What 'mindless' games do you enjoy playing?

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
I spend a lot of the time playing RPGs with deep storylines or gameplay mechanics, spending ages getting properly immersed in them. But occasionally, sometimes I just like to sit back and play something 'mindless'. Beating demons back and forth in Devil May Cry 4's Bloody Palace mode, or button mashing my way through Dynasty/Samurai Warriors, or clicking through Torchlight.

So what are your favourite 'mindless' games that you just like to sit back and enjoy?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Torchlight for me, never thought that would ever be so 'mindless' since it's kind of like Diablo (which is the other game for me that I can just shut my mind off and play), but it's great.

Pokemon is the other one, but specifically Red/Blue since I've played those so many times I can play it on auto-pilot and still have fun.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Wet.
Don't have time to worry about the terrible voice acting, dodgy story and sub-par graphics. Too busy having fun with all the wall-jumping-constant-shooting-sword-slashing goodness.

I still really hope they make a sequel. Even though I'll probably be one of about 5 people that are interested in it.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Ultimate Ninja Team Challenges. Ryu Hayabusa with the Falcon's Talons. Usually partnered with the Momiji AI, because I don't like Rachel and Ayane's a pain in the ass fight fight with. And I like Momiji better, because she's better looking and because she fights with one of my favorite weapon types.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Rez or Child of Eden in Travel (or Safe) mode. Little more than relaxing eye-candy, and great for zoning out.

Bloedhoest

Aug 11, 2011
FreelanceButler said:
Wet.
Don't have time to worry about the terrible voice acting, dodgy story and sub-par graphics. Too busy having fun with all the wall-jumping-constant-shooting-sword-slashing goodness.

I still really hope they make a sequel. Even though I'll probably be one of about 5 people that are interested in it.
Guess I'm the second one that is willing to buy the sequel.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
Anything only my Sega Mega-collection to be honest.

That and Skate 3... just sakting everywhere without thinking to some tunes in the background. Epic chill time

Matrixbeast

Sep 18, 2010
Ehh. I'll throw in Black Ops every once in a while when I'm not up for any 'in depth' gameplay.

lobster1077

Feb 7, 2011
That Pinkamina dev. demo, falling through the floor and landing on clouds is pretty awesome. Also ponies.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Vanquish.
Sure the voice acting sucks, the story is weak and the characters are one-dimensional, but there's just something so fun about avoiding a million rockets being shot at you and then sliding towards a gigantic death machine at high speed, while barely avoiding thousands of bullets, a huge ray of death shot towards you, several melee robots, only to jump forward in slo-mo, blasting everything to bits with your assault rifle, rocket-launcher and tons of other weapons and finally just beating the shit out of the last robot with your bare fists.

And then, take off the helmet, stand in the middle of dozens of malfunctioning robots and smoke a cigarette. Like a boss.

Levethian

Nov 22, 2009
Diablo 2 Easter Sun :/

Playing that while listening to Roy Dotrice read Clash of Kings.

the.gill123

Jun 12, 2011
If I want mindless destructive fun, then I stick the cheats on for Mercenaries 1 or 2, and blow shit up with my portable airstrike launcher or nuke everything. When I want a bit of hack and slash then a bit of Dantes Inferno will do it, and a bit of mindless shooting fun, I go for Halo Reach or CODBlOps. I used to play GTA4 and drive around on the pavement, or drive over cars in a Hummer, but that fun has passed now unfortunatly.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm trying to think of a way to just say "Bulletstorm" without copping a warning for a one-word post.

Oh wait, I just did.

Andrew_Mac

Feb 20, 2011
Dead island. I've played it every day since i got it for about 3 hours (minimum) and i finished it yesterday. Now i'm just going through it again with the same character so i can have all my high level weapons to mindlessly slaughter zombies.

Please tell me i'm not the only one who finds that game incredibly fun?

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Good old Painkiller. Nothing beats mowing down monsters with an incredibly poorly balanced shotgun.