What is your favorite game of all time?

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I'm sorry to break it to you OP, but your favourite game has the most illogical name ever.

OT: I really don't know.

Deathfyre

Mar 6, 2010
Fluffles said:
"your"

Anyway... probably HL2. It's a masterpiece. Also the first single player FPS I actually liked.
*you're.

My favourite game changes every few weeks... But one that I always end up enjoying is Total Annihilation. First game I ever played that didn't limit how many units you could select at the same time. About to get ambushed, but want to go down doing damage? ctrl+A and you've selected everything you have, go to their base and do some damage they'll remember you for

redrefugee

Dec 8, 2010
OoT

I was gutted when I completed it, I could have played for another 80 hours, easy. When Child Links peers through the window to look at Zelda, I welled up a little, knowing that Link has saved the planet but has to live through his childhood watching the world fall apart under Ganondorfs rule before his past/future (?) self is awaken from his slumber to save the world.

Majora's Mask, Final Fantasy VII, Secret of Mana, Mario 3, and X-Com would also be near the top of my list.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Solo-Wing said:
Final Fantasy IX
I like Shadow of the Colossus too, but... FF IX takes the cake for me.

Magical story, unforgettable characters, amazing environments, simple but enjoyable battle system, best Chocobo mini-game in the series and tons of atmospheric tunes by grandmaster Nobuo Uematsu himself.

redrefugee

Dec 8, 2010
HerbertTheHamster said:
Ufo: Enemy Unknown

Even the horribly failed sequel is good because it follows the same formula.
I love X-Com. I have never played another turn based strategy that was so atmospheric. I just wish I was good at it...

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Fallout any of the series aside from Tactics and BOS.

Of those, 3 is probably my favorite, but NV is pretty awesome as well.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
Saints Row 2 or Katamari Damacy. Both entertain the hell for me, ad both have a cult following.

zorts

Mar 21, 2011
The game that has stuck with me the longest is Dungeon Keeper II. I break that out once a year and play it. It was such an innovative RTS, it really did things that other RTS games did not do.

I have yet to play Dungeons, but it look really disappointing. Minecraft actually fills in for DK rather well. And I do love me some Minecraft.

R4ptur3

Feb 21, 2010
Shock and Awe said:
Halo: Combat Evolved, I will never try to make the argument that Halo:CE is the best game ever, because it isn't. That being said, it is truly my favorite for both technical and subjective reasons. First off, it is one of the best games ever made. Its firefights were amazing, the story was and still is epic, and the music was like a fine meal for my ears. It also innovated the genre like no other game before. It created the mechanics for control still used by almost every console shooter to date, it created the two weapon system, and was the first to use recharging health. It was also the first shooter I ever played and was the game that really made me a gamer, so I can't not love this game.
This. Even the fact that it was the first proper shooter i ever played. It got me into PC gaming, and i thought the multiplayer was just amazing, along with the community, in which most of the people were nice. it did so many things well, and i just loved it.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
Deathfyre said:
Fluffles said:
"your"

Anyway... probably HL2. It's a masterpiece. Also the first single player FPS I actually liked.
*you're.
His last sentence actually used that.

"What is you're favourite game?"
Hence why I wrote that there.

Twilight.falls

Jun 7, 2010
Probably Super Mario Galaxy 2. The scenery is awesome and very creative. The gameplay is solid and generally a great challenge. The music is superb and I get chills listening to some of the songs (Oh, Gusty Garden).

It's the perfect game.

L4WLI3T

Dec 29, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and all sequels from that series... Yes even you Apollo Justice

I mean how could anyone hate this guy?

Me. And I agree, the PW:AA games rock ,I did trade them in though, after ten playthroughs each.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
L4WLI3T said:
The Wykydtron said:
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney and all sequels from that series... Yes even you Apollo Justice

I mean how could anyone hate this guy?

Me. And I agree, the PW:AA games rock ,I did trade them in though, after ten playthroughs each.
Sorry did you say something i'm too busy watching the awesome air guitar XD

Apollo Justice wasn't that bad really, it's just... Misunderstood

[sub]Wait so you don't play as Phoenix, and he's been disbarred?! Prep the rage lazers Stephen[/sub]