What is your favorite game of all time?

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
This is a hard choice, and I do not think I have the answer for it :)

Why? Because what used to be good 10 years ago didn't age well. There are a lot of games I thought was really good, but I don't have a "favorite game of all time", mainly because I don't know how to determine what makes it my favorite game.

captainaweshum

May 1, 2010
Majora's Mask or Mass Effect 2.

MM for the atmosphere.

ME2 because it was the first game that made me really care about the characters, for no other reason than the characters themselves.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Shock and Awe said:
Halo: Combat Evolved, I will never try to make the argument that Halo:CE is the best game ever, because it isn't. That being said, it is truly my favorite for both technical and subjective reasons. First off, it is one of the best games ever made. Its firefights were amazing, the story was and still is epic, and the music was like a fine meal for my ears. It also innovated the genre like no other game before. It created the mechanics for control still used by almost every console shooter to date, it created the two weapon system, and was the first to use recharging health. It was also the first shooter I ever played and was the game that really made me a gamer, so I can't not love this game.
Tough choice between that, Pokémon Silver (preferred it to red) and the subsequent remake, or Red Dead Redemption.

Fun times spent in Blood Gulch/Sidewinder, fun spent raising an epic team, and fun being a cowboy. And getting surprisingly emotionally invested in John Marsten's tale...

zagadan7191

Nov 22, 2009
Ha Ha! Very funny guys you can stop joking now. Its been scientifically proven by scientists that FFVII is the best game ever. And I'm no fanboy, but seriously I will kick you in the nose if you insult it... I'LL KILL YOU, I'LL KILL OF YOU MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I'd give an slightly older title, like Legend of Mana, but I don't think I enjoy it much anymore. The same goes with Morrowind, which was my favorite game and I put hundreds of hours on it. Right now, my favorite game would have to be two, actually, Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2; the story and gameplay on that is amazing, at least to me, and it's just fun. I don't think that I've ever liked a game more.

I think that's actually tied with the Mortal Kombat series.

purplegothchick

Mar 19, 2009
Okami on PS2, hands down! Had a look at the case when I saw it on sale in HMV back in 2006 and thought it looked interesting so I got it. Didn't expect it to be brilliant but it just blew me away :D
I now have a special place in my heart for all things Okami related, especially Issun <3

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Hmm... its a toss up between Morrowind and Mount & Blade Warband.

One is for the unique world. The other is for the combat. Really wish I could hybridize them.

captainaweshum

May 1, 2010
FranBunnyFFXII said:
captainaweshum said:
Majora's Mask or Mass Effect 2.

MM for the atmosphere.

ME2 because it was the first game that made me really care about the characters, for no other reason than the characters themselves.
OMFG another Majors Mask Lover?
I thoguht i was the only one on earth.
Srsly Majoras mask>all zelda combined.
Yup, MM is the best Zelda Game of all time.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Red Alert. Seriously, one of the best RTS games of all time. Plus it was so freaking hard that it actually felt like an accomplishment when you beat it. Seriously, the computer cheated, and that's part of what made it fun. It's the game that got me in to games. RA2 is a close tie for me, but since the original is what got me in to all of this I have to go with it.

As for other types of games, well, I had some extremely fun times playing Halo PC with my friends (me and buddy would play CTF games of 2 vs 8 and 95% of the time would come out on top, with 300+ kills each and less than 50 deaths. That and the other guys in the {SE} clan made for one freaking awesome game), and I have to say that Morrowind is probably the best RPG of all time. Ocarina of Time is definitely up there though, as is Goldeneye 64 and a few others.

Daveeo

Feb 5, 2011
The legend of zelda ocarina of time. Altought im having quite the problem choosing between majoras mask and the ocarina of time.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Zarule6 said:
What do you think is your favorite game of all time?
Xenogears.

If I had several billion dollars sitting around, I would fund the making of Episodes 4 and 6. And possibly a remake of Episode 5 with the second disk fleshed out as it was originally intended.