What kind of drunk are you?

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
I've seen alcohol affect different people in different ways but I haven't encountered them all so I'll just give the most common ones.

There's your violent drunk, the kind of guy/girl who suddenly gets angry over insignificant things and tries to start a fight (verbal or physical) with someone for reasons only really known to them.

There's your depressed/sad drunk, who'll most likely end up crying on the stairs because of something which only really matters to them and they'll also likely to be comforted by their friends, so it might also be just a way to get attention.

There's your happy/stupid drunk, the kind of person who will hug strangers, dance on tables, talk bullshit for hours on end and generally be a complete embarrassment to themselves and any company they keep.

There's your loud drunk, the kind of person who suddenly has the urge to shout everything and go "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" a lot as if they think they've been possessed by a siren.

There's your sleepy drunk, the kind of person who, after a few drinks, pretty much just wonders off home and crashes on the couch for the night until they're woken up by the delightful smell of bacon.

As I said, this is far from all the "types" of drunks out there, you may be one of these, a combination of some or something completely different altogether. I decided not to make a poll of this because there's bound to be a hell of a load that I end up missing off of the list. So, what kind of drunk are you?

ChadSexington

Apr 14, 2011
There's your happy/stupid drunk, the kind of person who will hug strangers, dance on tables, talk bullshit for hours on end and generally be a complete embarrassment to themselves and any company they keep.

Hahaha that exactly.

gewata

Mar 21, 2009
k-ossuburb said:
There's your sleepy drunk, the kind of person who, after a few drinks, pretty much just wonders off home and crashes on the couch for the night until they're woken up by the delightful smell of bacon.
That's me, unfortunately.
Does mean I never get hung over through.

Captcha: relusin Scott

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010

The very happy, very social kind.

Normally i'm pretty quiet and introverted, but give me some booze and i'm suddenly up and singing. Kinda like Raj from Big Bang Theory just that i handle alcohol better.

Esper Empress

May 10, 2011
I'm not old enough to drink, but I know my brother is the happy/stupid drunk and my dad is a sentimental drunk, where he just loves everyone and is the nicest man ever. Luckily they don't drink often, so I don't get to see it on a regular basis, but it's pretty funny when they do

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
Couldn't help but notice that all of your drunk types were negative in some way. Methinks you've got some issues with drinking to work out.

On Topic: Happy and/or sentimental and/or philosophical and/or philandering drunk.

Strong red wine makes me want to cuddle.

Baileys/mixed hot drinks make me want to converse.

Shots either make me happy or horny.

Beer makes me philosophical/talkative and/or horny.

I like alcohol's talkative properties. Sometimes, they're a bit much though.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'm a very flirty drunk. More than once I've woken up with no memory of the previous night but with my boyfriend pisses off at me because I made some very obvious passes at someone we were out with. It's quickly forgotten but when I have a few too many I can't seem to stop myself.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
The chatty drunk. After one too many I cannot stop talking, unfortunately by that time most of what I am saying is barely logical, or just complete rubbish.

live2laugh

Dec 10, 2009
Probably the happy loud and sleepy drunk. I just chat to more people, slightly louder than usual, and have a fun time though if I sit down for prelonged periods of time I tend to fall asleep. Unfortunaly I'm also the type of person/ drunk that will consider every dare that is proposed to me and most likely do it, it's not great trait but it can be funny sometimes,

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Whatever mood I am in before amplified.

E.g. If I am happy I will become a laugh fuelled happy drunk. If I am down then I get teary and angry as fuck

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
The intelligent drunk. Mind you, that does not mean I actually am more intelligent, or that I know anything more than usual, but I act as such. Usually making philosophical or other bullshit statements in a lower tone of voice and (not quite, but still) absolutely failing at using a vocabulary of a wider range.

Crazy_Dude

Nov 3, 2010
Dont drink alcohol that often but I am usually the sleepy drunk. Given I am drunk enough I will just fall asleep on the couch the second I come home.

FortheLegion

Dec 16, 2008
I'm normally quiet and annoyed with people but then when I drink enough suddenly everyone is a good friend. I become very out going any carefree.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Depends on what/how much I drink really

If I stick to beer then I tend to be a quiet happy drunk

If I mix beer and shots then I tend to be a louder happy drunk

If I drink wine then I tend to be a sleepy drunk

If I drink whiskey I tend to become a more aggressive confrontational drunk which is why I don't drink whiskey any more

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I'm just me, but slightly more chatty and less articulate. My mood doesn't change, and I wouldn't suddenly do something outrageous that I would never do while sober (like start a conversation with someone I don't already know). My motor skills just suffer. And I need to pee more often.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
This would be me. I don't stop talking and I don't even care anymore about saying things while I'm drunk. I make people laugh, especially the ones that don't wanna laugh people can fucking complain and ***** and moan all they want but in the end they'll come back. Like just the other day a sad drunk started moping in front of me and a group of people and i'd try making them laugh they smirked and then left to go outside and cry. Her boyfriend my friend said great dude, I shook it off because I don't give a fuck. Guess who was right next to me listening to another tirade just 30 minutes later.

Thats fucking right, I'm fun, i'm at a party. I'm there to have fun if your not get the fuck on. And she was a friend too.

Apr 24, 2008
Mostly just sleepy, though I do find my word-power increases dramatically for a brief period, before I get the call letting me know I'm needed in slumberland.

Duty calls.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
This is me,
ChadSexington said:

Hahaha that exactly.
This is me, although it was impossible to embarrase myself, and I was labeled a fun drunk. Ended up swapping spit with a milf 10 years older than me at the time. Be careful lol

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I dont drink enough to get drunk.
But my boyfriend is a brooding/sad/tired drunk.
When he got drunk at christmas he just sat in the corner of the room brooding all day and when I took him upstairs he was saying `You dont love me! You arent having a nice time!`.
He was pretty embarressed afterwards.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Never really been drunk (being underage and all) but sometimes when I'm with friends and I stay up really late I start to act like I'm high, according to my friends.