What keeps you up?

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
So I've been staying up extremely late the last few weeks, sometimes until 6 AM in the morning.

There really isn't any reason for why, just my sleep schedule makes it happen now, but but orginally it was a desire to not wake my boyfriend when he's close to going to sleep and never got around to actually getting into bed :\

So, when you stay up way late past your normal bedtime, what's the main reason?

Feb 9, 2011
Usually mine is due to video recording and editing. It always takes much longer than I anticipate due to some random problem popping up.

Jan 22, 2011
Been on a bad schedule since about 6th grade. I tried chronotherapy to correct it and it worked for a while, but I slipped into my old habits.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Unfortunately, it seems what keeps me awake is trying to sleep. Eventually I'll fall asleep, but not until I've lain restless for a while.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Just because I can. My day needs to be a few hours longer so when I go to sleep when I'm sleepy I won't wake up at 3 in the afternoon

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
My sleeping pattern just gradually shifts later and later, which then becomes me going to bed early and waking early after going to bed late and waking late.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Fears and anxieties about stupid things, or imagining that I've forgotten something, or I'm going to make some mistake that will bite me and the ass.

That and watching episodes of Dexter.

Archeopterix

Jun 28, 2004
I havd complex chrinic pain syndrome. Sometimes the medicine isn't strong enough and the pain will will keep me up. Other times I've had pain that knocks me out and I sleep in the day and I'm up at night.

Light 086

Feb 10, 2011
Your avatar does ;)

Seriously though when something big is coming up, like a big interview/finals I have trouble sleeping. That or when my boyfriend goes drinking late at night.

I'm not a control freak. My dad got hit by a drunk driver and was gone for 3 days. The fucking hospital/cops didn't tell me and my family didn't know, my dad just showed up 3 days later limping in through the door.

Shuswah_Noir

Nov 20, 2009
My new medication stopped me from sleeping for close to 100 hours last weekend. And when I finally got to sleep it was for less than an hour. And I haven't had a full nights sleep in over a week now..

DenSomKastade

May 12, 2010
I used to just think about random stuff that kept me awake, now I just imagine I'm in school and I fall asleep almost immediately :)

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Either doing something and not wanting to go to sleep or being stressed over something or other.

I tend to sleep pretty normal hours imo most of the time atm.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Going to school makes me feel as though I've shaved off a few years of my life span. I'm trying to take it back by staying up. I mostly hang around on youtube nowadays.