What is your favourite dog breed fellow escapists?

B2kCyclops

Apr 28, 2010
I was just out on a walk with my dog, when the question popped into my head.

My favourite (pure)breeds are Rottweilers and Kuvasz.

Why?
Because of their intelligence, their high tolerance towards other dogs and children and their abillity to make good decisions on their own.
Both breeds are absolutely loyal, protect their pack/family and territory with passion and if real danger is ahead, they act accordingly.
That all of course if they are properly raised and educated.
Otherwise...

The downside is that both breeds are known to be very stubborn.
But that is a price to pay for such independent and intelligent breeds.

So, what is your favourite breed?
Or maybe a mix?

[small]EDIT:[/small]
I have a mutt lady named " Lucy":
[small]EDIT2:[/small]

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Yeah Rottweilers are a great companion! Been in my family since I've been born believe it or not. Blue Heelers and Alsatian are also great too.

Which is why I guess is another reason why I liked Dogmeat.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Pit Bulls.

Loving-est dogs on the planet. They get such a bad rep.

I've known a couple dozen of them over the years. Out of those, I would consider two to fit their undeserved stereotype.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I'm a cat person, myself. I haven't really had much exposure to different dog breeds, though I do find corgis and dachshunds to be pretty cute.

Then again, lasa apsos just look so cuddly. They're like the dog equivalent to birmans.

B2kCyclops

Apr 28, 2010
unoleian said:
Pit Bulls.

Loving-est dogs on the planet. They get such a bad rep.

I've known a couple dozen of them over the years. Out of those, I would consider two to fit their undeserved stereotype.
That's true.
I have met many Pit Bulls and only a few of them were agressive.
But if you take 100 dogs of any breed, you will find some nasty ones.

And towards people who breed/train dogs for dogfights, I have not the nicest feelings...

knumpify

Feb 15, 2008
boxers and english bulldogs. anything that looks like they took a big dog and smacked it's face into a brick wall. it's cute somehow...

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Hard to say.
Labs, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Huskys, and Pugs are my favorites.
But i cant choose one favorite....its just too hard.

RAMBO22

Jul 7, 2009
Golden retrievers. They're adorable, loving, friendly, energetic, however, anyone that has a dog knows that too much energy can be a bad thing, and with goldens that's sometimes the case. Also, I don't know if this is a general-breed characteristic of goldens or just specific in mine but they don't follow directions or orders very well either, but generally speaking, they're fantastic dogs!

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'm really more of a 'cat' person myself but if I had to pick a favourite it would be Pugs and Huskies. I just think they are cute.

|Ookami

Jul 3, 2010
Golden retrievers! Because I have one, and she's wonderful. They're quite intelligent. I also like beagles, black labs, and dachshunds, all types of doges friends of mine have had. Shiba inus, huskies, and king charles cavalier spaniels seem adorable, but I've no experience with them.

But regardless, I prefer cats.