Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Evil Smurf said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Evil Smurf said:
Listening to music, drinking and unicorns.
You know that's funny.
My passion is listening to drinking unicorns making music.
Right after drinking musical unicorns.

In all honesty:
My big passion is music, even more so than videogames. In fact, way more than videogames.
Be it listening to music, discussing music or even writing my own stuff.
I really love music.
guitar wailing is God crying with joy.
Thank you for makind the following very much related:

Does anyone have a couple of hundred bucks to spare so I can get myself a new guitar featuring a Floyd-Rose, so I can make god cry?
They are in my dreams, I can pick up one cheap.
If I was to start a thread dedicated to publishing your own musical creations, would you join me in this venture?
I even recorded something already. (It's not that great, but it's something at least.)

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Storytelling.

I'd say writing, but I'm not the one doing the actual writing of our novels right now. My sister isn't working, so she's doing the writing. Just finished one after 4 months. Waiting on feedback from a few people and doign some edits, but work on number two should start soon.

We've always loved making up stories, since childhood. I guess being twins and ... only? .. child(ren)? we've always just been doing everything together. And we've always loved fantasy and have been writing stories since we were kids. I remember writing books in second grade with clever plays on words and double meanings an side-plots and such.

There's something about sitting down together and just talking out a whole story with subplots and everything and then maing it into a story. I get really excited and really happy just coming up with ideas.

So, right now, I'm the breadwinner while my sister does the dirty work of our passion. ... ... ... that came out wrong.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
Passion seems like too strong a word to describe anything I do.

I play games quite a bit, but not that much.
I watch anime, but only started recently and I own very few DVDs of the stuff.
I do chemistry at uni, but that's only because I'm naturally good at it.
I play guitar, but only at the weekends and I'm not very good despite 3 or 4 years of practice.

Those are all I can think of, guess I'm too lazy to get passionate about stuff.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Games, watching them, playing them, discussing them, even creating them.
They're my passion and my life, I just love every aspect of them.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
Elementary - Dear Watson said:
Stasisesque said:
Birdwatching.
I do this too... but down the pub! The weird thing was, it took me a little while, whilst reading your post, that you were actually talking about the feathered variety!

On a note, however, my family has always has a British bird guide in the kitchen window overlooking the garden since as long as I can remember... and we keep an eye out for new birds too... but we arn't as passionate about it due to the fact we live in the middle of a town and we have a dog! We do put feeders and nesting boxes about to hopefully see them! The most interesting one I saw was a Jay in the garden... that was pretty neat. It was damn huge!
I also now live on a military base in Buckinghamshire, and used to live in Oxfordshire and those areas are full, and I mean FULL, of Red Kites... And they are stunning birds!
Man, I haven't heard it called bird-watching in ages, I completely forgot it was even a thing. What is the bloke-gazing version of bird-watching? Cos I do that.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I used to have the biggest passion for anything creative. I was quite good at acting, singing, drawing and creative writing. I haven't done any of that in years. I tried to draw just now and it looks like a mangled shoe, I just dropped the pen and felt depressed. I got the urge to start writing again the other month too but I just have no motivation.

I suppose now I'm quite into baking/cooking. I'm no where near good enough as some people but my food always tastes nice.
Hopefully I can really get into my swimming, although I don't have the exact swimmers figure and probably never will...

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Movies. I keep an Excel list of every movie I've ever seen, complete with its original title, the director, the year of release, the country where it was made, where I saw it and did I review it? Right now the list is 2459 movies long. It's also filtered so I can check/uncheck certain parameters so I can whip out instantly a list of all the Korean movies I've seen, or all the ones I've seen that were directed by Alfred Hitchcock (32). I'm passionate about ammassing as encyclopedic a knowledge about movies as I can get. So I'm constantly going to film festivals, cinematheques, movie cycles and all that. I love it.

ChippedShoulder

Nov 10, 2010
Guitar, always guitar. At least an hour a day, most days at least two or three, not always hugely productive but always fun :D My guitars and my girlfriend are/is the most important things/person in my life :)
Captcha: bowties are cool
As are you Whovian Captcha, as are you.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Games, I guess. Designing more than playing these days. I just whipped up a card game the other day, think Tic-tac-toe crossbred with Triple Triad. I think it's pretty neat.

I've got stories I'd like to tell, either on paper or in an interactive medium, but I'm just not a very good writer. Not yet anyhow.

King Kazma

Apr 25, 2013
Well its not fashion. I'll tell you that.

Roleplaying I guess, seems to be thats what I do now in my spare time.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Calibanbutcher said:
Evil Smurf said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Evil Smurf said:
Calibanbutcher said:
Evil Smurf said:
Listening to music, drinking and unicorns.
You know that's funny.
My passion is listening to drinking unicorns making music.
Right after drinking musical unicorns.

In all honesty:
My big passion is music, even more so than videogames. In fact, way more than videogames.
Be it listening to music, discussing music or even writing my own stuff.
I really love music.
guitar wailing is God crying with joy.
Thank you for makind the following very much related:

Does anyone have a couple of hundred bucks to spare so I can get myself a new guitar featuring a Floyd-Rose, so I can make god cry?
They are in my dreams, I can pick up one cheap.
If I was to start a thread dedicated to publishing your own musical creations, would you join me in this venture?
I even recorded something already. (It's not that great, but it's something at least.)
I've no musical creations, unless you count garage band. I'd join in though.

ScrabbitRabbit

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2012
Music. Definitely music.

More specifically, I love composing music. I do a lot of writing for short films and games (student stuff, for the most part) and I absolutely love it. Interpreting the imagery through sound is such a satisfying, and sometimes very difficult, task to undertake.

I probably play games more than I actually listen to music, but composing is one of my greatest joys.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Bio-medical engineering. Things I hated like circuits or mechanics pissed me off when I was doing normal engineering but now that I'm in BME there is a purpose behind it all. My true passion though is tissue and biomaterials engineering. It may seem weird but I could look at articles on hydrogel or electrospun scaffolds for hours and not even notice.

Dark5tar1

May 2, 2013
Video Games.

Grew up playing games and still playing. I'm hoping (at least) to enter the industry and be an indie dev.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I'm a very lukewarm person, but the things that come the closest are 2D art (I've tried to teach myself on many occasions, failed each time) and music (I started learning music but lost my way, and now my bass has a thick layer of dust on it).

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
I would have to say that it is a toss-up between military history and playing music. I get very passionate when I do either of those things.

BloodyPandaGirl

Jan 11, 2013
It would have to be music, singing and games. But if I had to choose out of one of those, it would be hard but I'd go with singing. It will forever and always be my biggest passion.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
LiverpoolFC! Well that's not my passion as much as it is my life...
But yeah, LFC and then I do sports myself, mainly at the gym but I also love playing team sports when I can scratch a group together to play a game of something.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
THE MEDIA

sure. that sounds very wage and simple but i really, really love the media. when ever i watch a movie, play a video game, follow a TV show, read a book, listen to an audio drama, listen to music, look at paintings and pictures ....etc. i always try to get emotionally involved, i will always try to see the work and intentions put in to it.
i will laugh and rejoice they are whenever a story or piece of imagery which is just perfect and brilliant is presented to me. and i will go ballistic if done wrong. i will praise the writers of amazing stories and i will tell remarketers to go f*** themselves, i will honor the journalistic code and i will become morbid if i see the tmz logo.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
FallenProject said:
Lynx said:
Pole dance/pole art.
I'm very glad it brought you out of your depression, but lol. Not the first thing you associate with pole dancing.
Lol, if I had a penny for every time I heard that... well, I'd have a lot of pennies.
How about you watch this video and tell me what you think later.