What is your "guilty pleasure" music?

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
TerribleAssassin said:

And in all seriousness Katy Perry.

She's got catchy songs. And she's attractive.

Extremely attractive.
You are not alone my friend...you are not alone...

Of course I also listen to Evanescence, Within Temptation, Paramore, and Nickelback and apparently those are bad... /shrug

Nobody has tried to beat me up over it. Possibly because all my friends know I could kick their asses if they tried.

nsqared

Nov 1, 2011
Katy Perry/LMFAO. Everyone thinks they're stupid... but no, I secretly love them.
Tee HEE!!

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:

THIS SONG IS STILL IN MY HEAD. AND I'M SINGING ALONG.
Dang, ninja'd. Yeah, I like this one as well. When, in any situation, people tell me "Be honest." I always reply with "Okay, I'll be honest. I actually like "All I want for Christmas is you" with Mariah Carey."

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Blink182.

I mean, when I was 14 I LOVED them, my favourite band of all time!

However now I realise how poppy and sort of, teen-girl-american they are...but who cares, no one has to know how much I still listen to them! :)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I have plenty of guilty pleasure movies and games, but when it comes to music I'm all class.

... Funny.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010

Also, as someone born in 1994 I still occasionally listen to the Backstreet Boys.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Nickelback is probably the biggest example for me, but I do also like a little LMFAO once in a while.

Also, check the custom title.

<youtube=nsdj9NRzqC4>

achilleas.k

Apr 11, 2009
This thread topic caught my eye because I was thinking about guilty pleasure songs today.
The reason I was thinking about it was because I was listening to Alex Band's song "Tonight" all day and made a whole Grooveshark radio station off it (my day was full of these kinds of songs).

I heard it a couple of days ago for the first time and recognised the vocals from "Wherever you will go".
So yeah, totally generic song but the dude's vocals always get me.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
FamoFunk said:
Pretty much anything by Nicki Minaj. She's my lesbian crush and I kinda (really) enjoy her songs.

*Runs away into the distance*
same here.... and I geniunly enjoy some of her songs aside from the "hahaha your crazy" apeal

[sub/] I might have also bought her album..[/sub]

also Linkin parks new album..excpet thats not guily because I actually enjoyed it...I REALLY dont see what was so awful about it

Busdriver580

Dec 22, 2009
I actually own Avenged Sevenfold albums, at this point I only really listen for nostalgia's sake, but they stand out as being the most melodramatic angsty thing in my collection by far, and it's a bit embarrassing.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I have no guilty pleasure songs because I've gotten over feeling guilty for listening to a song but I can sometimes feel sort of embarrassed according to an audience. But that's racial since my korean peers would be surprised and 'disappointed' that I hardly listen to any korean music.

Durgiun

Dec 25, 2008
Bad Religion. A few of their songs are just cringe-worthy, and I kind of like them. But still think their partially crap.

Chocomint

Jul 12, 2009
Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Paramore, even (oh god) Britney Spears.

I only liked 1-2 of their more catchy songs, otherwise I generally find them boring.

dragonsshunter

Dec 22, 2011
typically ill listen to Black metal, electronic, and of course Bowie, my guilty pleasure however is Lady Gaga.

Mar 30, 2010
I have no guilty pleasures as such - I like what I like and be damned to anyone who thinks the worse of me for it, but if by what you mean is which music is so far out of my usual tastes that it would surprise my friends to know I listened to it, it would be Birdy:

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I feel pretty odd amongst the Internet for liking Nickelback's breakthrough album Silver Side Up and the one after after it. I will freely admit they're total rubbish now though.
Oh and a friend and I agree on this:

I still have no idea why.

Also the drums are surprisingly interesting for a pop song. According to a lesson a drum magazine did of it, it includes a double bass pedal fill.