What Makes You Feel Old?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
The fact that teenagers are talking about how old they feel when I'm already 28.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
The fact that my birth certificate bears a Communist emblem. I was born shortly after the USSR collapsed, and the administrative parts of the system had yet to be fully overhauled.

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
Heh. I just turned 21 a couple months ago, and most of my friends cant go drinking with me...

ClassicJokester

I Love You.
Apr 16, 2010
It may seem silly, but anytime someone mentions a pokémon past #252.

It doesn't make me feel "old" (I'm not, really), but its a reminder that people are growing up with very different feelings about what "retro" and "all that old stuff" is.

Feb 9, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
Casual Shinji said:
The fact that teenagers are talking about how old they feel when I'm already 28.
This. Though I'm 23.
Well shit, now I feel my old age even more.
Opsy. Sorry! D;

I just work with a bunch of teenagers and they say things that make me shocked there is only a 5-6 year gap between us most of the time.

Mar 30, 2010
This thread. Seriously, reading about a bunch of people in their late teens/early twenties posting about how old they feel, and I'm 30.

Thanks for making my Monday morning even more depressing, guys and gals!

Squidwogdog

Jul 8, 2009
Being 17 I dont really feel I have any right to contribute, but I'm a form senior for 13 year olds, and when they talk about games (CoD or pokemon usually) i ask them if they played the originals and they said no becase they "looked crap", this is probably more to do with current generation of graphics spoiling younger gamers, it makes me sad that they judge on looks rather than gameplay.

Please for the love of god if you are aged around 13, please do not tell me your different, i get enough of that seeing comments on youtube "I'm X years old and I like this". personal pet hate, its more likeley you are trying to look hip or whatever you kids are into theses days (personally I think it looks really bad on under 18's)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
The usual stuff. You know, talking about movies, shows or music that's still fresh in your mind from when it came, and the person you're talking to has never even heard of them. Also, sometimes I honestly don't understand kids at age 14-16 - when they talk slang it's like a different language. I'm 24, dammit, I shouldn't be out of the loop already!! Christ, I'm going to be a teacher in a few years, I need to be able to communicate with my students! -.-

At least I have some good friends who are 3-6 years older than me; it's always helpful to put things in perspective.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I,m 17 and I,ll turn 18 in six month,s, I feel old because I need to shave and I,m reflecting on the years I spent in school (I,m doing my exam in a few months)

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
RaphaelsRedemption said:
Every time some junior at work remarks on the "old" mix of music playing.

I look after the cafe ipod, and I try to keep a nice mix of easy listening stuff on there.

And the Corrs are not old!
lol whos the corrs?

maybe its just me being ignorant, but im 20 and never heard of them.

for me its everytime im reminded i have a job.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
This forum. And I'm only 21. I can imagine how older people feel.

And regarding movies and music...I just tell them they never saw the classics and they have no idea what they missed. Makes them feel left out.

RaphaelsRedemption said:
Every time some junior at work remarks on the "old" mix of music playing.

I look after the cafe ipod, and I try to keep a nice mix of easy listening stuff on there.

And the Corrs are not old!
Sorry to tell you this, man, but in terms of music band life, they are. They're no Rolling Stones but 20 years or so is still longer than most bands manage.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
ClassicJokester said:
It may seem silly, but anytime someone mentions a pokémon past #252.

It doesn't make me feel "old" (I'm not, really), but its a reminder that people are growing up with very different feelings about what "retro" and "all that old stuff" is.
past the origonal 150, i dont even know so...

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
I'm not that old but i felt old when I found out that my little brothers friend didn't know who Arnold Schwarzenegger was. It was to the best of my knowledge that everyone had seen Commando. I also felt old when my own best friend said he didn't know who Nathan Fillion is. Firelfy wasn't that long ago!

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Joseph Wood said:
amucha98 said:
I'm 15, and seeing the advances made in animation films from the original Toy Story to Toy Story 3 make me feel sooo old :<
Wow you had probably only just been born when the first Toy Story came out.

I'm 25...that makes me around 10 when Toy Story came out.

The only time I feel particularly old is when I hear people younger than me complain about "kids these days"!
lol im 20 and i do that :)
they really do make u angry right? lol

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I feel old when ever I hear little kids talk about gameboys and that kind of stuff as if they are some kind of ancient relic. Also I used floppy disks up until the eighth grade (I'm 19) and I still have a bunch so all I have to do is look at them and I feel old.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Safaia said:
Point of advice, you may want to add a comment or two to that. The mods are not big on low content posts. Just trying to help you out.

OT: I feel old when people call me "sir". No idea why, but it seems that title should be reserved for people 15 years older than me (I'm 21)

Cameron Tillery

Feb 21, 2011
When I get new people in my section or shop who start asking me about all sorts of things I already know. I'm 22 and in the Marines (where there is a running joke that every year you're in ages you another 4 years,) and these guys can range from 17 and up (oldest guy I have is 27.) That 4-5 years experience I have on them makes me feel old as dirt.