What is your favorite Nintendo system of all time?

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
The Gamecube without a doubt. I found it to have the best line of games and had some pretty awesome graphics. Also the controller is one of my personal favourite designs for controllers (comfortable on the hands and easy for flexibility)

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
GameBoy Advanced because it's the only Nintendo system I've ever really used.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
Unfortunately, I kind of "missed out" on Nintendo consoles apart from the handhelds (all of which were Nintendo; GB, GBP, GBC, GBA SP), so I'd never got the chance to play the NES, SNES or N64. I used to play the GC and Wii at my friend's house, but we've drifted apart and stuff.

So I guess my favourite Nintendo system is the Game Boy Advance SP, probably the console that I play the most now and then and that I've had for the longest time without breaking. Also, backwards compatibility for Game Boy and Game Boy Colour games is pure win. And I actually got to experience SNES games like Super Mario World and the Donkey Kong Country series on a little portable that I could stop at any time, put in my pocket, and then just whip it out to play again.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Virtual Boy.

No, but seriously it's the GameCube. It was my first Nintendo console as I had a PS1 back in the 32 bit era, and I instantly fell in love with it. It was brilliant and it's very underrated. Happy memories :D

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
SNES without a doubt. So many fond memories of playing great games like Zelda, SF2 Turbo, Super Metroid, Super mario World and many more classics.
The reason I still own a GBA SP is so I can play those games today.

Rack

Jan 18, 2008
The DS. The hardware was ridiculous, less so than the 3DS or Virtual Boy but still pretty ridiculous. On the other hand there's Advance Wars, Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Meteos, Ghost Trick, Layton, Trauma Center, Clash of Heroes...

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Sewa_Yunga said:
Nintendo 64

This console pretty much made my childhood since I was six years old when it was released.

awesome captcha: roast beef
Ya know, between Mario 64, Kirby 64 and Star Fox 64, I'm going to have to agree with this right here.

Specially Kirby 64, god, if a developer came out with a Kirby game with that power system in it again, INSTA-BUY.

Admirable Mention goes to the Wii, if they actually came out with games for it instead of the demo shovelware that they did and launched with the Wii Motion Plus right away it would have been even better than now.

thibaut95

Feb 8, 2011
gameboy color ... i still cry when i think about the time I played pokémon blue with my squirtle

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
I was initially going to say the game cube cause it was my childhood console but I've switched to the Wii. Because it lets me relive my childhood games while enjoying new ones. Plus I think it has the best online store of any of the consoles.

Rupes

Mar 8, 2012
Man, I own every single Nintendo system ever created, and I love them all a big huggy bunch, but still willingly go back and play my SNES and N64 for funsies.

so I'm gonna have to go with those two, they're an incomparable tie for me.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
The Wii. Why? Because it's backwards compatible with the Gamecube (my favorite system) and you can download awesome games from every prior Nintendo console. Except Virtual Boy. Sure, there are some games I really want to play that aren't there (Earthbound and the Bomberman 64 games), but basically having every console at once is really good. Plus, it has its own great games as well.

Also, I've been enjoying the 3DS greatly. There are some really great downloadable titles like Dillion's Rolling Western and Might Switch Force and Pushmo. And I'm really looking forward to Kid Icarus Uprising. And like the Wii, it has access to the full DS library.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I used the GameCube the most.
Had my best memories from the N64
but I think I'll have to say the wii because I have my most recent most fun gaming experiences from it.

Jun 5, 2010
GAMECUBE SUCKA'S! Endless hours of fun with Kirby:Air ride, super Mario sunshine (my favourite Mario game), Legend of Zelda: The wind waker (my favourite Zelda title) and not to mention SSB: melee!

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Limecake said:
SNES hands down. There are so many incredibly awesome games for that system I don't know how I could pick anything else. Earthbound, Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, Super Mario World etc.
Quoted for motherfucking truth and I'm adding Chrono Trigger to that list. That game was freaking awesome.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Has to be the N64.

I still have it set up on my TV along with my most memorable games.

Super Mario 64, Star Fox, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye, Mario party 1/2, Silicon Vally...

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
Gamecube, just for the fact I could change the dinky little faceplate on top to whatever I wanted. And Smash Bro's Melee.

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
SNES and Gamecube.
oh the hours I wasted on super smash brothers and various zelda titles.... XD