What is your PURPOSE of life?

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
i don't *think* there is one; approaching this topic all rationally i always come to that conclusion (some friends of mine say because of this, and other reasons, that i'm a nihilist. whatever)

BUT
there are things i go for, for example helping people helping themselves; put resources (money, stuff, medical aid, whatever) where they're really needed (no beauty-surgeries for me, thanks), as well as playing computergames and watch series, stuff like that, of course ^^
i also tend to try to live rather "conservative" values/virtues, especially regarding the fair sex (and no, i don't mean stuff like putting the woman where it belongs aka the kitchen :p )

well, basically i'm trying to make it worth my while, as there aren't any naturally given goals, aims, values, whatever (which cannot stop me from living some the best i can. thus the nihilist misanthropist with virtues who acts philanthropical. yes, sometimes i feel like my head's going to blow ^^ )

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
To be able to die sometime in the future without being able to say "I wish I had done x".

Pretty simple goal I think.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
I want to do something, understand something, or discover something no other in history has ever encountered before.

Beyond that, I want to love and be loved, I want to make a positive contribution to the lives of every person that I meet.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
My purpose in life is to be with the man I love and make him the happiest he's ever been. :) And I enjoy making him happy. So I say it's a great purpose for me.

Only purpose in life is to make that life worthwhile. So that's what I plan to do. :)

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...to enjoy my life and, if possible, help other people enjoy theirs. Currently I'm doing alright... but I had some bad missteps getting here.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Life is about releasing as many endorphins as possible into your body. Seems like the reasonable thing to do to make your very temporary stay here as convenient as possible.

So for me that's eating, sleeping, fucking, listening to music, going to concerts, reading damn good books, watching good movies, learning new things, laughing, falling happily in love, not wasting my time regretting things, and lots of other stuff.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
retyopy said:
The purpose, not the meaning. What are we supposed to do with it? What is the point?

EDIT: I'm not asking for a magic, all purpose, just-get-here-and-you'll-be-fine thing, I'm asking for what you think we're supposed to do. Leave a mark, or live for fun? Change the world, or go for the thrills?

EDIT mk. 2: What you consider the purpose. YOU!
Be the best person you can be, own up to your mistakes and responsibilities. Don't take what you have for granted. Thats pretty much it. And family comes first.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
retyopy said:
The purpose, not the meaning. What are we supposed to do with it? What is the point?

EDIT: I'm not asking for a magic, all purpose, just-get-here-and-you'll-be-fine thing, I'm asking for what you think we're supposed to do. Leave a mark, or live for fun? Change the world, or go for the thrills?

Same same as all biological beings: to reproduce.

retyopy

Aug 6, 2011
walrusaurus said:
retyopy said:

Same same as all biological beings: to reproduce.
I don't really see the logic behind this. That's it? Just have sex?

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Money. As much as I can get, with currency you can get nearly anything else you want.
Money is realistic, but tough to get and it's unlikely you'll ever have a serious amount of it. I strive for it because I think once I get enough - I can do what the hell I like and be happy.

I'd be content to die knowing I have millions in the back, which in my final will, will go somewhere totally useless rather than my actual heirs. Let's see how they like old grandad then - HA!

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
I used to think the point of me being here would be to help us reproduce but seeing there's a lot of ppl taking care of that already i decided to go for the fun part. That and making some friends along the way.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Enjoy life, be happy, play Touhou, watch anime, and continue my quest to find the answers behind the universe.

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
Escape boredom for as long as possible before I end it prematurely and to tell as many of these stories and recreate as many of these worlds in my head as possible. It's hard to focus on the real world with all these fantastic realities floating around my imagination.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
My purpose? To carve out my own place in the world and help as many people as I can simply with kindness. It's my goal to spread small random acts of kindness in hopes other people will do the same. It can really make somebody's day.