you to not drop this bridge while i'm walking over it"

100% of the time i die, and i always see it coming. Not that i can stop it in any way.

And taking all the health packs during an expert run of L4D, it's the goddamn cardinal sin of L4D no act of dickishness is more dickish than that.

Harley Ryan

Jul 3, 2011
when ur freind a u get all the way to the helicopter in left for dead 1 only yo have him shoot u getting ur health down to like 10 then getting in the copter wile the zombies down u

General Ken8

May 18, 2009
1. When you play four-player co-op New Super Mario for the Wii and you leave for a few seconds to get a drink or something. Guaranteed someone has picked you up and thrown you off a cliff before you get back (non-specific example)

2. This is THE WORST thing anyone's done to me in co-op. My cousin and I had spent probably a cumulative 24 hours or more on an amazing multiplayer Minecraft server. We had this amazing house, a massive mine, and tons of diamonds. One of my other friends built a piston in the ground and put a button on top of it while we were off doing something else, and then he said, "Hey, if you press this button, the server will crash." Naturally, we didn't believe him, so we said that we wouldn't because it sounded like such a lie. Then, to prove it, my cousin decided to test said button. *CLICK*
The server crashed, and now it doesn't work.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
Forget--or not even understand--the concept behind "cooperation." You work as a team, not try to hinder and outdo the other person on the same side as you.
Abandoning the game, but not quitting it is another thing that bothers me. This happens a lot in Nazi zombies and a little in Left 4 Dead. How many times I've started a round, just to see another player stand there for ten minutes, constantly dying and screwing the rest of us up. A team can't function if you say you're ready, but you really aren't.
Oh God, this story happened in Killing Floor and it pissed me off:

So, we go on the map Icebreaker, which is known for being a hard and dark map. Six of us, but one person is AFK and it's impossible to kick him. So we spend the next hour fighting six peoples worth of specimens, while our AFK guy was getting torn apart literally seconds after a round would begin.

We come to the last round, the Patriarch (sort of boss battle). Suddenly, Mr. AFK isn't AFK and joins us at the trader. He then outright demands money.

This stupid moron had spent literally the entire game up until the last minute doing nothing but dying and leaving us with more to fight, and now he's demanding we forgive him and fork over our hard-earned dosh.

We ridiculed him for that, gave him no dosh and went to fight the Patriarch. We won, but of course Mr. Formerly AFK was killed before we defeated the Patriarch.

He ragequitted, hilariously. And he wasn't even that good, I was rocking the place as Level 4 Demolitions and we had a Level 5 Firebug, but that guy was a Level 1 Sharpshooter.