What is Your Favourite Song that is Over Fifteen Minutes Long?

Danz D Man

Jun 26, 2008
2112 is one of my favorites, yay for similar tasters OP :)

Also, "In the Presence of Enemies" by Dream Theater is very good. And Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. And A Change of Seasons. haha

Vhite

Aug 17, 2009
I dont know any over 15 minutes long but longest good song I know is:
I know longer ones but this one is actually good.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtxf1GRDoQ4

This. I'm not a fan of most music other than atmospheric/instrumental/really clever or generally good sounding songs.

KingOfRoll

Dec 16, 2009
Clocking in at 34:53, my favorite long song would have to be A Plague of Butterflies, by Swallow the Sun. Other good long ones are Twilight of the Gods - Bathory (though it's technically three songs) and The Dead Flag Blues, by Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Helloween - The Keepers Trilogy. It was released on their unarmed album its at around 17 minutes long so the tube link is in two parts

But the song itself is actually a cut down and a different take on three of their longest songs, the first one Halloween is 13 minutes long, the second one which is Keeper of the Seven Keys is 13 minutes long and the first one which is King for a Thousand Years is close to 14 minutes long. So in total around 30 minutes of awesome.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Mornelithe said:
George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue
Mozart - Requiem Masse
Ralph Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a Theme
Franz List - Faust
Richard Wanger - Tristan and Isolde (Prelude and Liebestod)
Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring
Charlie Parker - What is this thing called Love
(Actually there's a ton of Jazz music that goes well past 15 minutes, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, Gerry Mulligan, Miles Davis, Art Tatum, John Coltrane)

Several full length (60-90 minutes) mixes by Timecode (Moving Shadows), LTJ Bukem, DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist (Product Placement, Brainfreeze sessions).

Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd both have seriously long versions of some songs. Atom Heart Mother, Astronomy Domine, Echoes, Whole lotta Love, Dazed and Confused, to name a few.
How could you ninja everything that I could ever think of to post here, not just the artists but even the songs........Are you me from another dimention?

Ot: My favourite though *Looks above to check again* Is the trio of Blue train, a love supreme and Afro blue by John Coltrane ahh Jazz. But Rhapsody in blue is an ever please for me too.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
I have a dance mix that's an hour long, consisting of over 300 songs. That would be my favorite, since it's my only one.

MONSTERheart

Aug 17, 2009
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part 1) by Pink Floyd is 13:31
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Part 2) by Pink Floyd is 12:23

Even though they're separated on the album, can I just consider them as one song?

Chrono180

Dec 8, 2007
Pretty much anything by Dream Theater, especially Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence.

Oh and Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull.

Rama

Jan 13, 2010
7 said:
Thick As A Brick by Jethro Tull
43 minutes, 45 seconds.
Great album. Ever listen to Genesis?

My favorite would have to be Supper's Ready off their Foxtrot album. It's essentially seven short songs all packaged together in a classical-style suite that clocks in at around 23 minutes. Seeing it live is something to behold, tell ya.

Mornelithe said:
George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue
Mozart - Requiem Masse
Ralph Vaughan Williams - Fantasia on a Theme
Franz List - Faust
Richard Wanger - Tristan and Isolde (Prelude and Liebestod)
Stravinsky - The Rite of Spring
Charlie Parker - What is this thing called Love
I see you and raise you a bunch of Tchaikovsky! His Violin Concerto is good, as is the overture to Romeo & Juliet.

cavekeeper

Apr 16, 2009
Myn would have to be a change of seasons by dream theater (sorry about double post, video didnt embed)

i cant do It! how do i put videos?

BeeRye

Mar 4, 2009
The Sky Moves Sideways by Porcupine Tree (around 34 minutes) or Anesthetize also by Porcupine Tree (around 18 minutes).