What makes a guy attractive?

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
chadachada123 said:
Power and money.
That DEFINITELY doesn't attract me.

Good taste in clothes, good manner, doesn't burp constantly in public, generally classy, yes.

Money and power, no. Though I do have a little bit of the stereotypical "prince fetish". It has less to do with power, and more to do with seeming gentle and yet larger than life. It's a bishounen thing.

Seriously, I don't care about money, power, or even confidence. Outgoing and nice, maybe, but not necessarily confident. In fact I have like a broken puppy guy complex of some sort.

... that sounds creepy. I guess what I'm saying is I'd like to be some guy's confidence boost and be able to hug him until he feels all better. I like a guy that displays some kind of emotional weakness I can grab onto. Not someone who would be hard to deal with, but someone at least I feel like I could give a compliment to and it would mean a lot to them. Hey, who said guys shouldn't be moe?

... Yep, I'm a creep.

I guess I've always had this fantasy of finding a cute, nice, gentle, troubled guy, and hugging them forever. Even if it doesn't make sense, it sounds incredibly romantic.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Guys in suits are leg-humpingly gorgeous.
Well I suppose it depends on the guy... but an attractive guy in a will give me lady-wood. ;D
I like tall men too, I think it's really sexy when they're about a foot taller than me >_<
Personality wise, I like them to be clever. I like having intelligent conversations sometimes and using them like Google xP

Suicidejim said:
I haven't got a clue. Reading the above comments confuses me, simply because I seem to have a girlfriend who finds me attractive in spite of all the above things I lack.

Also, on another point, I have a couple of scars across my stomach from an operation I had as a kid, and for some reason my girlfriend seems to think they are incredibly sexy, and she's not the first girl to voice this opinion either. I don't suppose anyone has a clue about that one? Because I can never get a decent answer other than "They just . . . are."
Scars are pretty bad-ass. I personally wouldn't say they're sexy but someone with a few battle scars always look a bit cool. I suppose it shows you're big and tough and have the bruises to show for it. Some ladies like that, they like to know you're strong enough to defend her.
It's like me with tall men, I just feel safer with them.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
A broad frame (shoulders and chest) and a nice pair of arms usually does it for me. A bit of muscle never goes astray either, too much is a turn off though.

A good looking face always helps too. I go for strong jaws, I'm not talking about a guy with a huge chin, I just don't go for men with baby-faces.

I hate to admit it but Brad Pitt is a beautiful man. I never used to 'get' the attraction but, my God, that man has aged well.

DrgoFx said:
As I have recently found out, women have preferred tastes in appearances as well as personality, similar to guys but not exact.
That thought never occured to you before?

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I tend to lean towards tall, fair-skinned, fair-eyed lean guys. I also have a thing for facial hair, but it's not a deal-breaker. Just a bonus. However, if the personality is right - then I can move out of those perimeters.

Wereduck

Jun 17, 2010
Suicidejim said:
I haven't got a clue. Reading the above comments confuses me, simply because I seem to have a girlfriend who finds me attractive in spite of all the above things I lack.

Also, on another point, I have a couple of scars across my stomach from an operation I had as a kid, and for some reason my girlfriend seems to think they are incredibly sexy, and she's not the first girl to voice this opinion either. I don't suppose anyone has a clue about that one? Because I can never get a decent answer other than "They just . . . are."
Could these women possibly be Krogan? Krogan chicks dig scars.
I'd hate to see a thread without some mention of Mass Effect.

Seriously though - scars speak to the same DNA-ingrained issue. Up until a few centuries ago the main way a man would get a scar from a blade would be in combat. I suspect a scarred man would therefore appear to be a man who can take care of himself -at least to the biology-driven, animal part of our brains anyway.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Being kind, respectful and being able to make me laugh, that's what makes men attractive to me.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Since the OP is asking about physical traits, I guess I'll address that first. Broad shoulders are... very nice. As someone already said on here- suits are designed to flatter the male form, and thus accent the shoulders and chest. I appreciate a good suit on a man- makes him look about 100% sexier. Muscles are always nice, too. Not body-builder style muscle, but just a bit built. ...Also, yeah, if a guy has a nice ass, I'll notice. To be slightly less objectifying, having pretty eyes is very attractive. Especially when paired with strong facial features.

But I'll go for a good personality over perfect looks any day of the week.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Matthew94 said:
From what I've seen on the net (so take it with a grain of salt) the only universal thing is confidence.
It's not universal my good man, I for one would prefer someone shy to someone confident.
Maybe I'm just a perversion within my gender though?

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Look at a guy wearing suit.

Suits are designed to flatter the male form.

Most noticeable are the accentuation of the shoulders and chest.

You're damn right about that.

OT:

Women seem to love my hair.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
BluebellForest said:
Matthew94 said:
From what I've seen on the net (so take it with a grain of salt) the only universal thing is confidence.
It's not universal my good man, I for one would prefer someone shy to someone confident.
Maybe I'm just a perversion within my gender though?
Thing is, a guy who's minding their own business back there may not necessarily be shy, he may just be having a good time without the need to go around.

"Shy" is another of those words, like "confident" that people use in all kinds of contexts, and doesn't really mean anything.

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Matthew94 said:
Every time I hear shy people mentioned it's usually with a lot of disdain coupled with a few attacks against them.
Maybe it really is just me who likes shy guys then :S

Oh I crack myself up!

Returning to seriousness; I couldn't really say what I find attractive about shy/underconfident men, it could be due to believing them to be more trustworthy (eg not as likely to cheat on me) or it could be some sort of yet-undiscovered dominance complex I have, whatever it is I just find shy guys adorable.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
LiberalSquirrel said:
As someone already said on here- suits are designed to flatter the male form, and thus accent the shoulders and chest. I appreciate a good suit on a man- makes him look about 100% sexier.
Now I need to order some suits.

Looking good is expensive...

Snowbell

Apr 13, 2012
Vegosiux said:
"Shy" is another of those words, like "confident" that people use in all kinds of contexts, and doesn't really mean anything.
No, no, I'm quite certain that I mean shy;
'shy, adjective (shyer, shyest), nervous or timid in the company of other people'

Like in an anime when a girl is shown blushing in the presence of a guy she likes, I totally find that cute.
Yup, I'm definately just a perversion within my gender :|

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
Being tall. Literally the only factor in my experience. Within my friendship group you can plot a graph of height vs time spent in relationships and it comes out with an almost perfect relationship. Fuck, it's even perfect on the end of the spectrum with me being in 0 and the tallest guy being in a relationship for the past 5 years. And I'm only 21.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Oh and my personal rule of thumb: It doesn't matter how they look out in public.

What matters is how they look on Monday morning.