What is your Joie de vivre ?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
So what is that one (or several ) thing(s) that make your appreciate life? That makes your life worth living, and get's you through your day.The one thing that makes getting out of bed everyday worth while ? It could be anything from , going to work to your awsome job to your puppy to knowing you'll learn something new , anything, so what is it ?

For me it's my girlfriend, she is the only loved one i have, i don't really have friends, and i don't really do anything worthwhile, i'm slightly under average as a person( and a tab bit insane ) but knowing that i wake up next to her, makes me feel like i can take any shit life throws at me.I don't know how she endures me but thank the skies she does.

Your Turn

Entreri481

Jan 14, 2009
being positive, laughing, making those around me happy. My awesome girlfriend who is way to good for me.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Telling myself I have to or I die. This pretty much works until I reflected upon it, then I get depressed and want to die... damnit you're making me think about it.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
My friends, my music and my mind.

A bit of time with any of these makes anything better for me.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
My shotgun. I work and save up money so I can hit the shooting range and fire off a hundred shells or so, because I love the sound that thing makes. I'm single, fairly anti-social, and getting bored of video games, so I just go back to the simple things.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
That I'm doing a helluva lot better than I was a few years ago. Like, I actually have reasons to live now. Good ones, too.

woogit

Mar 16, 2011
Robots. Creating, engineering, building. All my tools that I get to use. And with it I have to say my auntie. She took me in after my mother passed away and my goal in life is to maker her proud.
Music is what makes my life amazing though. Lyrics or bass lines, something that hooks me makes me want to listen to it all the more.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Music. I've been a musician for well over half of my life and it's been the driving force for it for just as long. I'm motivated to grow. As a musician, and as a human being. I'm currently in college for music, and I couldn't be more grateful for how much better at my craft I've become after only one year, how much I've grown, and all the friends I've made.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
I dunno... I'm not happy and haven't been for a long while so I guess I'm not qualified to answer this question...

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
Well, for the most part the only thing that makes me truly appreciate life on a daily basis, and making it worth waking up each day to live is...

To be perfectly honest, the only reason I truly bother to wake up each morning is because I don't really have a choice. I just open my eyes, look around, get up, and try to occupy myself. I'm not really motivated aside from the voice of reality saying, "you can't just stay asleep."

Sure, there are a few pretty things to look at, the internet to mess with, the family to live with, but all and all, they don't really motivate me to live. I just live because...I live.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
Music and dancing.
Cars, and racing.
Good literature.
Nice talks with good friends.
Tasty food.
Pretty landscapes.

I'm a pretty appreciative guy underneath my thorny exterior, I think.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
My dog, he's so damn adorable.

I'm not super close to anyone so when I'm greeted at the door by him it makes me smile and makes my shitty day disappear.

That and music, it's a big part of me so it keeps me going a lot.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
There are still lots of people that I care about, and a few people that care about me.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Nothing.

No, seriously, I've been sitting here for a good 10 minutes and haven't been able to think of a good answer to that.

I also see no reason to kill myself either. So since life is a widely varied experience, I might as well do that because being dead is a pretty consistent experience.

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
krazykidd said:
So what is that one (or several ) thing(s) that make your appreciate life? That makes your life worth living, and get's you through your day.The one thing that makes getting out of bed everyday worth while ? It could be anything from , going to work to your awsome job to your puppy to knowing you'll learn something new , anything, so what is it ?

For me it's my girlfriend, she is the only loved one i have, i don't really have friends, and i don't really do anything worthwhile, i'm slightly under average as a person( and a tab bit insane ) but knowing that i wake up next to her, makes me feel like i can take any shit life throws at me.I don't know how she endures me but thank the skies she does.

Your Turn
girlfriend
oudoors
sky
sun
stars
moon
forest
ocean
desert
quiet
food
friends
family
some music types
conversation
science
Religeon
art
death
a nice game
a hug
a kiss
something more
a smile
a nice technique for getting something done
and people proving to me that they enjoy beauty

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
A cup of hot mocha in my right
A slipper in my right
And an Oxfordshire goth over my knee, begging for "marshter".
Because she has a leash in her mouth...
JK
It's comedy

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
tomorrow, for me life will always have its ups and downs. but the unexpected the unknown, hell even if i know what tomorrow brings, i still know something might be different. i live for now and the future... i always agreed with the doctor on this, "i'm not a big fan of re-runs." but still i enjoy them.