What is your favorite gaming related collectible or piece of swag? - CHAT WITH THE STAFF!

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I just noticed how I have no memorabilia. That's probably because I never pre-order or get special editions.

EDIT: I do have my Sonic Plushie I got when I was like 6. When you squeezed his stomach he used to say "SSSSSEEGAAA!" Now he say "SSSHHHHPPPPFFFFFFFS!" He's also lost his arm a couple of times and had to get it sewn back on.

postzit

Apr 15, 2009
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/images/stars_items/zelda_statue_big_en.png

seemed cool never could get it though

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
levelone said:
Lunar 1 & lunar 2 box sets (with player guide and PUNCHING gannon PUPPET yes I still have it. and I will post the picture in another thread about "what is the geeky-est object you own AND can show us in a picture?"
definatly have to second that, also the castlevania 20th aniversery box with cool stuff I got for preordering portrait of ruin, my fallout 3 lunch box, my R-type figher (came with rtype command) and my big daddy figure. Tho I do love the art books and sound tracks some games include, Im looking at you atlus.

Ruzzian Roulette

Dec 23, 2008
My Resident Evil:Code Veronica T-shirt, or my Vault-Tec bobblehead.

Non-Video Game, my Big Lebowski bowling ball DVD case, it's the tits.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I gotta go old-school and say my Digivices. You remember those sweet black-and-white graphics? No? Then go back to the 90's and GET ONE.

Fear the 90's... FEAR THEM!

My favorite was the black second generation one that had semi-clear plastic. It was just so badass... and you could collect all the old digimon, along with the new ones. Pity that the final boss was still completely unbeatable unless you attached the thing to a jackhammer though.

deathofthedead

Mar 24, 2009
When Psychonauts came out, my local EB gave me a promo pamphlet, like an advertisement for Camp Whispering Rock (the summer camp where the game takes place). On the back was an order form, it said the first 75 people that sent it in would get something special. I figured 'what the heck' and sent it.
About a month later I had totally forgotten the entire thing, when I get a package in the mail from Double Fine. Inside I found a Psychonauts-branded plasma lamp (you know, it's got electricity inside a glass ball, and when you touch it the electricity goes to your finger? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_lamp ) It can also be sound-activated. It's incredibly awesome, but just knowing that I've got one of 75 makes it even more special.

Cairo

Mar 11, 2009
I have an adorable servbot toy from when I pre-ordered Megaman Legends 2. It has that Charlie Brown expression of confusion and I love the little bugger so much.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I just have some art books, a GTA SA bandanna I got for placing a pre-order and the Master Chief figure I have sat posing on the shelf over my PC pointing his pistol.

Nothing too special really.

lane.e.c

Feb 27, 2009
well i have to say it would be this fecking awsome game holder shaped like marios hat.
here is a link https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/Mario+Nintendo+DS+Game+Rack/10510.do
it was kind of hard to get it

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
lane.e.c said:
well i have to say it would be this fecking awsome game holder shaped like marios hat.
here is a link https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/Mario+Nintendo+DS+Game+Rack/10510.do
it was kind of hard to get it
That is nice, but 600 points! ahhh fuck that.

danosaurus

Mar 11, 2008
scumofsociety said:
I've only got one, it's the soundtrack from an old PC game called Interstate '76, not really a collectible, but it's gaming related and it's not a game. I Never played the game but the soundtrack is awesome...in fact I think I'm going to listen to it now. Funk out!
Hah! I remember that game!
It was a sorta vehicle combat game, pretty good for its time.

Never heard the soundtrack though cos my mate downloaded a ripped copy minus the soundtrack. Was definitely a funky game though :)

Sir Pysco Sexy

Nov 14, 2008
My parents got me a small Banjo-Kazooie plush toy when I was a kid. Still have it, love it :)
I'm too poor to start collecting anything that would make even the most hardened fanboy remotely begin to drool at the mouth. Someday though. Someday.

Lopunny

Apr 15, 2009
This is a bit silly...but you know Dragon Quest? I have a large plastic "slime" monster a friend got me from Japan, i love it ^^

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
Lopunny said:
This is a bit silly...but you know Dragon Quest? I have a large plastic "slime" monster a friend got me from Japan, i love it ^^
That's pretty cool.

Jumping_Over_Fences

Apr 15, 2009
I love my Monsieur-Bome KOS-MOS action figure from Xenosaga.

I used to have a bunch of crappy swag that we were supposed to give away with games when I worked at Gamestop. I had tons of lanyards at one time.

Oh yeah, also my kick ass Nintento collared shirt that says player on the back. Thank you Nintendo, they sent that to my store a few months before the Wii came out.