What is your favorite cocktail

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Well I'm not a big fan of any cocktails but I reckon a bloody mary would be nice as vodka is one of the less repugnant spirits and tomato juice is a strong enough flavour to maybe cover it and if not I'll just add a fuckload of tabasco.

Coraxian

Jul 22, 2010
Mai Tai is the one I prefer to order at this cocktail bar in another city I frequent about twice a year.

Home made it's all kept a lot simpler with a nice gin and tonic (preferably bombay sapphire) with a slice of lemmon.

KafkaOffTheBeach

Nov 17, 2010
Irish Car Bomb ************.
Its so ridiculously manly that it isn't just the cocktail - its the whole cock.
1 Pint of Guinness
Shot of Baileys
Shot of Jamesson
Boom.
It also tastes somewhat like chocolate milk if done correctly. Which invalidates my manly point entirely.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
One of my favorites is one my roommate invented. I'll warn you it's not for the faint of heart, but is delicious despite having odd components. It's called the Deerhunter.

2 parts Canadian Whiskey (brand negligible)
1 part Frangelico (hazelnut liqeur)
1 part Kahlua (or similar coffee flavored liqeur)

put it in a rocks glass with a few cubes and you've got one helluva drink before you. Seriously, drink two and be prepared for wobbily legs all night.

diebane

Apr 7, 2010
I've never had one, but I want to try a White Russian, thats vodka and coffee liquor/sirup (don't know what exactly, but it has alcohol in it), then a little bit of milk/cream, served on ice. Looks really good :)

Someone here that already drank a WR? Experiences?

mfG diebane

littlerob

May 11, 2009
Elamdri said:
Nothing wrong with not wanting to get drunk. I've been drunk 1 time in my life, and that was on my 21st and to be honest, it kinda sucked. I felt down, I hurt myself, I threw up, and the night pretty much was kinda meh.

Getting drunk is something that kids and alcoholics do (and the two are not mutually exclusive).

Having a drink or two every once in a while to loosen up and just to enjoy the drink itself is different; something responsible adults do.
I would disagree. Getting drunk isn't the disgusting irresponsibility that a few folks here apparently think it is. Getting drunk is a fun way to loosen up, have some fun, and talk to people that ordinarily you never would. The big thing to remember is that there is a huge difference between getting drunk and getting wasted. I know folks that go out with the sole intention of getting absolutely paralytic, and that strikes me as silly. But going out, having a few nice drinks, and letting go for a night is great. And when you're stressed or depressed, nothing gets you back up faster than heading down the pub with some friends, cutting loose, and just having fun for a bit.

True, there's people who are terribly scared of losing control of themselves, but from my experience (I know a few of them personally), they tend to be people that have either never gotten drunk themselves or have done it once or twice and had a bad experience. I don't know, maybe I'm biased from being a bartender.

But back onto the topic...

The Pearl Harbour is a nice one, though I make it differently to the usual recipe since I'm not a huge fan of white rum
35ml Vodka
35ml Midori
35ml Lime Juice
Add to glass filled with ice, top up with lemonade
Stir, garnish with lime

Or alternatively, the Tequila Sunrise, always a favourite.
Add 70ml of Tequila to an empty glass, top with fresh orange juice
Add a sink of grenadine syrup - just a tiny amount, enough to tint the bottom of the drink red as it sinks but not enough that it overpowers the flavour
Add lemon, straws, and a silly cocktail umbrella, and you're set

Or for a third, let's go for the good old Godfather
35ml Bourbon (usually Jack Daniels over here, because that's the easiest to get ahold of)
35ml Amaretto (Normally Disaronno, likewise)
Add to a glass filled with ice, top with coke, garnish with lime, enjoy

littlerob

May 11, 2009
diebane said:
I've never had one, but I want to try a White Russian, thats vodka and coffee liquor/sirup (don't know what exactly, but it has alcohol in it), then a little bit of milk/cream, served on ice. Looks really good :)

Someone here that already drank a WR? Experiences?

mfG diebane
A White Russian can be made in a few ways, but the core of it is Vodka and either Tia Maria or Kahlua, depending on how much you like coffee. Add to that either milk, cream, or baileys, depending on how much you like the taste of high abv drinks and how thick you want it. Tastes smooth, very creamy, but the liquor gives it a bit of a bite. The coffee flavour is very, very slight, just adds a nice tint to it, so don't worry about that if you don't like coffee.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Elamdri said:
brandon237 said:
Personally (call me a freak) I never want to get drunk, so I will keep that in mind :)

And I can see myself digging this post up at my 18th...

Getting drunk is something that kids and alcoholics do (and the two are not mutually exclusive).
Although I am technically underage, that is one stupid fucking statement.

OT: My cocktails consist of beer, and then more beer. And then beer again.

Vern

Sep 19, 2008
I like to keep it simple, if I have a cocktail I'll have a Manhattan. I make mine with Wild Turkey, sweet vermouth, and bitters. It's quick, tasty, and effective.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
littlerob said:
there is a huge difference between getting drunk and getting wasted.
To me drunk and wasted are two words for the same thing. I think what you call drunk, I call buzzed. When I say drunk, I mean that fall down, stumbling, rambling, useless state of being that you find most college students and abusive parents in.

But going out, having a few nice drinks, and letting go for a night is great. And when you're stressed or depressed, nothing gets you back up faster than heading down the pub with some friends, cutting loose, and just having fun for a bit.
No problem with that, but I wouldn't call that "Drunk"

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Haven't had many drinks, I'm more of a beer guy, but I do really like Vodka Lime(with a helluva lot of lime mix) and White Russian.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Woodsey said:
Elamdri said:
brandon237 said:
Personally (call me a freak) I never want to get drunk, so I will keep that in mind :)

And I can see myself digging this post up at my 18th...

Although I am technically underage, that is one stupid fucking statement.
What's stupid about it? Getting drunk is not responsible drinking. Pretty much the two types of people who get drunk are alcoholics (go figure) and kids that are just under or over the legal drinking age (Cause it's "cool").

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
KafkaOffTheBeach said:
Irish Car Bomb ************.
Its so ridiculously manly that it isn't just the cocktail - its the whole cock.
1 Pint of Guinness
Shot of Baileys
Shot of Jamesson
Boom.
It also tastes somewhat like chocolate milk if done correctly. Which invalidates my manly point entirely.
What's not manly about chocolate milk?

IcyEvils

Sep 9, 2009
I haven't tried many cocktails to be honest, and the ones I have tried (while extremely enjoyable) I forgot to get the names of. However, when it comes to SHOTS, nothing beats Sambuca & Baileys (nicknamed 'Slippery Nipple' in the club I go to..).

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
As a former head barman and cocktail waiter, I'm flinching at some of these descriptions XD

I'm a fan of the Old Fashioned.