What is Your Favourite Band?

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
Led Zeppelin for life. I was born a few decades late, but I still love the music.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Metallica, Firewind, Killswitch Engage, Saxon and The Sword are my 5 favourite. I cant decide between those though.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Dream Theater, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, with a tie on number one.
with a tie on number two are: Anathema, Katatonia, SOAD.
i could go on but by the time im ready the trees in my yard will have grown out of vision

JBarracudaL

Nov 15, 2008
4fromK said:
!=???? do you mean =/= perhaps?
you do make a valid point, however, its easy enough to justify that I was referring to the technique of screaming during the songs. genres are fairly convuluted as it is, so correcting somebody for something so ambigous, is borderline troll. but yeah, no offence taken. I suppose some would say I'm trolling by replying like this as well :/
Music genres/sub genres are fairly easy to comprehend if you bother to research them.
All of them are clearly defined, the only ambiguous element of them are the people who do not know what they mean that mislabel bands/artists.

jake09050

May 14, 2008
Pearl Jam rules! But, to back it up their songs have consistency and meaning and i love eddie vedder's baritone voice.

RavingLibDem

Dec 20, 2008
duuude, probably far too many, but mostly, the list would consist of -

Little Man Tate
Bromheads Jacket
Gogol Bordello
K'naan
Great Big Sea
Eric Clapton
Franz Ferdinand
The Fratellis
Maximo Park
Millburn
Mitch Benn
Pigeon Detectives

lol, and there's more, but those are my favourite bands that I always return to

Fizzlewinks

Feb 4, 2009
henrebotha said:
Fizzlewinks said:
Radiohead. Thom Yorke is a lyrical genius. Every song Radiohead has made is unique. I will admit that RH's songs are often depressing but in a beautiful way. Not that "Oh noes my mommy never hugged me now I'mma cut myself" way. I'd have to say The Bends and Hail to the Theif albums are my favorite. Pablo Honey? Let's just try to forget that one, shall we?
You don't know how happy it makes me to hear that other people think Pablo Honey is shit. :D

Yorke is a great songwriter. And you will eventually learn that art rarely comes from a positive place; even art with a positive message is borne of the need to counteract some negative message. So of course Radiohead will make depressing music... How To Disappear Completely is music to kill yourself to.

But then they also just make badass songs like I Might Be Wrong. :D
Yeah out of all the bands I like Yorke is by far the best song writer. He's created so many beautiful songs. Bulletproof...I Wish I Was will always be one of my favorites.

Hell yes I Might Be Wrong, awesome song. That and Myxomatosis!

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Fizzlewinks said:
henrebotha said:
Fizzlewinks said:
Radiohead. Thom Yorke is a lyrical genius. Every song Radiohead has made is unique. I will admit that RH's songs are often depressing but in a beautiful way. Not that "Oh noes my mommy never hugged me now I'mma cut myself" way. I'd have to say The Bends and Hail to the Theif albums are my favorite. Pablo Honey? Let's just try to forget that one, shall we?
You don't know how happy it makes me to hear that other people think Pablo Honey is shit. :D

Yorke is a great songwriter. And you will eventually learn that art rarely comes from a positive place; even art with a positive message is borne of the need to counteract some negative message. So of course Radiohead will make depressing music... How To Disappear Completely is music to kill yourself to.

But then they also just make badass songs like I Might Be Wrong. :D
Yeah out of all the bands I like Yorke is by far the best song writer. He's created so many beautiful songs. Bulletproof...I Wish I Was will always be one of my favorites.

Hell yes I Might Be Wrong, awesome song. That and Myxomatosis!
Oh. What a weird coincidence. And double post. Sorry.

sandell123

Mar 21, 2009
honestly, i don't really have one :(

but my favourite genre is deathcore so i like bands like that

BentNeatly

Aug 25, 2008
This thread has been done a hundred times. I must be...

That said...

^*^*^*^*RUSH!^*^*^*^*^
LES CLAYPOOL!
R.E.M.!
BOARDS OF CANADA!
OCTOPUS PROJECT!
RODRIGO!!!!! Y!!!!! GABRIELLE!!!!!

Hazaa!