Nov 9, 2010
Snowblindblitz said:
My Wii-u
1: It's not a multimedia device
2: It doesn't charge me to use my internet
3: Once I buy a new graphics card for my PC, it will be > than PS4 or x-bone
4: Monster Hunter 3/Super smash bros/Zelda/Mario/Pikmin
5: Wii-U is funner to play with groups of 5 a la parties then the PS4 or x-bone
How is Monster Hunter on the WiiU, I tried it on PSP and hated it. Yet I have a itch to hunt stuff bigger them me after playing Farcry 3

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
BoredRolePlayer said:
Snowblindblitz said:
My Wii-u
How is Monster Hunter on the WiiU, I tried it on PSP and hated it. Yet I have a itch to hunt stuff bigger them me after playing Farcry 3
Offline, single player is highly tedious and boring.

Once you go online and find a group to get some hunting down, and start learning the mechanics of the game, it is some of the most fun I've had online since the height of WoW for myself. The monsters are bigger with more people, and working in tandem makes for an awesome co-op experience.

Plus the gamepad has a built in and easy to use mic.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
If someone put a gun to my head and told me I had to buy either a PS4 or Xbox One on release day, I would go with Xbox. Xbox has exclusives that I want to play. Sony does now. I can't think of any PS4 games I want to play that aren't also coming out for Xbox One. When Metal Gear Solid come out, I will pick up whichever console is cheaper. Until then, I will probably stick with my PC. Besides, I have a giant backlog of PS3 games that I haven't even touched

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Snowblindblitz said:
BoredRolePlayer said:
Snowblindblitz said:
My Wii-u
Offline, single player is highly tedious and boring.

Once you go online and find a group to get some hunting down, and start learning the mechanics of the game, it is some of the most fun I've had online since the height of WoW for myself. The monsters are bigger with more people, and working in tandem makes for an awesome co-op experience.

Plus the gamepad has a built in and easy to use mic.
How active is the online in that game, because your making it more and more tempting now.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
Console:pS4
Reason 1: Sony exclusives tend to be better, and more than just a load of shooters.

Reason 2: No motion controls.

Reason 3: It seems like it was built with games in mind, and all the extra crap like netflix is just a bonus.

Reason 4: It doesn't seem to be built around cloud gaming.

Reason 5: You get relatively new games with PS+, as opposed to games that have been out for five years that you get with XBL.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Console: PS4

Reason 1: Exclusives. I like PS4 exclusives more. Simple as that.
Reason 2: Price of the console.
Reason 3: Cheaper online.
Reason 4: I own PS2 and PS3 and I have been very happy with them. Sony is in my good books in that regard.
Reason 5: Fuck Microsoft.
Reason 6: No advert nonsense.
Reason 7: PS+ has alwaye been a good deal.
Reason 8: It seems to me to be the superior machine, hardware-wise.
Reason 9: No bullshit motion/voice controls that will not work in my language.
Reason 10: No Kinect.
Reason 11: More focus on games, less focus on multimedia nonsense.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Consule: PS4
1: Costs less while maintaining a better track record for functional, advanced machines. Slightly better tech than Xbox.
2: Has far more critically acclaimed story driven exclusives, such as The Last Of Us and Uncharted.
3: Far more consumer friendly. I've had far better experiences with their tech support and customer support.
4: Better consumer policies. They offer free games for PS+ members, including new titles. They've always treated me right.
5: Better Indie game support, they actually celebrate their Indie game developers, whereas Xbox tends to alienate them.

They also don't force me to connect an evil spy camera, which is always a bonus. Xbox is clearly trying to turn videogames into television, with tons of money being made from ad revenue and data on consumer interests. It's functioning marketing machine. I won't pay them for the right to have them bombard me with ads and to record my consumer practices and interests.

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
BoredRolePlayer said:
How active is the online in that game, because your making it more and more tempting now.
On weekends especially the first few lobbies are usually full and hard to get into, and I've never lacked for players.

There are Worlds, broken down into rooms, broken down into 4 player lobbies if I have right off the top of my head. And world 1-3 are usually loaded, and you can make your own rooms. Sometimes it can take a few minutes for players to find your own room, but you can always join other rooms too. I've found, that usually, when one player joins your game, others follow shortly.

Miss G.

Jun 18, 2013
Console: PS4 & WiiU

Reason 1: I almost exclusively play JRPGs and I sure as hell can't get 'em from that one company that won't be named. I've been with Nintendo and Sony from the beginning of my gaming hobby and don't see any reason to change that. Also, Apple user for all my other electronic/multi-media needs.

Reason 2: Exclusives and indie games I actually want to play.

Reason 3: Price of the consoles.

Reason 4: I hate ads.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Console: wiiU (already have it)
Reason 1: Because it's an actual game console, not a media hub. It is also not an emotion, art or testosterone box.
Reason 2: SSB Kerfuffle
Reason 3: Mario kart 8
Reason 4: Backwards Compatible
Reason 5: Zelda U
Reason 6: Bayonetta 2
Reason 7: X

Console: PS4 (Already paid off preorder)
Reason 1: Because it will have a few Sony exclusives worth playing, [small]I hope[/small].
Reason 2: It plays PS1 games
Reason 3: It's not an Xbone
Reason 4: Kingdom Hearts 3
Reason 5: Kingdom Hearts 3

HydroFire

Aug 27, 2013
Fox12 said:
1: Costs less while maintaining a better track record for functional, advanced machines. Slightly better tech than Xbox.
2: Has far more critically acclaimed story driven exclusives, such as The Last Of Us and Uncharted.
3: Far more consumer friendly. I've had far better experiences with their tech support and customer support.
4: Better consumer policies. They offer free games for PS+ members, including new titles. They've always treated me right.
5: Better Indie game support, they actually celebrate their Indie game developers, whereas Xbox tends to alienate them.

They also don't force me to connect an evil spy camera, which is always a bonus. Xbox is clearly trying to turn videogames into television, with tons of money being made from ad revenue and data on consumer interests. It's functioning marketing machine. I won't pay them for the right to have them bombard me with ads and to record my consumer practices and interests.
Well actually if you don't want to use the kinect you can turn it fully off. (Shutdown). I think the voice controls are a huge bonus.

HydroFire

Aug 27, 2013
xPixelatedx said:
Console: wiiU (already have it)
Reason 1: Because it's an actual game console, not a media hub. It is also not an emotion, art or testosterone box.
Reason 2: SSB Kerfuffle
Reason 3: Mario kart 8
Reason 4: Backwards Compatible
Reason 5: Zelda U
Reason 6: Bayonetta 2
Reason 7: X

Console: PS4 (Already paid off preorder)
Reason 1: Because it will have a few Sony exclusives worth playing, [small]I hope[/small].
Reason 2: It plays PS1 games
Reason 3: It's not an Xbone
Reason 4: Kingdom Hearts 3
Reason 5: Kingdom Hearts 3
Your third reason :/ uh isn't really backing up your argument. Like how dumb is this

reason: fuck xbox
Reason: xbox sucks.

See? I say xbox sucks and don't give a reason why

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
ps4
reason i hate the kinect and all the games it has
another one kingdom hearts 3
if the eye is part of the package its going in the trash

hutchy27

Jan 7, 2011
HydroFire said:
Pc guy hey? Well yeah, I see your point but a good pc costs a lot. Some can be more than an xbox + 5 years of xbox gold. I've tried pc gaming. I brought an $800 laptop but it runs batttlefeild at lowest settings at around 30 FPS :/
You probably should have spent that money on a desktop computer, I spent less then that and mine runs BF3 ultra 60+ fps.
Anyways back to the topic on hand.
Console: If I had to choose PS4
Reason 1:Wary of microsoft due to their previous plans for the Xbox One
Reason 2:Exclusives take my fancy
Reason 3:I know more people who are getting a PS4
Reason 4: It's also cheaper

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
HydroFire said:
Your third reason :/ uh isn't really backing up your argument. Like how dumb is this

reason: fuck xbox
Reason: xbox sucks.

See? I say xbox sucks and don't give a reason why
I have to buy either a PS4 or Xbox One to play SOME of the newer games, and I am literally getting the PS4 because it's not the Xbox; that is the reason.

But if you would like reasons for that reason, I will be happy to elaborate:
Reason 1: The first thing they did when they announced their console was show how much it wasn't a game console, [small]because games are silly apparently[/small].
Reason 2: They then announced their plans to change the way game ownership works, which was all a fiendish way to make Gamestop the only game exchange retailer left (even cancelling out eBay, etc.)
Reason 3: After the backlash, they backpedaled and said they wouldn't do those things after all.
Reason 4: After that backpedal, they backpedaled again and said they will bring us "the Future", whether we like it or not.
Reason 5: I don't respond well to threats... and even if it wasn't a threat, trust is now a huge issue between me and them.
Reason 6: Not liking gritty realism or FPSs very much, I thought the 360 had the weakest lineup of exclusives last gen (yes, even more then the wii).

If you want the Xbox One, like the kinds of games the 360 had and you honestly don't care about Microsoft's policies or what they will implement one day, then go for it dude. That's up to you, but that is definitely not for a lot of us.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
PS4

1. I like the improved controller.
2. I was strictly a 360 kind of guy, but the PS3 grew on me once I played it.
3. I despise the whole idea of the Kinnect.
4. Price.
5. Microsoft really turned me off of their system with their original policies. Despite reversing them, it's kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.
6. The PS4 seems to be centered more around gaming. The XBox is going for an all in one machine, which I don't want.

Carpenter

Jul 4, 2012
Neither.

Who decided we needed new consoles? They have yet to tell us a single thing these consoles can do for games that wasn't possible before.

Oh you can render a world and have tons of stuff going on at once? GTA has been around for a while, hell we have had that in PS2 and Xbox games.

This is just a cash grab, nothing more. If you people want to shell out the money for an overpriced console with more restrictions, be my guest, I'm not drinking the kool-aid though.

Say what you will, at least this console generation had a very clear improvement over the last. The games showcased things that were not possible before. Sandbox games with no pop up where you can leap across the city, that was new at the time.

Already people are buying into the whole "PS4 or Xboxone?" nonsense because it distracts from the real question.
Why do I need a new console at all?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
HydroFire said:
Fox12 said:

Well actually if you don't want to use the kinect you can turn it fully off. (Shutdown). I think the voice controls are a huge bonus.
If you like the connect then I could see it being a huge incentive. However, if I wanted motion controls then I'd probably get a WiiU. That said, I'm not really a big fan, so it's not enough to justify the price difference for me. Mostly it's because I didn't see a single connect game that interested me last generation, so they'll have to prove that Connect is more than just a gimmick, which they may very well do. Personally I'll stick with Steam, and further down the line I'll get a PS4.