What is your "guilty pleasure" music?

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
I hate European bubblegum dance. It's terrible beyond words and may actually be the worst thing to happen to music.

That being said...I do kinda like Toy Box.

Can't explain why. It's indistinguishable from the rest of the dross that it shares shelf space with at the record store and I'd never go so far as to call myself a fan.

But I do find them intoxicatingly listenable.

MaCaulay

Jan 18, 2012
I recently started listening to 'Girl Talk', 'Selena Gomez' an 8-bit band called 'Anamanaguchi' and of ourse who doesnt like a bit of 'Mika' every so often? However even i know this sticks out a lot from the other stuff in my iPods libary which includes bands like 'My Chemical Romance', 'Fall Out Boy' and 'Mayday Parade'...

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
probably E nomine

I couldn't find any kind of official music video so I'll just throw up this one with (spanish?) subtitles
too bad they alledgedly disbanded

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
eh, my guilty pleasure is probably enjoying some reggae or orchestral occasionly. My circle of friends find that music laughable so I keep it to myself mostly. Also, It fits into no other genre ive ever wanted to listen to before but 'Komm, Suesser Tod' from the End of Evangelion soundtrack is my favorite song at the moment.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I'm still all about metal and electonica, but every now and then I'll head back to this, there's just something so damn feelgood and uplifting about it, despite the singer sounding like he was too high pitched to get into the Bee Gees.

No, Lily Allen's cover isn't ok, either.

FatalFox

Jan 18, 2012
I'm not ashamed to say it, nor am I ashamed to love it, but I think it would get a few laughs considering my usual jam of 80 rock and roll and newer industrial rock.

but goddamn I love myself some My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic tunes
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJJ94uw05KQ
also their 8-bit versions are priceless!

[also yay my first forum post on the escapist ever]

Sonicka

Jan 17, 2012
LMFAO and Justin Timberlake - they are so outside my usual sphere of listening that people tend to go into shock when they see their music on my iPod.

Oh, and my mother loved Britney Spears' early stuff, so I may or may not have a couple of her songs floating around too... '>.>

Shadowdymond

May 23, 2009
I'm generally open with my music, but it took a few weeks to admit I had this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIPOeXQ793Q&feature=channel_video_title

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
StBishop said:
teh_Canape said:
sure do
though if you think about it and keep in mind that almost everybody is now hooked on their PCs and such almost all the time, the lyrics may have a deeper meaning =P
What the fuck was that? Seriously, none of the things in the first verse (I didn't get any further than when they started saying that things which can be heard but not seen are obviously magic in the Chorus) are miracles. All of those things can be explained by science. All of them.

Jesus, I don't know anyone who would buy into that.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not having a go at you for your tastes, but that's definately worthy of the title guilty pleasure. I'm not denying I like things other people think are shit (I own and enjoy all of the Michael Bay Tranformers movies) but wow, just wow, that was an eye opener.
hey, from all the songs from them that I've heard, that's pretty much the closest they've gotten to having a message
it could be worse

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
For better or worse, I seem to be without shame for everything I like. I even delight in the few things that are bad. The irony is that despite this being a video game-oriented website with a nerdtastic community, most of you haven't heard of absolutely anything I'd cite.

Incidentally, I don't have any idea what the hell most of you are talking about, either, so I guess it balances out.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
teh_Canape said:
StBishop said:
teh_Canape said:
sure do
though if you think about it and keep in mind that almost everybody is now hooked on their PCs and such almost all the time, the lyrics may have a deeper meaning =P
What the fuck was that? Seriously, none of the things in the first verse (I didn't get any further than when they started saying that things which can be heard but not seen are obviously magic in the Chorus) are miracles. All of those things can be explained by science. All of them.

Jesus, I don't know anyone who would buy into that.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not having a go at you for your tastes, but that's definately worthy of the title guilty pleasure. I'm not denying I like things other people think are shit (I own and enjoy all of the Michael Bay Tranformers movies) but wow, just wow, that was an eye opener.
hey, from all the songs from them that I've heard, that's pretty much the closest they've gotten to having a message
it could be worse
When it comes to messages, this is possibly the closes ICP has ever come to serious.

I do like this song, it's got a good flow to it, and despite a few juvenile lyrics, it has a strong message of coping with a huge loss, and trying to move on with you're life.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
CrashBang said:
Brilliant avatar, man! Respect, bro etc!

OT: I honestly don't think I have any. I love punk and hardcore more than I love my mum but I do like some good pop music because it's good, like Cee Lo Green and one Coldplay album (Viva La Vida).
Thanks. Yours ain't too shabby either, sir.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Nelly Furtado is probably my guilty pleasure. Unless I'm in the mood to relive the 90's, then it'd be the Spice Girls.

I don't mention these to many people because I really have no explanation for them.

d2max

Mar 11, 2009
I totally agree with cswurt - Duane and Brand0 are hilarious (too bad they split ways)!

As someone with a degree in Music, I have to admit I feel a little guilty at pretty much all popular music out there right now, but none so guilty or good as DeadMau5.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I casually listen to the Halo soundtrack, i hate to admit it, but i do