What One Gaming Moment Made You S*** Your Pants

1mike1000

Jun 18, 2011
We all had a moment during some game that nearly made us crap our pants. There are the obvious moments, like when we first ran out of tinderboxes and lamp oil in Amnesia, but I'm sure people have way more obscure ones.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
The Cradle in Thief: DS was one big pants shitter for me. The dollhouse in Alice: Madness Returns gets special mention for being wicked creepy, but not terrifying.

1mike1000

Jun 18, 2011
I know replying to my own post is really lame, but I just wanted to say that whenever I open a door or go up stairs in the original Resident Evil I always feel really creeped out.

Croix Sinistre

Oct 25, 2009
Ordinaryundone said:
The Ski-Free Yeti. Possibly the very very first jump and and scare moment in video game history.
Ah yes, I remember loving my time skiing around but in the back of my mind I knew it had to end horribly.

DethVanXan

Arch Inquisitor
Nov 23, 2009
The Cradel level in Thief 3. I didn't even want to be alone in my room while I was playing it. The atmosphere of that level is simply ... stunning. I think the guy who designed that level also designed a few for Bioshock. Needless to say the guy has talent.

wolas3214

Mar 30, 2011
In deadspace 2(only horror game i own if it can be called as such) the second time you fight the stalkers in the temple or whatever, i had thought i killed them all and went to go hack the terminal(i dont know about you but i kinda phase out during that minigame) when suddenly that weird shrieking-braying sound the stalkers make when theyre charging comes up, i hear the thumping gettng closer, all the while im frantically tryin to finish hacking when suddenly BAM it rams into me and jumps into the darkness, i fell out of my fucking chair.

Caveworm

Jun 8, 2011
All of System Shock 2?

FEAR, well, sort of. FEAR wasn't overly scary, but there is one bit where you descend down a ladder, and as you character turns around to climb down said ladder, guess who turns up at eye-level contact to greet you...

Damn you Alma! (damn you whoever made the second Fear and turned your encounters into quick-time-events!)

Silent Hill 2. If I remember correctly, I was in an apartment and Pyramid Head comes in. You hear him coming. I made a dash to hide in closet and proceed to watch him kill a manikin thingy down a garbage disposal thingy...unsettled me and my pants, I can tell you!

Oh, and many moments in Clive Barkers Undying.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Balls, this is going to be a massive spoiler thread.
The very first one for me was in Chrono Trigger, when-
-the main protagonist, who had to be in your party at all times up to that point... so he's sort of supposed to be the player's avatar... he just up and dies (not even at an ending, mind you), and the story goes on.
I was used to heroes in a story surviving anything at that point in my life (I was fourteen). That was kind of my first, light-hearted introduction to the more brutal style of storytelling I prefer nowadays... such as A Song of Ice and Fire.

As for times a game scared me... none. Haven't played amnesia yet, though.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Original Aliens versus Predator marine campaign.

No moment is more shitting-pants deserving than walking down a dark corridor, throwing flares to barely see where the damn walls are and suddenly hearing *BEEP BEEP BEEP* on your radar, panicking and looking around, quickly while the beep becomes more frequent *BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP* until an alien jumps on your face and has you for dinner.

ConnorTheRed

Heroic Norseman
May 20, 2009
When Nintendo announced that King DeDeDe was going to be in Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. I was so excited, I lost control of most of my bodily functions.

Bleedingskye

Mar 19, 2011
I gotta say the entirety of Silent Hill was the first game I ever played where I was actually scared the entire game. I can't really give you a specific moment cause it's been so long since I played it but there were days where I didn't even want to turn it on cause I knew what I was in for.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
The demon door in Doom 3.

"Must have to go this way... that's where the sounds are coming fr-OH JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WTF AAAAARGH!"

I'm no good with games that try to scare you. I always end up either creeping along at a geriatric pace or trying to drown out the fear with adrenaline fueled trigger-happy madness. The former just makes it worse and the latter gets me killed.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Actually it kinda takes a whole lot in a game to actually scare me. The most a game could probably do is seriously startle me with nasty surprises popping out of doors or something.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Some parts of the STALKER series are seriously freaky. It mixes the horror well between psychological buildup and jump-up-and-startle moments, meaning that when there's scary music playing you're actualyl scared of a sudden jump instead of just thinking 'yeah yeah, scary stuff but I just quicksaved'.

Even excluding the (largly) scripted lab sections, there's been a few occasions above ground where I've been wandering through a swamp of forrest at night (REALLY stupid idea in that game, by the way) and heard a noise, looking around me with my flashlight barely illuminating anything and hoping it was just part of the soundtrack. Then after seeing nothing I start moving again only to hear a familier growl behind me as a Bloodsucker (think vampire with tenticles, freaky things) de-cloaks and pounces me.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Watching E3 2006 Nintendo Press Conference....

Super Smash Bros Brawl? OH FUCK YES!

Meta Knight? Cool!

Pit? NO FUCKING WAY!

Zero Suit Samus? Smexy....

Wario? Oh yeah.

Aw, it's over....

WAIT A MINUTE!

[HEADING=3]OH FUCKING HELL YES![/HEADING]

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
In Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines when the cabbie you've been bossing around all game turns out to be Caine. My jaw dropped.