What is your favorite TV show currently on the air?

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
I'm not really sure what my absolute favorite would be but it would be between:

Game Of Thrones: Pure awesomeness all around. It has some of my most favorite and hated characters in any medium. If you can watch this show without hating Joffrey or loving Tyrion, you are probably not human. Seriously, Joffrey is probably my most hated character out of anything EVER!

Community: Probably has the best one liners of any sitcom I've ever seen. It is also smarter than average comedy and doesn't use a laugh track. It also shows that Chevy Chase has some good acting left in him.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Doctor Who

And now that I think about Sherlock's getting there as well

Mayhaps

Mar 8, 2012
They aren't on the air, but they're not cancelled and their next seasons are on their way.
My favorites are Fresh Meat and Alphas

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
If I said what my favorite current show is it would just result in a shitstorm around here. So I won't say it.
Nope.
Not gonna say it.
Trust me, things get ugly around here when it's brought up.
Now stop bothering me.
Seriously, stop bothering me!
Fine I'll tell you. Just don't flip your shit:
Oh come on, you saw this coming a mile away.

To be perfectly honest, I really have no idea what shows are on anymore. When I'm not watching *that* show, I usually stick to reruns of the classics (M*A*S*H, Mary Tyler Moore, The Dick van Dyke Show, The Honeymooners, etc.).

Mister Eff

Apr 11, 2009
Current favourite drama is: Breaking Bad. This show is just unbeatable. Shame on all of you above for not mentioning this show.

Comedy: Community (sixseasonsandamovie) and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Both amazingly hilarious shows in completely different ways.

Gerishnakov

Jun 15, 2010
I'd have to see it's a three-way contest between Mad Men (which I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned yet), True Blood (yes, I'm a Trubie), and the newcomer Game of Thrones, which I only started watching earlier this month, but now I'm hooked!

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Mayhaps said:
They aren't on the air, but they're not cancelled and their next seasons are on their way.
My favorites are Fresh Meat and Alphas
Sweet, they're doing a 2nd season of Fresh Meat!!

OT: The Big Bang Theory, HIMYM, New Girl, Game of Thrones + One Tree Hill It's gone downhill from season 4 though really. Don't judge me.
On Hiatus: Merlin, Sherlock

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
the darknees abyss said:
doctor who ues to be good but mat smith made it shit
Matt Smith made it shit? Doctor Who hasn't been good since Jon Pertwee was in it. God I feel old.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Currently on the air is way too subjective.

Game Of Thrones & True Blood from the most recent that I've watched.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Close race for me between Mad Men and Game of Thrones - I guess I would give it to Mad Men because it's engaging based on brilliant writing alone, whereas Game of Thrones has the setting and me being a fan of the novels (well, until ADwD, which hurt the series a bit) to help.

Honorable mention goes to Castle (although this season had the first double-episode I simply couldn't watch all the way through because it was just too cartoonish, unrealistic and cheesy) and How I Met Your Mother.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
There are only a handful of shows that I watch.

Young Justice Watched cartoons since I was a kid, I don;t see any need to stop that. Also, creator of Gargoyles is involved in it, so that a plus for me.

Ultimate Spider-man Very self referential, very 4th wall breaking. Set in the actual Marvel Universe and not in one of those Spiderman centric ones.

Leverage I love the show. Thieves using their thieving skills to sting corrupt millionaires.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Wakikifudge said:
Game Of Thrones: Pure awesomeness all around. It has some of my most favorite and hated characters in any medium. If you can watch this show without hating Joffrey or loving Tyrion, you are probably not human. Seriously, Joffrey is probably my most hated character out of anything EVER!
that is my first one, by far. fucking love that show.

second i am waiting for dexter to be aired again. watched all 6 seasons in a month and a half recently, it is brilliant.

also have been getting into an american horror story, which is pretty interesting. weird, but interesting

edit: oooh, also about to start watching the walking dead season 2. last one was pretty good, wanna see if they can build on it

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
Mad Men. I am absolutely in love with that show! Amazingly acted, astoundingly atmospheric, and filled with slow-burning tension and intrigue. I think it's absolutely sublime.

I also like How I Met Your Mother when I'm looking for something a little more casual/lighthearted.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
Person of Interest, White Collar, Revenge, Castle, Game of Thrones (favorite show last year... have all four current episodes recorded, but unwatched), Once Upon a Time, and Grimm. Oh, and Endgame from Hulu+.

This has been a pretty good year for TV around here.