What Let's Play are you watching/just watched?

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
kikosika's neverwinter nights shadows of undertine and kyrandia

The Avatar never ceases to amaze me with his wit!

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
Currently watching a Final Fight Streetwise player by The Sw1tcher, although you might know them as Two Best Friends Play.

Its really good, theres always funny moments, but I feel so sorry for them having to play it
This. And pokecapn's Sonic 2006 LP. Dear lord that game sucks. I think I might be a sadist for enjoying this.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
The afformentioned Grumps

Also, Let's Plays by an actual Escapist user, MadaraXIII.
Currently watching his Portal, which he doesn't do at the fastest pace.
Once I feel confident enough I should probably watch the videoes of him playing Slender, because his screaming is hilarious.

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011
GeneralTwinkle said:
cswurt said:
The only Let's Play I'd want to watch is one where the idiot gamer who's recording it keeps his mouth shut.

No, you're not funny.
No, you're not witty.
No, we don't want to hear anything you have to say.
Unplug the mic. kthxbye
So is every single person who does a lets play automatically a fuckwit who can't make a joke?
No, no.
Only the ones who really think everyone wants to hear them.

lithiumvocals

Jun 16, 2010
cswurt said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
cswurt said:
The only Let's Play I'd want to watch is one where the idiot gamer who's recording it keeps his mouth shut.

No, you're not funny.
No, you're not witty.
No, we don't want to hear anything you have to say.
Unplug the mic. kthxbye
So is every single person who does a lets play automatically a fuckwit who can't make a joke?
No, no.
Only the ones who really think everyone wants to hear them.
I think that's point of talking during a let's play. So the viewers can hear them.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
I just finished watching the start of a Lets Play series being made by some friends. its fairly funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spyprW7o1nU

Its is very much in the style of Yahtzee and Gabes lets Plays in that it has people talking over/mocking/ talking about a video game that one of them just played.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I recently watched the new segment to TeamFourStar Mass Effect 3 multiplayer http://www.teamfourstar.com/page-lpepisodes .

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I've been watching Game Grumps because it's hilarious, and I recently watched an LP of Sonic Colors. I don't usually like LP's all that much but that one was actually really good.

I was planning on doing one myself sometime. Might get hammered and play a really bad game like Sonic 06 or something.

AceDefective

Mar 23, 2009
I'm currently watching Jingles' let's play of that mod Morroblivion
We have similar play styles. He's also pretty fun to watch, but mostly I just want to see what the mod is like.

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
The Mass Effect 3 season for Spoiler Warning started recently. I spent this entire summer watching their backlog, because those guys are great.

Check it out here. [http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?page_id=16386]

The first season isn't that great, but they improved pretty rapidly.

They've done a few standalone episodes, too, if you don't want to watch a whole season.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
Well since I make let's plays, I would have to say... my let's play on serious sam 3? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNGmCUmGpkE] I think its entertaining, but not informative in the slightest. Its filled with rage, and stupidity. Its fun.

Overall, I don't really like informative let's plays, which is why I watch Game Grumps. I likes my comedy commentary if i'm going to watch footage of games.

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Hmm I've never watched a lets play just to watch it. I sometimes use them when I am stuck on a game rather than just reading a guide on gamefaqs. Actions speak louder than words so it is sometimes a better way to figure out what to do when stuck.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
I love LP's, they make work go by a lot quicker during slow days.

Currently watching Spoony play the craptacular Phantasmagoria 2. I've played some awful FMV games before, some may be even worse than this one, but it still hilarious.

Anyone got any LP's they can recommend? Preferably ones on Youtube, as lots of other sites (such as LP archive) are blocked at work.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Oh man, lots.

Anything Game Grumps. They just...fucking rock.

DeceasedCrab's playthrough of the La-Mulana remake.

Multiple Tobuscus: Happy Wheels, Minecraft, Slender.

Jefmajor's DayZ and Iron Front playthroughs.

Watching LPs is kind of a thing I do a lot.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Chip and Ironicus Let's Play of The You Testament.

Game Grumps... all of it. :p

Kikoskia's LPs of XCOM.

Yep, I'm a simple man.