What old game would you love to have a HD update of.

RubyT

Sep 3, 2009
Duke Nukem 3D.
Blood.
Deus Ex.
Gothic.
Gothic 2.

snagli said:
I'm still waiting for that damn Black Mesa mod to recreate Half-Life
The sad thing about Black Mesa Source is that they've been taking so long that the mod is looking quite dated already. And if they can't finish before the next gen of consoles arrives, freeing that sleeper hold the X360 has had on gaming graphics, chances are their mod will look as bad on release as the original Half Life looked when they started.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
Ok I want MGS, FF7 and Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf completely remade with MGS4 level graphics but that is unlikely. Games I want HD updated are:
Manhunt
Conflict Desert Storm 1+2
The Punisher
The Hitman Series
Battlefield 1942

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
I'd like a new Lemmings game with amazing HD backdrops. Lemmings should be as pixelated as ever tough. That's part of their charm. I simply don't understand why there haven't been a Lemmings game in so much time!

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
kyosai7 said:
Austin Howe said:
I can't remember what is was called, but it was this JRPG for the PS1 that completely reinvented the genre and made it commercially successful. People like it a little less these days, but for most people it still holds up. For the life of me, can't remember the name, but I think it would really do good with a graphics update, even by PS1 standards for graphics it hasn't aged well.

Seriously though.

Xenosaga needs it because, if nothing else, those games are not cheap, and they're not particularly easy to find either.

There are still a few fighting games that would do well with an upscale to HD graphics and online play: the Street Fighter Alpha series, particularly the second one, Capcom Vs. SNK 2, and Vampire Savior.

I would also pay $60 for a simple port of Terranigma with the graphics drawn over like for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

The Legacy of Kain series would also be great.
Really? I found all 3 Xenosaga games within a month of each other at my local GameStop, for around $20 or less, each. Tell you what, though, I haven't touched 2 and 3 yet, since 1 has such a godawful combat system. I don't even think I'm halfway through it....
Im sorry to inform you then your not going to like the other 2 games I loved ones combat but 2 is easily horrifingly bad in every aspect, 3 is fun again.

OT: Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 but only as a remake I dont need HD.

Or maby Jet Force Gemini I fucking love that game

T4FF3R

Mar 22, 2011
I see a lot of love for Deus Ex and Thief, but what about...

System Shock 2!

They basically remade it already with Bioshock. They kept the same narrative structure, and changed a few of the twists, but the story was very similar. Bring back Shodan and the cool cyberpunk style and those monkeys. Those terrifying psychic death monkeys...

RADIALTHRONE1

Feb 6, 2011
VoidWanderer said:
Three pages in and no-one has mentioned Kingdom Hearts?

An update to Pokemon Snap would work too...
Damn got ninja'd on Kingdom Hearts.

OT: KH^, KH2, KOTOR 1&2, Republic Comm... Scratch that, just make a sequel.

Captcha: i think i am
Oh no, captcha is becoming sentient!

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
The Persona games could do with a HD version, Persona 4 looks horrible on my HDTV so I have to play it on an old style TV which is a pain.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Matthew94 said:
Lylat Wars for sure, that game is just asking to be remade (and not for the 3DS).

If only it could happen. Well, if they made a (good) sequel for the WiiU I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Hah, nintendo doing something somebody wants. If they did in tens years everyone would be whining about star fox being dragged out and through the dirt.

Personally I'm gonna say Medievil. Also Ape Escape 4 needs to be a thing.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
RADIALTHRONE1 said:
VoidWanderer said:
Three pages in and no-one has mentioned Kingdom Hearts?

An update to Pokemon Snap would work too...
Damn got ninja'd on Kingdom Hearts.

OT: KH^, KH2, KOTOR 1&2, Republic Comm... Scratch that, just make a sequel.

Captcha: i think i am
Oh no, captcha is becoming sentient!
On Kingdom Hearts I'd love RE:Chain of Memories HD, since it never came out in Europe for some unknown and likely dumb reason.

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
Fable The Lost Chapters, or just Fable with Lost chapters as DLC I don't care just give me Fable.

John Farrell

Oct 26, 2011
Ace Combat 5 or Zero. Don't mention Assault Horizon, that is when the series tried to appeal to the FPS crowd.

The Megaman Zero/Legends games.

Wild Arms 1/3.

Duke Nukem: A Time to Kill.

Final Fantasy 6.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
Sir Charlesalot said:
(Considering this is my first post, if I make a "rising from my grave" comment, will anyone get it?)

I'm going to be boring and go with Deus Ex, SS2 and some of the Thief games. Oh and dear god Dungeon Keeper.
If you want a new Dungeon Keeper, check out Impire, it looks pretty similar.
Also Dungeons is on sale on steam for £2.99 at the moment [$5/?3.80]

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
Agow95 said:
Fable The Lost Chapters, or just Fable with Lost chapters as DLC I don't care just give me Fable.
Dude, just play TLC on the PC, the graphics hold up brilliantly!

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
lukey94 said:
Agow95 said:
Dude, just play TLC on the PC, the graphics hold up brilliantly!
I still have TLC on xbox, still play it, disc's starting to wear out, it's still great though!

SidheKnight

Nov 28, 2011
My list, in order of importance and sorted by platforms:

PC:

1) DEUS EX
2) The entire Age Of Empires series (including Mythology)
3) System Shock 1 & 2

PS1:

1) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
2) Digimon World 3
3) Tenchu 2