What is your pc gaming set up?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
I know i will piss of elitists with my set up but i currently use a xbox 360 controller for the main controls, the mouse to navigate menus the 360 controller can not, and lastly the keyboard for secondary buttons that could not fit onto the controller but do not inhibit gameplay. What is your pc gaming set up?

hannan4mitch

Jan 19, 2010
Nuthin'
All I have is a crappy HP Mini (be noted, the older ones).
If I'm lucky, it can play some games.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I have a G15 from back in the days before Sandy Bridge when I needed to keep a close eye on my temperatures, a Sidewinder X8 wireless mouse that I find very comfortable, a Saitek Cyborg joystick (stick twist for rudder control), a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and pedals (cheap but functional) and a dual shock style controller that is almost exclusively for FIFA.

Most of the macro keys on my G15 are tied to Photoshop shortcuts like Flatten Visible Layers and other three key combos. I never use macros for gaming, but they kick arse when it comes to productivity.

Aircross

Jun 16, 2011
Hmm... I ought to get a controller for my platforming games.

Playing the last platform in Psychonauts with Mouse + Keyboard was a nightmare.

Bramman111

May 25, 2011
Custom built PC with some sort of Lenovo case, graphics processing power from here to the moon, only two gigs of ram, everything else is moderate to above average hardware-wise.
Running XP SP3 with dual monitors, and since I like to play in a window so I can tab out faster to Google things/Skype I have the taskbar on my secondary smaller monitor to my left.
My mouse is a wireless Logitech M310 and my keyboard is Microsoft media something-or-other. Primary and secondary monitors are, respectively, an Acer 1366x768 and a Dell 1024x768 (Glad they both have the same height). My mic is a GE thing on a stand... Yeah.
And I like to use shift to sprint and ctrl to crouch, r to reload, e to use, f for flashlight, q for previous weapon or holster weapon, and space for jump. M1 for primary action with held item, m2 for scope or secondary if said item does not have a scope, and if it has a scope and a secondary then I use mmb for secondary. I prefer number keys above the letters to be used for misc. or off-hand items if my weapon roster is small, but I do use them for weapon switch when it's large (e.g. Half-Life, Red Faction, etc.). Scroll wheel is always for weapon switch, tab for scores, I ALWAYS use fast-switch, and I NEVER bind use caps lock. I sometimes use alt for tertiary actions, such as movement modifiers when sniping (ALL GAMES WITH SNIPER COMBAT NEED THIS FUNCTION).

Soooo... That's pretty much it. Thanks for the time sink, thread! :D