What makes you feel old?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Well, I was driving to my friends place today to play some Minecraft with him I passed by my old Elementary school and spotted my nephew playing in the playground for recess. Having him in Kindergarten makes me feel older than I have any right to feel.

So Escapist, what makes you feel old?

AlAaraaf74

Dec 11, 2010
I'm a senior in high school and what makes me feel old is seeing all of the freshman who are two feet shorter than I...

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
TV shows from the early 90's that I remember watching when new episodes were airing on television are now around 20 years old.

Also I had a moment when I was a Senior in high school (this in itself was over 5 years ago) when I was talking to a Freshman who was in one of my classes, and we were talking about Super Smash Brothers Melee. He told me "Oh yeah, I remember playing that when I was in like 3rd grade." and I was thrown off because even though the time matched up (I'd first played Melee in like 7th grade or so) I was confused at first, because in my mind it didn't feel like that old of a game.

Also I go to my prime example that makes me feel old (and I take this one proudly) Pokemon. I'm proud to say that I've been with Pokemon since the start. I don't look down on people that started with a later gen or weren't even born when the games came out.

But knowing that I've been with Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Genesect and beyond, it makes me feel old, but I like it.

I used to babysit these kids next door, and they'd only played Diamond and Pearl. I had a lot of fun showing them the older games and introducing them to the classic Pokemon.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Well, I am turning thirty in two weeks or so. My age makes me feel old, I will never be in my twenties again!

Also having a two year old that I swear was still a newborn last week.

/geezer

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
The only thing that makes me feel kinda old is whenever I hit myself on the head with the frame of a door or a low chandelier or other stuff like that, though it's not really feeling old, more like feeling weird because only 4 years ago everybody still thought I was 10 [small](Though I was 17, yes I was really small)[/small] the increase in size was really sudden, though the funny thing is now that I'm 21 even though I'm tall everybody seems to think I'm 17, that being said nothing really makes me feel old but that may be because I don't really give that much importance to time.
TopazFusion said:
What makes me feel old? The fact that I've used technology that's completely foreign to "kids these days".

[sub]I can believe I just said that.[/sub]
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/*****-please-its-a-save-button.jpg
Regnes said:
How about this?

Great, now I feel older having realized I actually used the original floppy on a daily basis.
Stuff like that doesn't make me feel old either [small](I still have a lot of those diskettes, cassettes and VHS)[/small], it just makes me feel like kids these days are ignorant idiots because I never saw any of these things:
LP Discs
Edison cylinders
Betamax
Laser Discs
This computer storage perforated cards whose name I can't remember.
And a lot more archaic technologies that I can't remember right now...
But I still know they existed and what were they used to, so this kind of thing just makes me think that kids these days are just ignorant idiots, as I learned from a lot of those devices from encyclopaedias and magazines and you know kids these days have all of the knowledge in the world just a few clicks away and they still don't know what these things are, so IMO I'm not old because they weren't around to remember those things, they are stupid for not knowing.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I feel old whenever I realize I'm not a teenager anymore. I had been a teen for most of my conscious life, and now I have two decades to my name. I feel like I need a cane.

thatgeekbronnie

Sep 13, 2011
Whenever I hear a song I heard when I was a kid in a movie.

I pretty much just called the nursing home when the Muppets did Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Young kids.... That's pretty much all there is!

Well I was talking to some freinds at a dinner party, I was only a few years older than them, yet for some reason I didn't know half of the programmes they said, or I remember thinking the programmes childish... or the programmes I mentioned they hadn't heard of... And I couldn't remember most of the names, only minor details of what they were about...! It was a depressing conversation... and I ended up sitting on the backburner for the rest of that convo...!

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
I remember watching an episode of Friends when it was brand new. About a week ago I saw that same episode again. I checked when it first air: 16 fucking years ago. That made me feel old.

Regnes said:
Great, now I feel older having realized I actually used the original floppy on a daily basis.
Let's not forget that chances are kids today won't know what "hang up the phone" meant originally.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Remembering saving my homework to take to school to print out on a floppy disk.
Having my sister get ready to enter high school.
Having my brother getting ready for college.
Watching shows I saw the premiers of on Fridays on Boomerang now.
Remembering when new episodes of cartoons only came on Fridays.
Dusting off the Sega Genesis for a round of Captain America and the Avengers and Dashin' Desperados.

Oh god...I'm old.

PieceOfEden

Sep 4, 2011
I feel old when I realise he waiter who I just ordered coffee from is at least 4 years younger then me :(

Mouse One

Jan 22, 2011
Regnes said:
How about this?

Hi five! Hey, did you punch an extra notch so you could use both sides?

Well, now that I've exposed my actual age, funny thing is that the people I deal with range from early twenties to fifty or so. It's kind of the vague "yeah, we're all adults here" thing, but when the younger guys and gals start talking about their relationship problems I suddenly remember that I'm old enough to be their Dad if I'd screwed up in college.

But if I had to say what makes me actually feel old, it's like when I do something dumb like crash a bike or fall off a horse (yeah, I'm a klutz) and I feel it for days, even a week afterwards. Ten years ago, I could knock back a few ibuprophen with a beer and it was all good. Now, I have to use whisky. And it still hurts.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Seeing my youngest brother arrive at high school....then again I am only 16 so nothing makes me feel old

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
I am only 18. What makes me feel old is the fact that I have better logic and reasoning than every adult on fox news and most american politicians.