What is your favorite game of all time?

Nova Helix

Mar 17, 2010
What is your favorite game of all time, why is it your favorite game, and is the developer in March Mayhem?

Mine is the original Spyro. It was the first game I ever owned and I played the shit out of it, even though most of the extended game play was from my 8 year old hand eye coordination. I picked it up a few months ago and it was still a blast, I will always hold that game close.
Insomniac is in March mayhem, I currently have them losing to Blizzard in round two :(

Lazier Than Thou

Jun 27, 2009
I'd say World of Warcraft. It's the game that I've spent the most time playing and have had the best times with.

However, I would say that Silent Storms: Sentinels is a very close second.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Well I got a top 3, not just one.

Alien vs Predator 2, which is just incredibly fun.

System Shock 2, for being pretty much perfect, albeit a bit difficult.

Starcraft, which used to occupy every second of my time a few years back, what with making new maps and campaigns and having great fun.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
Planescape: Torment, so much awesome and one stupidly powerful spell. Not to mention the kajillions of dialogue options, and all the deep meaningful insight on stuff and what not. There was something else but I can't remember.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Very hard choice between Deus Ex and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Very hard

Screw it, I'll go with uh...Crash Bandicoot then.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Persona 4. I sound like a broken record, but it is amazing. Character development? check. Involving story? Check. Engaging combat? Check. Can I date Naoto? Check. It has everything.

Edit: And don't think I'll forget about Atlus and Nippon Ichi's snub from MM, Escapist.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
Phantasy Star 2.
Nostalgia is a powerful force.
I grabbed it off the XBLA recently and it still maintains one of my favorites.
Sega. (Not on the MM, but still worth mentioning)

Resident Evil 4.
This is probably one of the best games I have ever played. Still.
Capcom. I had them go far in my bracket, only to lose to Valve near the end.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Check any of my previous posts, and odds are I'll mention the vastly underrated PS1 classic Chrono Cross, technically a sequel to Chrono Trigger in the same way that KOTOR 2 is a sequel to KOTOR 1. Same world with references to the previous game, but not all that much to do with it.

This is probably the reason that an insanely large number of people dislike it, because it isn't a direct continuation from CT. Also, it had a brilliant and unique battle system that forced you to actually use your head and plan in battle, which I'm given to understand people didn't like. Seriously, if I could pummel the shit out of the game repeatedly when I was 10 years old, there's no reason for anyone to be so confused by the combat that it renders the game unplayable.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
I have far, far too many games that I love to be able to choose just one easily. But my default answer tends to be Tales of Symphonia.

And, er, as for March Mayhem... the little '--' in my March Mayhem box pretty much describes how much I've looked at the brackets this year.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Three way tie:
Shadow of the Colossus.
Final Fantasy 9.
Ace Combat Zero.

Just can't choose between them.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Way to break the common thread mold (I'm guilty of this to, but I need to be part of the cool kids club by pointing it out.)

My favorite game is Half Life 2 because its Characters are extremely endearing, even the ones you only meet for a short while, the action is fantastic, it has great puzzles, the story is great, the level design is great, the set pieces are great. Not to mention the GRAVITY GUN. The second you see a saw blade in this game if you don't instantly light up with joy there is something wrong with you.

Runner ups are:
Uncharted 2
Shadow of the colossus
MGS4
Kotor