What is your most anticipated game of 2009?

Ramthundar

Jan 19, 2009
Definitely Bioshock 2.
First one was an awsome game, but which needed some improvement. Hopefully, they were obvious or simle enough to fix and perfect in the next game.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
Starcraft 2, Dawn of War 2, Diablo 3... I'm basically putting my hopes into Blizzard and Relic, and time has shown that they are a safe place to keep your hopes...

Ceil-Sama

Oct 29, 2008
Tied between Bioshock 2 and Mass Effect 2, the latter only because I want to know what happens next.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Dawn of War 2, Halo Wars and Final Fantasy XIII (although apparently we have to wait until 2010 for that, while Japan get it this year, smarmy bastards...). Also, I've heard a bit about Dante's Inferno (which would be good if it wasn't EA) and Ghostbusters which I'm looking forward too as well.

EmileeElectro said:
FFXIII... maybe...
It's just a shame I can't afford a PS3 and have to rely on my brothers!
Don't worry, if you have an Xbox 360 then FFXIII is coming out for that as well, you just won't be able to get the FF Versus XIII game though.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
You know, this is the one year where I'm just not anticipating anything. I'm bracing myself for complete and utter disappointment the likes of which I can't recall since 2005.

Ghostbusters and Batman: Arkham Asylum top my list if I have to name anything. Brutal Legend also, but I'm expecting all three of these games to suffer delays. In an age when Prince of Persia can get such good reviews, though? I don't know...

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Singularity. Read about it in Game Informer, it looks absolutely awesome. Too bad I don't have a console to play it on. I don't trust my PC with any more games.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I'm looking forward to Diablo III, Empire: Total War and Dragon Age: Origins. Those are the big ones.

Plus a shooter here, a shooter there.

And hopefully, an sufficient-enough announcement for Mass Effect 2.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Tekken 6 when it finally comes out.
I'm hoping Killzone 2 will be good.
After reading Indigo_Dingo's list a Kirby game would be nice. Especially since the last Kirby game we got was a racing game (although still awesome, and a game that I still enjoy).
And hopes of a new Jak game.

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
List time, just 'cause.

This isn't really in any particular order, though there are definitely some I'm more excited for than others.

I Am Alive - I don't really know a lot about this game, but the trailer looked awesome, and what little I do know about it sounds ridiculously amazing. It's about time someone made a game where you don't have to kill everyone to accomplish what you want. This game definitely looks like it's going to have much more serious overtones than most other games, which is fine by me: looking at the nitty-gritty, horrible side of human nature can definitely make for some awesome story-telling.

Brütal Legend - All you people before me forgot the umlaut! You can't forget the umlaut! It's simply not metal if you forget the umlaut!

To be honest, this game looks almost as gimmicky as it does amazing. Of course, the same could be said for Psychonauts, so don't necessarily take that as a bad thing. Jack Black doing the voice of the main character, heavy metal legends in a heavy metal world... Sounds like a blast.

inFAMOUS - This game looks like it will be so much fun it's not even funny. Open-world exploration mixed with a quasi-linear story regarding normal people with superpowers? Yes, please! (As a side note, does the concept for this game sound familiar to Heroes, or is that just me?)

Prototype - I know little to nothing about the backstory behind this game, but it basically just looks like a God of War alternative to inFAMOUS. By which, of course, I mean that it's much more focused on just killing everybody and everything in every single level, instead of having a moral focus about using your powers. Not necessarily a bad thing, of course, and it looks pretty sweet.

Batman: Arkham Asylum - It's a freaking Batman game. And not a crap one, but an actual, honest-to-goodness brilliant-looking Batman game. Semi-based off one of my favorite graphic novels of all time. With the Joker as the main villain. Too much awesome. Simply too much.

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - I absolutely adored the original F.E.A.R.. Sadly, I haven't played the expansions for it, but the original was amazing: incredible AI, some awesome physics, some of the creepiest gameplay I've experienced (if only for the shock factor), and a great story. Thus, the sequel is really high on my list.

Alpha Protocol - This game looks awesome. TPS/RPG, only in a modern-day setting instead of a futuristic one, with a skill tree that has three different paths, each which can basically be described as Jack Bauer, James Bond, or Jason Bourne. Not only that, but they tout it as having actual real-time consequences for your actions on a campaign-shattering scale. If they can actually deliver on that, it makes it sound like a contender for game of the year.

Saboteur - I don't think anyone's mentioned this, actually. Saboteur is a game where you play an Irish guy caught in Paris during the German invasion of France in WWII. Yes, I know, the WWII setting has been done to death, but this game actually looks pretty sweet: it has a very interesting color schematic, where the more heavily occupied parts of town are in a monochrome of black and white (with smatterings of red), whereas the parts with more French people than Germans are bright and colorful. That alone isn't enough to sell the game, of course, but it is enough to pique my interest.

Ghostbusters - It's the freakin' Ghostbusters, man. I am so stoked for this game, it's killing me. I was heart-broken when I heard the news that the original publisher had dropped it (and for the shite that is supposed to be the new Spyro game, no less), but was thrilled when I learned that someone else had picked it up. It will be a blast from my past like no other.

Final Fantasy XIII - Pretty obvious choice, I think. Everyone except those who despise JRPG's will be watching this.

Resident Evil 5 - Another easy choice. RE is a classic franchise, so it'll definitely be interesting to see the newest iteration.

Heavy Rain - This game, quite simply, looks amazing. Simply astounding graphics, brilliant voice work and music/audio content, and an absolutely amazing story (from what I've picked up over the months). The innovation that is going into this game looks mind-boggling, too: I'm super excited for this.

Dawn of War 2 - The original was awesome fun, so I'm really looking forward to the sequel. I mean, even if it's more of the same with a facelift, I'm okay with that, because I'm sure it'll still be just as much fun.

Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor - Another WWII game, another RTS (the second one from Relic, no less!), and another sequel. But damn if the original wasn't incredible. And the stuff they've shown from the new content sounds super intriguing. An RTS where you can control where exactly your unit fires, and not just pick a target? Finally.

God of War III - I'm not even going to explain this one, because I simply don't need to. (Though it's not even near the top of my list, just so everyone knows.)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - I am a Call of Duty junkie, and I absolutely loved Modern Warfare. It was a breath of fresh air into an established franchise, giving a brand new setting to the great gameplay and system. Having said that, I wanted so much more from the ending of it, so learning that a sequel is coming out makes me all sorts of giddy.

Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard - This game looks interesting and hilarious, if nothing else. I mean, a game where you play a video game character who knows he's a video game character, and has, in fact, "acted" in many different video games before, and is now caught in a plot where someone is actually trying to kill him? It's so confusing and convoluted it's amazing. Talk about breaking the fourth wall.

And then, on top of these, we have the rumored titles/titles without a set release date, like Half-Life 2: Episode Three, BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams, Portal 2, Mass Effect 2, and Assassin's Creed 2, to name a few.

It's gonna be a good year, folks. It's gonna be a good year.

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
asam92 said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
asam92 said:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
God of War 3
Jak 4 (if it does come out fingers crossed)
Sorry, they're doing Uncharted 2 instead, for reasons I honestly can't fathom.

I have no idea either, honestly is it so far beyond them to make 2 games at once, Ubisoft and EA etc do it all the time
Ubisoft and EA are publishers, Naughty Dog is a developer.

O yeah, I wasnt thinking lol, mind lapse

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Figgis Fiddis said:
Black Mesa Source.
That's already my game of the year for 2009. Haven't played it, but it's essentially going to be a much better version of an already incredible game.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, inFamous, Prototype, EVE Online: Apocrypha, EVE Online: Ambulation, Halo Wars, the Mythic Map Pack for Halo 3.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
buy teh haloz said:
Figgis Fiddis said:
Black Mesa Source.
That's already my game of the year for 2009. Haven't played it, but it's essentially going to be a much better version of an already incredible game.
Well, if you really must have Half Life: Citrus Bazooka.....
Haha well, aren't the episodes sorta same thing? :p