What music do you want played at your funeral?

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
i am making it a legal requirement for anybody who wants to get anything to play this song at my funeral.

seriously, i am calling a lawyer and puttng it in there

hiighway to hell! dun dun duuuh duh hiighway to hell! and im going down all the waaaaaaayyy!!!

Chaos-Spider

Dec 18, 2009
WorldCritic said:
Hm, Never gonna give you up. A final present to my family.
This would be especially funny if you had video footage with it as you would give everybody attending a posthumous rickroll.

Dan-o-mite said:
"Still Alive" from the Portal end credits.
This would sound kind of creepy, especially as they were putting you in the ground or on fire.

OT: I haven't thought about it much, but Highway to hell by ACDC is awesome. That or stairway to heaven if I was feeling optimistic about religion.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
Berethond said:
I gotta say, anyone who chooses Chick Corea deserves a great funeral in my books, and while I'd love to say I'd want Now He Sings, Now He Sobs playing at my funeral, I can't. See, I don't think I can imagine anything other than Joe Hisaishi playing at any funeral of mine. I'm not talking about any of his really sad stuff, but some of his more triumphant, charged songs. Stuff like Kids Return off of Piano Stories II.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Oh god where to start? Aiming for a FUNeral
<youtube=qqXi8WmQ_WM>
Because I am an awesome chivalrous asshole
<youtube=EaCCpcPvaDA>
Because when you die rigamortis kicks in, Just would like everyone to know whats going on in my downstairs area during the speeches.
<youtube=l9K4BKkLaCI>
Depending on if I feel like being a complete asshole to my friends and family. If I want to end on a less disturbing note, than I might put this in.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
symphony x, sacred dawn, dream theater, manowar enough said pure metal. same for my wedding too

Buffoon

Sep 21, 2008
If I died today, I'd want this:

I think it's a good summation of my life thus far, simple, emotional, generally upbeat but with a certain touch of poignancy.

If I somehow lived a magnificent and worthwhile existence, I'd want this:

I could never be worthy of this piece of music, I fear, but oh well.

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Hehe, some great suggestions. Still alive was a nice touch.

I think a lot of Queen music is fitting for funerals. Beautiful and sad music. I cant listen to it much I just get depressed, but I love it.

I think I'd like Manowar - Master of the wind to be played in my funeral. Awesome song from the first metalband that "saved" me, and with lyrics fitting a funeral.

Thirsk

Jan 18, 2009
Furburt said:
This.

Just this.

It's brilliant! It's just my favourite song to end anything with, so it stands it would be my favourite to end my life with.

Plus, it would get everyone headbanging.
This, basically. Hell, if my life was a movie, the entire score would be Electric Wizard.

Anyway, ontopic: If it shouldn't be The Wizard making the music for my funeral, I think it'd be Burzum or Summoning or some other good, atmospheric black metal band. Probably Dau&#273;i Baldrs or Jesus Død by the former or Marching Homewards or Farewell with the later, if I have to pick songs.

EDIT: Upon further contemplation, I came to realize that Nortt is perfect music for funerals. I would propably have his song Hedengangen playing