What Nintendo Franchise would you like to see return on The Switch?

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
So this is a pretty simply question. What Nintendo franchise would you like to see them bring back for the Switch. That is to say, what Nintendo graves do you want to see robbed for your enjoyment (for example, when they brought back Luigi's Mansion and Kid Icarus for the 3DS.) My personal picks are...

Custom Robo: I loved this game on the Gamecube. Being able to build your own robots and battle them against friends was great fun. I feel like with some improvement, Custom Robo could be something really rad for the switch.

Golden Sun: One of the best turn based RPG series I have played. I would buy this in a heartbeat.

F-Zero: It has been long enough Nintendo. Give us back our super fast paced sci-fi racing game.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Star Tropics. Make it a Nintendo homage to stuff like Indiana Jones and old adventure serials. The trick is making the gameplay unique to the Nintendo catalog

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
F-Zero Grand Prix, for one. Do we really want to see the Blue Falcon rust away to nothing? (It's probably made out of some future space metal that doesn't rust, or possibly non-metallic composites that don't degrade hardly at all. But you get my point.)

And what happened to 1080 and Wave Race? Last I'd heard, Nintendo had filed a trademark in Europe for Wave Race, but that was months ago and I haven't heard anything since.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Metroid Prime. A proper one that is. Because for fuck's sake Nintendo.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Punch-Out. Sure, the regular NES-style controls were preferable to using the motion controls in Punch-Out Wii if you absolutely had to have that extra edge to win a match, but they were unique enough that I actually enjoyed using them more. Could use a wider range of boxers (even if you just bring back Mad Clown, Narcis Prince, Hoy Quarlow and Masked Muscle from the SNES game), and possibly the opportunity to play as someone other than Little Mac.

Metroid. A proper one, like everyone else has asked for.

Some kind of Kirby game.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Well, I guess all of them, in that even if I'm not invested in every Nintendo franchise, there's franchises that others are interested in, so the more, the merrier.

But confining this to personal preference, franchises I want revived are:

-Advance Wars
-Golden Sun
-Star Fox
-Metroid

The top two are self-explanatory. The bottom two are more iffy. Granted, I haven't played Zero, but not only was that a giant setting reset, scuttlebutt is that the controls are kinda crap as well. And of the four Star Fox games I've played, none of them have surpassed Star Fox 64. So, yes, I'd like a game on the Switch that at the very least, allows me to play a Star Fox game naturally. Because while I haven't played Zero, I have played Command and...bleh.

As for Metroid, it's not so much a series revival, just another 2D Metroid, since I haven't had one of those since Zero Mission, and Fusion remains my favorite. Though of course, every game I listed above bar Star Fox could just as easily be revived on the 3DS as well.

Sing

Aug 6, 2013
Metroid: I prefer the 2D ones over prime, and would love to see a new 2.5D or 2D metroid. That said, a new prime game wouldn't hurt either.

F-Zero: It was too long since the last one.

Mother 4: An old unique jrpg series that I think would do well with a new installment on the switch

Castlevania: I just love metroidvanias. The more the merrier.

Final fantasy - crystal chronicles: I really enjoyed the ones on Wii/DS

A new Donkey kong country

I know most (if not all) of these are very unlikely to be made, but hey, one can dream, right?

Paradine

Apr 2, 2016
Country
United Kingdom
StarTropics, Mike Jones hasnt had an adventure since the NES!

Metroid Prime

Animal Crossing

Kid Icarus, Loved the one on 3ds!

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Super Mario RPG

No, not Paper Mario
No, not Mario & Luigi

SUPER MARIO RPG!!!

C'mon Nintendo, you all have a good working relationship with Square Enix now, cut through that minor yellow tape and make it happen!

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd REALLY love to see some remakes like DuckTales got.

Super Star Wars (Series) HD would make my fucking YEAR.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
aozgolo said:
Super Mario RPG

No, not Paper Mario
No, not Mario & Luigi

SUPER MARIO RPG!!!

C'mon Nintendo, you all have a good working relationship with Square Enix now, cut through that minor yellow tape and make it happen!
you do realize that Paper Mario 64 was literally called Super Mario RPG 2 originally right?

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
Yoshi178 said:
aozgolo said:
Super Mario RPG

No, not Paper Mario
No, not Mario & Luigi

SUPER MARIO RPG!!!

you do realize that Paper Mario 64 was literally called Super Mario RPG 2 originally right?
Yes, just as I realize that Sticker Star is also called Paper Mario. A name means nothing if you don't have the right content, Paper Mario is substantially different in playstyle and aesthetic from Super Mario RPG.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
It's been said, but...

Metroid.

Give us a proper Samus game, damn it.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Isn't the new SpeedRacingWhatever game pretty much a FZero game?
Cetainly looks like it and is on my purchase list when I have less games to play (finish Zelda)...

As for the topic on hand.
I was going to say, and will say, a game in the Tales of Symphonia series. There has been rumours and announcements about a new one in the works, but nothing 100% sure yet as far as I know.
Many others mention Samus/Metroid so I'll jump onto that bandwagon.
Then I'd like to see a KidIcarus game more in the style of Bayonetta or DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, proper 3D action adventure game.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
aozgolo said:
Yoshi178 said:
aozgolo said:
Super Mario RPG

No, not Paper Mario
No, not Mario & Luigi

SUPER MARIO RPG!!!

Yes, just as I realize that Sticker Star is also called Paper Mario. A name means nothing if you don't have the right content, Paper Mario is substantially different in playstyle and aesthetic from Super Mario RPG.
A name means nothing if you don't have the right content
Then you must also realise that simply slapping the name "Super Mario RPG 2" on it will mean nothing as well.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Metroid. Metroid. Metroid. Did I mention Metroid yet? If not, Metroid.

Also, Advance Wars, Castlevania and F-Zero.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I was really surprised to see Blaster Master come back and you know what, it's a really damn good game! That is, I'm having a ton of fun with it at the moment so I could still be in a honeymoon period. Other than that, Metroid is the most obvious answer. I would like to see a remake of Metroid 2 that Nintendo doesn't immediately set on fire for one thing. As for other more obscure things I'd like to see a new Wave Race and while I hated the original, I think we're overdue for a new 1080...or we could just get a GOOD new snowboard game with a return of the Snowboard Kids franchise.