What is your favourite anime?

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I can't put any in an order, but I really love Ergo Proxy, Monster, the first few seasons of Bleach, Cowboy Bebop, Cromartie High School, Paranoia Agent, and FMA: Brotherhood.

Movies are Studio Ghibli and Paprika. xD

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
MammothBlade said:
Black Lagoon, in a class of its own
Agreed.
Also I enjoy Ghost In The Shell : Stand Alone Complex (The series). The movies are great. But the series is a fun ride.

unreal51

Nov 13, 2011
It would have to be a toss up between Angel Beats and Gurren Lagann but since everyone has recommended Gurren Lagann I think I'll go for angel beats though Gintama comes in at a close third

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
FLCL is my all time favorite.

Runner ups are Fullmetal Alchemist, Hellsing Ultimate, and Spirited Away

Not too bit into anime really though. I tend to watch an episode or two of something then move onto another if I'm not instantly grabbed by it.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
Just shows?
Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, Elfen Lied and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Favorite? Hmm...

Not sure I could name a favorite series. I feel kind of silly for this one, but Kiki's Delivery Service is my favorite anime film.

emenar

Oct 23, 2009
I would have said Gurren Lagan was my favourite, but then I watched Sword Art Online this weekend. Ahhhhh I loved it so much!

Also loved Neon Genesis Evangelion, Death Note, Fairy Tail (ongoing), Bleach and Soul Eater

TecnoMonkey

Jul 2, 2012
Familiar of Zero. The first anime that I've seen from start to finish and what got me into anime. I have to say that it's kind of average quality for an anime though, Death Note and Clannad are much better shows, with the latter being the best anime I've watched, but if it wasn't for FoZ I wouldn't even consider watching them in the first place.

It's just a shame that many people don't like it, I mean I can understand some of their reasons but still...

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
1) Steins;Gate - Time travelling anime about a 'mad scientist' - well informed, and the contrast in tone of the anime throughout it is great.

2) Cowboy Bebop - I don't feel like it needs to be described - freaking cool mc and soundtrack

3) Trigun - Sci-Fi Western about a man's philosophy getting tested to its limits - really good character development and transactions

4) Gurenn Lagann/Needless - Ridiculous mecha anime about a human rebellion/ clone of 'Jesus' fighting another clone of 'Jesus'- Gurenn is just hysterical, the fighting is over the top, the characters (KAMINA) are so cool although they are formulaic and I love the theme's of masculinity that run through it/ I believe the show to be facade of anime cliches (I may be giving them too much credit) its just hilarious everything about it, the fights are awesome although the dub is awful.

5) Hajime no Ippo - Boxing Anime about the ultimate underdog - Really cool fights that seem more human since they're based off boxing, one of my favorite shonens

I do like read a lot of manga though in contrast with anime, my favorites of that are Full Metal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakoshiro, Beserk, Beelzebub

Also I dunno where I should add Hellsing Ultimate and One Piece as they are both really good too.

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
sextus the crazy said:
At the moment, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
It's the only anime which I've bought stuff other than dvds from.

Smogger said:
I know this has nothing to do with anime, but your Canas avatar if pretty cool.
Yeah, I can't afford to buy the Madoka DVDs WAY too much money. I want to, but paying over $200 for a 12 episode series is just not justifiable.

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
Steins;Gate is my favorite anime of all time. There are a lot of amazing anime out there, every genre has its gems, but for me personally, Steins;Gate is in a league of its own.

It's just tailored to my tastes. The characters, plot and setting, it's like it was made for me. A very down to earth sci-fi thriller about time travel.

TizzytheTormentor said:
I like Fairy Tail, One Piece, Beelzebub and such, although I mostly read the manga for those.

I love Durarara!! and I got Baccano on DVD and I am borrowing my sisters Gurren Lagann DVDs and she wants me to watch Steins Gate, I really want to watch them, but work (which is thankfully ending this week) and assignments (just have to keep on top of them) has kept me from watching them, I might start next week if I am lucky.
Yes! Yet another one to share the glory with! You have fine taste my friend :D

gritch

Tastes like Science!
Feb 21, 2011
Fappy said:
gritch said:
Steins;Gate - Okabe is awesome. Every time I have to put on a lab coat (I'm a Chemistry major so that's fairly often) I have to repress an urge to laugh manically.
At least you don't ramble about the organization every time you put a cell phone to your ear!
Not yet but I'm fairly certain my consumption of Dr. Pepper has increased considerably after watching the series. Some good product placement there... Now if you'll excuse me I got the sudden urge to order some Pizza Hut after seeing your avatar.

SnakeCL

Apr 8, 2008
Ghost in the Shell: SAC is probably my favorite. FMA: Brotherhood is probably right up there as well.

AsurasEyes

Sep 12, 2012
Personally: Code Geass is the greatest anime I've ever watched. The first season had a relatively grounded in reality story with a bit of mysticism, the main character is basically a villain but is portrayed as an actual human who is unafraid to do terrible things. You know, like how real villains think.

Also, great writing despite translation and some great suspense. The second season of the show...I think the writers were stunned by how popular the show was and slackened slightly in their efforts. The flying Knightmare Frames were once a rarity and it was explained that it was incredibly hard to get a hold of them and deploy them, but by the second season almost all of the fights take on the unreal anime quality of doing insane amounts of collateral damage and introducing more and more powerful enemies that somewhat break it's tone. That being said, the second season has a few of the most traumatic and powerful scenes in the entire series, so it still gets my recommendation.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Overall I'd probably say FMA: Brotherhood or .Hack//Sign, but Fairy Tail while fairly typical Shounen has some really good parts to it, love the characters.

fluffybunny937

Jul 5, 2009
I like One Piece. I think Bleach is okay, but the filler arcs really hurt it. The Dragon Balls are classics, I mean come on everyone is familiar with.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Nichijou as of now. It's just so god damn intense.

I mean, look at this shit.

Wasn't that amazing? Don't you want to go watch it RIGHT NOW?

If you would have asked me what my favorite anime is before I watched Nichijou, I would have said Durarara!!, FLCL, Gurren Lagann, K-On!, or Naruto. I can't choose just one. :/

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
MorganL4 said:
sextus the crazy said:
At the moment, Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
It's the only anime which I've bought stuff other than dvds from.

Smogger said:
I know this has nothing to do with anime, but your Canas avatar if pretty cool.
Yeah, I can't afford to buy the Madoka DVDs WAY too much money. I want to, but paying over $200 for a 12 episode series is just not justifiable.
It's only 90$ for the full series of DVDs only (Still way too much, but...).
The Limited Editions with BR/DVD/Soundtrack/other stuff is over $200. still don't regret buying it.

Apr 8, 2010
sextus the crazy said:
It's only 90$ for the full series of DVDs only (Still way too much, but...).
The Limited Editions with BR/DVD/Soundtrack/other stuff is over $200. still don't regret buying it.
MorganL4 said:
Uhhh that's really fascinating. I always thought they'd only rip you off properly on the German releases (Examples include: Death Note 140 Euros, Cowboy Bebop 80 Euros or Code Geass 160 Euros - from amazon and on DVD mind you). Hence if I intend to get me some DVDs I usually order from amazon.co.uk, which I also did in the case of PMMM. They currently sell the whole series on Blu-Ray for just 25 pounds [http://www.amazon.co.uk/Puella-Madoka-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B008MJRO6O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1357770438&sr=8-2]. And from what I can tell it's not region locked, though you'd do well in rechecking that....