What made you want to join The Escapist?

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
I saw the many threads that actually made me want to reply, and when ZP reviewed The Conduit I just HAD TO make an account and post my thoughts about it. After that I became a regular member here and it has been great.

Feb 18, 2009
A sleepless night, in fact. At the time, there was a thread about how to get some sleep, and coincidentally I was having the very same problem. So I ended up joining, because I didn´t have anything else to do, except to stay awake.

Incidentally, joining in didn´t help, but here I am anyway.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I used to lurk the forums, joined up so I could argue with D_287 or whatever his name his.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
This guy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view]

I hated him so much that I joined in spite of him because he is a massive loser and I needed him to know that I hated him. Honestly, if you run into him be sure to ignore him becuase he's such a massive ugly loser

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
ZP brought me here, eventually i started lurking, and just recently i felt like joinging up.

bew11

Nov 11, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:

I hated him so much that I joined in spite of him because he is a massive loser and I needed him to know that I hated him. Honestly, if you run into him be sure to ignore him becuase he's such a massive ugly loser
which is odd seeing as how i joined in 2009, and you joined in 2008.

UnhallowedDeceit

Jan 28, 2010
I was originally introduced to the site when my roommate was watching ZP. Got addicted to various other things (LRR, ENN, Unskippable, Escape to the Movies, etc) and decided it was about time to break down and register with the sight. Now I'm lurking the forums for a good portion of the day and posting my thoughts here and there.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
bew11 said:
Pimppeter2 said:

The irony is, the link leads to the profile of who clicked it.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
bew11 said:
Pimppeter2 said:

hehe, Pimps a clever sod.

bew11

Nov 11, 2009
Sir Kemper said:
bew11 said:
Pimppeter2 said:

The irony is, the link leads to the profile of who clicked it.
funny, funny, funny

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
I started coming to Escapist for Z.P.... but then got sucked into all the other great series on here.

As for when I actually signed up? Well, yesterday, actually. I watched Doomsday Arcade, and after the glee of seeing on of my favorite games lampooned (honestly, a Neverhood reference? You guys rock!), I was finally inspired enough to sign up and make an account.

Branches

A Flawed Logical Conundrum
Oct 30, 2008
lmao. Hilarious.

Joined because I got tired of Gamespot's groups spamming message boxes. Also because Escapist is a shit ton more interesting.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
ZP was my gateway to the escapist, however, I joined because of the community. In general is much more mature than other gaming sites.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Zero Punctuation brought me here, but the news, other videos, articles and the community made me stay. :)

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I wanted to tell some moron poster that he was internet (just tracked in from outside and scrapped off of a boot) scum.

so mainly to insult people I guess.

FranzTyphid

Apr 10, 2009
Furburt said:
Yep, Zero Punctuation, boring as that sounds. Oddly enough, I really don't like Yahtzee much at all anymore.

I joined for ZP, drifted onto the forums occasionally. Not much however, I joined in May after lurking for about 5 months, and up until about late August I posted about 40 times at most. I got more and more into the forums, until about December, when I really started posting like a mad bastard.

I had 3000 posts on December 18th, when I was suspended. Yeah, I'm that sad. I post too much.
Thats my birthday:3
I joined for Zp then watched the forums for a bit then joined changed my name and suddenly got some friends on this site

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
I saw ZP on x-play so I come here to watch all the episodes and I observed that the forms are not loaded with trolls and pedophiles unlike the previous site I was a resident at, so I withdrew from said site and took up residence here. The people here tend to be surprisingly more intelligent and nicer then the people at my previous home...

Take a wild guess where I was before here...