What is your favorite Oasis song ?

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Talk tonight, Merry Xmas Everyone, Or half the world away.

All of which i can play AND sing. Go me.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Insanum said:
Talk tonight, Merry Xmas Everyone, Or half the world away.

All of which i can play AND sing. Go me.
You must now prove it! Go ahead, I'm waiting.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
The Importance Of Being Idle is the only song I'd really like.

I could listen to their stuff without wanting to turn it off but I wouldn't say I liked them.

Jory

Dec 16, 2009
Seriously there are people here who haven't HEARD OF Oasis?

Are they pretty unknown across the pond in the US or something?

I'm not a huge fan to be honest. She's Electric is decent though

Mr Orange

Jun 15, 2008
Don't Look Back In Anger, hands down. Or Whatever, that song is ace.

Then Cast No Shadow, Cigarettes and Alcohol and then the west of (What's The Story?) Moring Glory - immense album.

Quoth

Aug 28, 2008
Champagne Supernova, Half the world away or Songbird are my favourites.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
fluffybacon said:
None. Oasis is terrible.
I find them really annoying too. Although Live Forever and Champagne Supernova are wonderful tracks. LONG LIVE BLUR! *waits for the hate*

Garaw

Sep 22, 2009
My favorite Oasis song would be the anguished screams of the Gallagher brothers as they are cemented into a frozen lake in the bowels of Hell, with infernal crows tearing at their eye sockets.

This would be recorded via EVP over a copy of 'Yakety Sax' that is still audible in the background.

Tranka Verrane

Jul 21, 2008
The answer to the earlier question is yes, Oasis are pretty much as unknown in the US as Bush is here. They went to the states for a tour in the mid 90s, decided they hated it and each other (which is pretty much par for the course), and have never made any real promotional effort over there since.

Finally they have split and Noel can start producing some good solo material without his obnoxious tit of a brother weighing him down.

Oh and OT: Acquiesce.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Ha ha ha ha! Favorite Oasis song they ask, oh ho ho! As all know, the only correct answer, even if you have a favorite song by Oasis, is to categorically deny you have anything but extreme loathing for them, because this question is just a trick to get you to admit you actually like something by Oasis.

And you may as well tell everyone you love the Spice Girls as do that, ha ha!

Garaw said:
My favorite Oasis song would be the anguished screams of the Gallagher brothers as they are cemented into a frozen lake in the bowels of Hell, with infernal crows tearing at their eye sockets.

This would be recorded via EVP over a copy of 'Yakety Sax' that is still audible in the background.
Shouldn't that be eyesockets and entrails? Or maybe the lake should be made of acid?