What Old Games Would You Like to See as Downloadables?

WakeTheDead1

Jan 27, 2010
Which old classic games would you like to see re-released as downloadable games on psn and XBL, they have already done frogger, and are doing rocket knight as downloadable games, but they are re-makes rather than the originals

personally i would like to see unchanged versions *but with trophies* of -

Toy Story - Megadrive - with Toy Story 3 coming out soon this was one of my favourite games as a kid and would like to play it again

Resident Evil 4 re-released but with trophies

Star Wars episode 1 pod racer from N64

Goldeneye from N64

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Everybody talks about Timesplitters so much, I think now I have to figure out a way to play it. It would make my life easier if they released it for download on a console so I wouldn't have to hunt down a copy.

Grim Fandango would be nice to play on the console.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Where to start?

Shining force/SF 2, Vagrant Story, Gain ground, Front mission 3, Power stone 2, Strider, Secret of Mana

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Day of the Tentacle on Steam. Come on Lucas-Arts, you gave us Fate of Atlantis and The Dig, why not your other old Adventure games?

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
meganmeave said:
Everybody talks about Timesplitters so much, I think now I have to figure out a way to play it. It would make my life easier if they released it for download on a console so I wouldn't have to hunt down a copy.

It's not hard to find a copy. They're not exactly rare games. Try the internet if necessary, Amazon or Ebay for example. =P

OT: I'd really like to see some of the older JRPGs like Chrono Cross and the KH Chain of Memories remake and others that were never released in Europe released for download for all regions. It really irritated me that us UK gamers never got some of those games despite the fact they had English translations in the US. All because we're linked with the EU... joy.

Also Tombi would be a nice addition to the PS1 range on PSN, considering its rarity. The Oddworld games as well.

Oh System Shock 2! Why is that not on Steam??

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
Day of the Tentacle on Steam. Come on Lucas-Arts, you gave us Fate of Atlantis and The Dig, why not your other old Adventure games?
I loved Fate of Atlantis. One of my fav adventure games. I'd also like to see Super Baseball 2020 just for my own sense of nostalgia. Who else remembers that game? It had women and robots playing baseball! And I dont even like baseball.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
meganmeave said:

I enjoyed timesplitters but not as much as most people here seem to. I liked it because it was the zaniest FPS I had ever played. Everything was sort of bizarre and surreal. You go from the future, to an old west town, to, um, some other time periods I can't think of right now. Its been years since I've played it. Its a fun game, but not amazing by any means.

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
I can't say the same about everyone else here, but I would give my left nut to be able to download and play System Shock 1+2 via X-box Live Arcade.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
TelHybrid said:
meganmeave said:

It's not hard to find a copy. They're not exactly rare games. Try the internet if necessary, Amazon or Ebay for example. =P
Right you are. Found it right after I posted. Now I feel a bit like an ass.

TelHybrid said:
OT: I'd really like to see some of the older JRPGs like Chrono Cross and the KH Chain of Memories remake and others that were never released in Europe released for download for all regions. It really irritated me that us UK gamers never got some of those games despite the fact they had English translations in the US. All because we're linked with the EU... joy.

Also Tombi would be a nice addition to the PS1 range on PSN, considering its rarity. The Oddworld games as well.

Oh System Shock 2! Why is that not on Steam??
Oddworld is on PSN. :) I've been playing them for a while. As soon as they came out I downloaded them. Such great games.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
KotOR2. Yes yes yes it's not as good as 1, but I hate the fact that I can buy 1 from Steam (and I did, and loved it) but 2 is still nowhere to be found.

I'd also jump with glee if Steam would start selling the original Monkey Island games, I don't care about the remakes.

I'd also be very happy if Steam would start selling Arcanum and Planescape: Torment.
Furburt said:
Well, I'd like to see the new version of Perfect Dark on XBL as a PC game.

I'd also like to see the Timesplitters series released on XBL, Steam, PSN and the Wii network as one download.
And these, especially the Timesplitters series. I so so SOOOO regret not playing them.

BourneGamer

Mar 18, 2010
I'd love to see an X-COM done with newer graphics, just need to make sure the rest of the game stays the same.

tim98042

Mar 17, 2010
Furburt said:
Well, I'd like to see the new version of Perfect Dark on XBL as a PC game.

I'd also like to see the Timesplitters series released on XBL, Steam, PSN and the Wii network as one download.
I agree i'd love to see the timesplitters games released on XBL would be pretty awesome.

NickCooley

Sep 19, 2009
Furburt said:
Catchy Slogan said:
Future cop LAPD, Gex: Enter the Gecko and Galaxian, though that last one might be in Game Room
Hey, somebody else played Future Cop!

I loved the demo when I was a kid. Never got the full game though.
Shame. You missed out. Fantastic game, I really should dig it back up sometime.