What novel should they make into a game?

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
Waiting for Godot.

Because I want to see if someone actually would bother to make that into a game and if it would sell. =P

Jinxd

Jul 13, 2010
i belive The Left Hand of God and its soon to be sequals would be awsome games

pakker

May 8, 2008
SirBryghtside said:
AMAZED said:
Call of cthulhu
...Dark Corners Of The Earth?
based on Shadow over Innsmouth. And really, Call would be quiet boring unless it has -alot- of character jumping, or turns into a really really good investigation game..

But to answer the question at hand, Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones) TBS/RTS would be pretty cool, could be an action rpg too... hmm...

DaedraEater

Dec 29, 2010
The series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin.

Maybe not the books exactly, but playing someone during the events of the novels would be pretty cool.

Mird

Nov 19, 2009
Nineteen Eighty-Four...somehow xD

I'd love to see a properly rendered Orwellian dystopia within a game. HL2 came close, but...not quite.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Old Man's War - Shooter
The Lost Fleet - Space Naval Warfare w/ boarding parties

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
I think they could do a lot with certain parts of the Farseer/Tawny Man trilogies (The Tawny Man trilogy was a continuation of the Farseer trilogy set around 20 years in the future). Both of them were epic books that should be recognized a lot more than they are.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Obvious answer: Mogworld
Better Answers: The world needs a new mechwarrior game. Take some of the books, and make a kick ass game with that story.

OR

Dune (prequel books/original book). Imagine an action rpg where you train to be a Fremen. Maybe instead of leveling, you just learn through actions, which skills help you survive the longest. Sometimes it might be smarter to risk a run, even though a sandworm is coming your way. Or use the run as an attack, attracting a worm to eat an enemy. The spice you carry could be used like Arkham Asylum's detective vision/Crysis's visor, showing and highlighting enemies, but only a finite amount. Having to manage your water levels, while also paying attention to exhaustion (sleep), physical strain, and hunger could be fun. Hell, if you took the first wormrider (Butlerian Jihad), you have a full story, and a building of an army element, a la AC: Brotherhood. Not to mention fighting off spice farmers.
Maybe I've put to much thought into that.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
universaltraveller said:
I was going to say 'The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch' by Philip K Dick.

Then I saw these guys;

almostgold said:
Fucking Dune. Its been done, but not well. I can totally either see a Total War set in the Dune universe (!!!) or a adventure/RPG game. Sword fights, politics, space travel, survival, sword fights, assassins, witches, laser guns, and sword fights? Hell yes.

Phlakes said:
A Mass Effect-like Dune game would be amazing.
Exactly. Let's get on this, man. The two of us can do it.
That would make one awesome game... Do it! Give me a copy! Need Music? haha.
Damn, I've been ninja'd.
Didn't even see the worm go by...

Chal

Aug 6, 2010
I personally think the Dark Tower series would make a great sandbox RPG. It could have environments like the coastal region, the various forests, the mines, the wasteland (of course!) and all the different ruins. There are plenty of bizarre creatures to fill it with, and if they set it at a point in Roland's youth, it could also include the civil war and a reason to play as another gunslinger.

I'm also seconding any and all Dune suggestions here. No matter what it is, it's Dune. Hell yes!

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Reaper195 said:
bdcjacko said:
(I know everyone is going to say HP Lovecraft books already)
Sorry, mate. But it's already been done. And rather well, too. Although if you had asked me before I played Dark Corners, I would have said that wouldn't've worked.

Maybe a relatively large, linear open world (Well, you know what I mean. You play the missions to advance to next areas, but you can still explore) game based in Stephen Kings Dark Tower universes.
You misunderstand, I added that so there wouldn't be a million call of clthutu answers.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
Any of the Elric novels...any of them. They would make amazing kick-ass games.

That and Malus Darkblade, I'd love to see a Warhammer game that isn't about frigging Space Marines.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Tokaido Road might make for an interesting game.
That or something like Shogun.
Can you tell I want a good samurai themed game? >.>

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
I don't really think a book-to-game translation would work well considering they can't even do it well movie-to-game or game-to-movie, but if I had to choose, I'd say the Artemis Fowl books should have a game. I'd play it, probably.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Deadpool
a third person sandbox/fighting/shooter

hey you said book, didn't say it couldn't be a comic book.
man think of that crazy multiplayer where everyone had swords, guns, and a healing factor.