What is your favorite TV show of all time?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
What is your favorite TV show of all time?
And what is your favorite TV show currently airing?

I would have to go with Stargate SG-1. I have had the most fun watching that.

The most recent awesome series would be House M.D. and I don't even normally like hospital dramas. But House has been canceled. So, my current favorite is The Big Bang Theory. It's a very fun little show.

MOD EDIT: Please remember to include an "explanation of the reasoning that informs your opinion" to not violate our Low Content rules. Thanks. -ChristopherRobin

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Jericho, which was a short-lived TV show a few years ago. More correctly, the first season of Jericho, because after that, it was rushed and didn't get to explore anything of value (for fear of getting cancelled without a conclusion).

sinsfire

Nov 17, 2009
The first few seasons of Warehouse 13 were excellent, it is sort of falling off now. Also really loved Eureka.

Favorite ever... probably Babylon 5

Wackymon

Jul 22, 2011
Doctor Who, currently. I remember loving spongebob when I was... 5-10ish. Still, now that I have seen it, Doctor Who is the best TV show I've seen.

Supertegwyn

Oct 7, 2010
I would say either Stargate SG-1 or Stargate Atlantis.

But I like so many, it's hard to say an absolute favorite.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
TV shows encompass a lot... so... (not including anime, here)

Panel game - QI
Satire - Yes, Minister/Yes, Prime Minister
Comedy - Scrubs
Police procedural - Castle
Sci-fi - FlashForward (right up until it got freakin' cancelled)
Mini-series - UltraViolet

And I'd add that BBC 1995 adaptation of... a certain book, but it's just too shameful!

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Game of Thrones is the best show to exist in the history of best shows. Even though objectively many shows are better... let me tell you why Game of Thrones is the best.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
It will always be Dragonball. It was my favorite show as a kid and it introduced me to anime. Going back and watching it years later, it still holds up.

[sub][sub][sub]inb4 MLP, Batman the animated series, and Animiniacts.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Currently airing, probably Community. Or Game Of Thrones, or The Thick Of It. If I watch more of it, if it keeps up the level of quality it has been (I've only watched 3 or 4 episodes) and people say it does, Breaking Bad'll be up there as well.

No longer airing, House M.D, Arrested Development (there's apparently going to be a fourth season so this may technically be currently airing), Scrubs, Blackadder, A Bit Of Fry and Laurie, Father Ted, Only Fools and Horses, Porridge...there really is too much for me to list, and I couldn't pick a favourite.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Going to have to go with Sherlock. Damn, I love that series so much. Being a big fan of Doyle's original work, I really dig the contemporary interpretation of it. And Cumberbatch and Freeman are just utterly fantastic in their roles.

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
If not for it being a great show, then for sentimental value. It inspired me to continue my career as an animator and it's turning out well so far, Dod knows where I would be now without the show.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Favorite of all time? Hmmm, my avatar sums it up. Blackadder Goes Forth is one of the best comedy series ever made.

As for other greats? Deep Space Nine hands down for science fiction, HBO's Rome for historical drama, and I can't think of anything else that really had an impact on me. Most of the time I just really enjoy watching particular shows.

Enjoyment comes and goes in phases; major excitement when the show is on, and then forgetting most of it once it's off. Only those three mentioned above have stayed constant.

L0dest0ne

Sep 24, 2012
Probably The Daily Show. Not only is it well written and funny, it also comes on four times a week! It's hasn't been living up to it's usual standards lately, though.
Also Breaking Bad. Great show. Do watch.

mrjoe94

Sep 28, 2009
I don't watch a lot of TV but I recently watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel on Netflix and liked those quite a lot...I'll go with Angel for now, like I said not a TV fan really.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
House has held that mantle for a while now with me. However, Game of Thrones and, more recently, The Newsroom threaten to depose it.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My all-time favorite TV show is The Simpsons. Even without the nostalgia glasses, the old episodes are still funny (even if some references are dated as all Hell). I like the current episodes too.

My favorite TV show that's on right now is Venture Brothers. I love the mass parody of Hannah Barbera adventure cartoons and, comic characters/settings/set-pieces.

Thoff09

Jun 12, 2010
How the hell has no one said firefly yet? Other than that Community is awesome, as well as SG-1.