What is your guilty pleasure?

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Everyone has one. What is yours? It may be something simple that you're embarrassed about or something WAY out there. Nothing is excluded and all (legal) things are accepted!

As for me, it would have to be... Manga and Anime. Its just so foreign to everyone in the Midwest that whenever they find out about it, they give you a strange look, say "okay..." and back away slowly. At least its more common knowledge now that i'm in collage, but back in high school there were only like 2-3 others with the same interest, and they didn't know much past what was on Adult Swim on Saturdays... :/

Also: Relevant videos are relevant. Because ideas have to come from somewhere. And that somewhere, at least for me, is usually youtube.

J3bba

Dec 7, 2010
Ricky Martin. There's just something about his music that always cheers me up.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
The O.C. I was addicted to it in high school and still watch it time to time

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
uchytjes said:
Also: Relevant videos are relevant.
Right you are, sir!

OT: Not much aside from some J and K-Pop songs which have been posted on here ad nauseum.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
I can't think of anything really... I don't feel guilty about the things I enjoy X3. Others may well think it's strange or even disgusting, but thats about them not me Oo.

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
The things that I like are actually good. If someone thinks I should feel guilty about things that I enjoy, well... fuck 'em.

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
Firstly I have to bring this up
Secondly for me Skrillex, I don't even know why. I recongnise how bad it is.

Aug 25, 2009
King of Asgaard said:
uchytjes said:
Right you are, sir!

OT: Not much aside from some J and K-Pop songs which have been posted on here ad nausium.
Didn't we do this yesterday? Like literally we had this exact thread yesterday.

Time for my default answer:

'Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.' - C.S Lewis. No arguing with him,

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
MelasZepheos said:
King of Asgaard said:
uchytjes said:
Right you are, sir!

OT: Not much aside from some J and K-Pop songs which have been posted on here ad nausium.
Didn't we do this yesterday? Like literally we had this exact thread yesterday.
We did, which is why I reposted and shortened my original post from yesterday.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
I fap to tranny hentai. Does that count?

I'm also the only one in my family who listens to Celo Green. So there's him.

dekleer

Mar 26, 2011
Dave Grohl said this great thing in an interview when asked about his guilty pleasure song. Something along the lines of "To me there´s no such thing. If you wanna go nuts to a kesha song, go ahead and do it". I´m pretty much with him on this thing, but I can´t help but feel a little ashamed blasting Feliz Navidad in July.

squidface

Jun 3, 2012
Eastenders. Good god that show can be terrible but I'm far too invested in some of my favourite characters...

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I didn't mind Dragon Ball GT.

I like the second Matrix sequel and the first two POTC sequels. Also, the newer Star Wars trilogy.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I don't really have any. I've liked things in the past which I would be embarrassed to admit now (although thankfully no one interest lasted very long), but there's nothing I currently enjoy that I'm ashamed of.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
With the current trend of WoW hating, my guilty pleasure is... WoW.
I still love it, no matter how far it's gone from the TBC (my fav era).