What keeps you going?

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
I've vowed never to stop walking, no matter what happens.
The world could fall apart at the seams and you wouldn't find me giving up.

(Actually, I think the world falling apart at the seams would be a rather interesting experience, but you get the idea.)

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Because my very existance continues to confound and infuriate my enemies? Because there's still too much stuff I don't own? Because I have commitments to other duties? Or, in my more metaphysical moods, because the very act of living and surviving and thinking is the only real rebellion left in the world.

Roamin11

Jan 23, 2009
So I can here that next line in the aerosmith song thats more offten than not playin on my Ipod I think Il have to kill myself if I forget to charge it one night....

Hman121

Feb 26, 2009
The horrible thought that if I do nothing, I'll spend the rest of my life living with my parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDLibrarian

May 25, 2008
Sugar, caffeine, and happy pills
Somedays I just feel like Bob Fosse as portrayed in the movie All that Jazz, except with perfectly legal substances
(here's the scene in reference- just go to youtube.com and look up "all that jazz show time" it's the first link, the one with the eyeball)
A good movie, check it out.

VeX1le

Aug 26, 2008
the fact that if i die ill be sleeping all the time anyway. and pie. and games. and girls. and a bunch of other stuff

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
to be honest, Music and games, helps me escape from the world that I live in, because its stressful and sometimes depressing (guess that's normal for a 16 year old, like never getting past that "good friend" stage with girls is annoying as hell).

Also I keep on going because I have a goal in life, to make an impact on the world. and even if I just impact a few people positively, I know that I have done good. even if I end up as a "nobody" i want to be known as "that guy that is always their for you no matter what" kinda person.

TPrime

Mar 10, 2009
Curiosity keeps me waking up each morning. If not the damned alarm clock, who even likes those things?

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
my fucking alarm clock, i hate that thing

but seriously it's my love of parkour, parkour is the reason for my existence, seriously if i lose a leg or become paralyzed, I'm pulling that trigger.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
ssgt splatter said:
i'd have to say video games
It's the same with me i mainly just look forward to games

asinann said:
I'm too lazy to actually kill myself, but can't sleep all the time. Bedsores hurt.
if you were not lazy would you kill yourself ?

antipunt said:
essentially, no reason to rush death when it's coming anyway
but it's the living part that counts e.g. your life sucks

Vorocano said:
Depends on the day.
Some days, it's to live the life that I enjoy. Have new experiences, spend good times with my friends and family, go to football games, play paintball.

Some days, it's to go to my job so I can afford to do all those things above, and to keep myself fed and sheltered.

Other days, when I don't have work or plans, I get out of bed because there are other things that need doing. Or that I want to do. And that's where gaming fits in.
you pretty much summed it up

versusterminus7 said:
The hope of a better tomorrow.

And sex.

Sex does nicely for motivation.
"Sigh"

Me

well it's mainly cause of Religion since killing myself would result in hell and not killing myself would result in the internal tortue of modern day living

THANK GOD FOR GAMES !

seidlet

Mar 5, 2009
i'm enamored with new experiences. i wish i never had to sleep - life is so incredibly brief, i want to spend all the time i can with the people i love, seeing everything this passing moment has to offer.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
My boyfriend, a desire to actually graduate, and the desire to do something, though I'm not always sure what.

Grimm91

Jan 8, 2009
To learn and make my place in this world. I will not be so poor my entire life!

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
In a completely non-rhetorical, not-being-an-asshole way I'm wondering: Is it good that video games is what keeps so many of us going?

What keeps me going every day is that existence is a wonderful, beautiful thing as absurd as it is. I only have a lifetime to do things in, so I want to get up every day and do things. They don't have to be big thingsExistence also created fear and fear makes me never want to leave existence. One day I'll escape this prison, universe, one day.