What is your motto?

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Aylaine said:
Outright Villainy said:
Aylaine said:
It happens. Quite a few people don't like me actually. :3
I find that hard to believe!

Do they also like kicking kittens and laughing at orphans or something?
Haha no, it's nothing extreme like that. Just difference in opinion. No one can be universally liked, after all. :)
Haha, I thought you were on a roll there though. :D

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
"Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness and god is empty. Just like me."

I say that everyday to myself.

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
I have a few,

Life in and of itself is impossible, yet I breathe, if an infinite amount of infinitely small things can happen over an infinite amount of time, then damn you I can fly and she can love me.

Let go? You think I don't know that I should? I'm not asking you what to do, I'm asking you how.

Love; the thing that gives us reason, the thing that gives us guidance, the thing that gives me will and most of all, it delivers you unto me if only for a little while.

Lust can live within love, love within lust, however; lust comes from love, love doesn't come from lust.

Question everything, especially authority, if they are fit to rule then they are fit to answer.

And A friend of mine always says:

'Life sucks, wear a hat'

So I did, A trilby in-fact.

Retosa

Jul 10, 2010
"What is done is done. It can not be undone. You must live with the consequences of your actions, and live through them. Accept it and move forward. Grow from it."

This is my motto, and it's a damn good one IMO.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
FOR PONY!

OT: Never really had one, I usually use ones from other sources. I can sometimes pull ones out of nowhere.
My Personal Favorite: Fuck This!!!

C117

Aug 14, 2009
A little motto I thought up myself:

"I'd rather blame myself for my failures than thank others for my success."

It means exactly what it says.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
Jim Grim said:
"Fuck it, that'll do."
That.

And my family motto...
"Not the face!"
as well as:
"If at first you don't succeed, run around, panic and shit yourself."

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
Rockchimp69 said:
SuccessAndBiscuts said:
"Everyone is an idiot, this includes you. Try and be less of an idiot than everyone else."
Everyone is an idiot relative to what?
To the established notion of how some people are "clever" and some people are "stupid". People say "oh such and such is clever/stupid" where as my life has shown me that "clever" people are capable of acts of extreme stupidity. As a result its easiest to assume everyone, including me is an idiot until they prove otherwise. Given that, what I feel I have to do in order to succeed in life is just be less of an idiot than everyone around me.

It won't save me from stupidity and being an idiot all the time, but I can at least try and be less of an idiot. Hope that clears it up.

Also this reminded me of another of my mottos/maxims or whatever you would call them.

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
What must be endured can be endured. got that one from Assassins Apprentice, book 1 of the Farseer Trilogy.

Things allways turn out for the best in the end. Ofc that doesn't mean you can sit back and wait for things to get better. You have to keep trying.

If you're going to do something, you have no reason to give it anything less than your all. I try to do my best in everything I do, no matter how trivial.

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
SuccessAndBiscuts said:
Rockchimp69 said:
SuccessAndBiscuts said:
"Everyone is an idiot, this includes you. Try and be less of an idiot than everyone else."
To the established notion of how some people are "clever" and some people are "stupid". People say "oh such and such is clever/stupid" where as my life has shown me that "clever" people are capable of acts of extreme stupidity. As a result its easiest to assume everyone, including me is an idiot until they prove otherwise. Given that, what I feel I have to do in order to succeed in life is just be less of an idiot than everyone around me.

It won't save me from stupidity and being an idiot all the time, but I can at least try and be less of an idiot. Hope that clears it up.

Also this reminded me of another of my mottos/maxims or whatever you would call them.

I think your confusing being an idiot with accidental cock ups. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Although that does clear up the issue about relativity.

SuccessAndBiscuts

Nov 9, 2009
Rockchimp69 said:
SuccessAndBiscuts said:
Rockchimp69 said:
SuccessAndBiscuts said:

I think your confusing being an idiot with accidental cock ups. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Although that does clear up the issue about relativity.
Kinda apart from the fact that most "accidents" are down to someone making a mistake, be it a missed judgement or any number of things.

I read somewhere once that 90% of car "accidents" are down to driver error. Given my experiences fixing computers for people I have always experienced problems being caused by peoples ignorance, accidents do happen but most of the time its someones (quite often mine) fault. People often blame things they don't understand for problems, be it demons blighting the crops or the computer stealing their data.

Randomness is a big factor but often it is blamed when the fault lies elsewhere. "I crashed because there was a patch of ice and the car slid out" not "I crashed because I was going to fast despite the fact I knew it was icy"