What old game would you love to have a HD update of.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
I'll take the entire Legacy of Kain series, please. Revamped graphics and everything. NOW.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Homeworld. It was beautiful at the time and still doesn't look too bad, but I'd love to see it with some graphical polish. Might spark some more attention for the game as well.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
BarbaricGoose said:
XCOM. Oh wait, they're doing that!

Jagged Alliance.
They're doing that too.

Me? Age of Empires - and not a "we're making an Muhmorepuhguh" version.

Madcat75

May 7, 2010
omicron1 said:
BarbaricGoose said:

Jagged Alliance.
They're doing that too.

X-com is being released as an FPS.

There is a new Jagged Alliance out but it is not even close to being as good as the the first two.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
A Jak and Daxter HD update for the xbox 360 though I would prefer a sequel to Jak 3 I don't think its going to happen for at least a while.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Timesplitters, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Warcraft 3, Megaman Legends, Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire 1, 2 ,3 and 4...

I could go on and on and on...

OH, Flatout and Flatout 2 as well. Burnin' like a...

solemnwar

Sep 19, 2010
I'd like to see Unreal (the original) with a graphics overhaul, but with everything else left the same.

Although I would like to have the orignal story they had planned for it but had cut (that story is the reason the default is a female character, which is amazing for an FPS of that era I think LOL).

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Madcat75 said:
omicron1 said:
BarbaricGoose said:

Jagged Alliance.
They're doing that too.

There is a new Jagged Alliance out but it is not even close to being as good as the the first two.
There's also an X-Com strategy game that adheres much more closely to the original vision.
Also, they're making an expansion to the new Jagged Alliance version that might be more successful.

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Madcat75 said:
omicron1 said:
BarbaricGoose said:

Jagged Alliance.
They're doing that too.

There's an FPS and a strategy game. The FPS is MIA, and the strategy's make by Firaxis, and is just around the corner. And yeah, there's a new Jagged Alliance, but it's awful.

Edit: Ninja'd.
Edit 2: Twice... in a row.

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Hmm, I'd really like to see the return of Dizzy [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dizzy_%28series%29] on consoles/PC and it would seem to suit the flavour of the month (years?); indie platformers.

Midwinter [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwinter_%28video_game%29] might also be cool.

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Khaine the betrayer said:
Age of mythology would be awesome in HD
Seconded. I bloody loved that game. All the great features of an AoE game, but with the addition of laser-wielding crocodiles.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
either gunstar heros, megaman legends or shadowrun<either the genesis or snes versions, both rocked>

all are amazing games and deserve another trip into the public spotlight.

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
I'm still waiting for that damn Black Mesa mod to recreate Half-Life, though that's not really an update, since it mods Half-Life 2.

Also, Crysis. Yeah that's right. It wasn't HD enough, and 5 years is plenty old for me.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
If we're talking about the updated games they're putting on the PS3 like the Devil May Cry Collection? Nothing because they're not worth the money on the collection when the originals are less than half the value of the HD ver.

Full on change up like Riddick? Uhhh....
Solder of Fortune, first thing that came to mind, and man that would be a nasty game in HD. Limbs came off and guts blown out.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
I can't remember what is was called, but it was this JRPG for the PS1 that completely reinvented the genre and made it commercially successful. People like it a little less these days, but for most people it still holds up. For the life of me, can't remember the name, but I think it would really do good with a graphics update, even by PS1 standards for graphics it hasn't aged well.

Seriously though.

Xenosaga needs it because, if nothing else, those games are not cheap, and they're not particularly easy to find either.

There are still a few fighting games that would do well with an upscale to HD graphics and online play: the Street Fighter Alpha series, particularly the second one, Capcom Vs. SNK 2, and Vampire Savior.

I would also pay $60 for a simple port of Terranigma with the graphics drawn over like for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

The Legacy of Kain series would also be great.