What is Your Favourite Sound Effect From Any Game?

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
The bio sound effect from Final Fantasy IV. It has to be the original one that was on the SNES release as Final Fantasy II.

Sep 14, 2009
Ordinaryundone said:
The headshot noise from Gears of War.

SOOOOOO satisfying. Also the Cha-ching XP gain noise from Fallout 3/New Vegas.
very true on these, i love gears of war =]

OT: probably either the xbox "bloop!" achievement sound or

"do a barrel roll!"

(it count's as a sound bit dammit!)

Skulltaker101

Jul 20, 2010
arrapippol said:
The hooting owl in Age of Empires II... and, if these count, all the voice commands... "Ooh, Aah, all hail, king of the losers! hahahaha" (9, 7, 8, 11)
50 points for remembering Age of Empires II...it's been so long. :D

OT: As for me, it's got to be the amazing noise of groaning metal when you fight the human reaper in Mass Effect 2. Followed closely by the beeping noise of guided missiles in the same game.

That said, the best noise in any video game I've ever played is the voice of this magnificent villain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXHn8-TxdGU

Audemas

Aug 12, 2008
Codec beep from Metal Gear Solid series, I love it so much I've had it as my notification tone on my phone for the past six years.

Ryuo

Dec 5, 2009
This one is technically a speech bit, but idc.
In Jagged Alliance 2, when an enemy dude gets a kill or does some spectacular damage to your characters, or your militia, they sometimes say "all right". Without hearing the voice they used for this particular phrase it losses some punch.

I second the M1 Garand clip ejection.

FO:NV is the best place to hear said sound. I sometimes wander the wastes changing ammo for my M1 (or This Machine in FO) just to hear the noise.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
The headshot noise from Resident Evil 4. There is nothing more satisfying than blowing the shit out of someone's skull with a shotgun.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
The sound of a Heavy Microwave Laser. That is a freaking WMD,all on it's own. And both units associated with it are engines of destruction,with proper management.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
I have to say the BOINK! sound from Command and Conquer - Renegade. Whenever you got a kill you'd get that triumphant BOINK!

columbianbacon

Dec 6, 2009
The alarmed sound that appears whenever a guard sees you in Metal Gear Solid. Perfect 'Oh fcuk' noise ever.

Followed closely by Mordecai's snicker in Borderlands whenever you get a crit, sums up my feelings exactly when popping skulls from half a kilometer away.

EDIT: Suck at the spelling

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
The chest opening sound in Zelda games.. Da da DA DAAAAAAAAA!! You found a Deku nut! *sigh*