What RPG class would you be in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
It's all there in the title, but I'll clarify.
Imagine a world where RPG tropes are true and part of the world, or alternatively, a world where you're granted 10 levels give or take in a "standard" rpg class.
The zombie apocalypse has broken out and you're one of the few in your area that has survived the initial breakout. What class would you most like to be of in that situation (in a modern-day setting).

Personally, I would be a cleric (The D&D 3.5 kind), because of the ability to turn undead and heal etc. Or a (D&D 3.5)druid because of their spell library and ability to turn into animals.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Hmmm, modern day. I think I would have to consult my World of Darkness core rulebook on classes...

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
It occurs to me that zombie apocalypse threads are like zombies; there are so fucking many of them. It's like some kind of stupid virus. Damn you, Umbrella!

Anyways, I'd just be a Shin Megami Tensei character. Not really an RPG class, but hey, they take down gods every other game, so why not.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
A fighter/warrior type. I would just take out whatever I had at hand and chop through the hoard ALA Dead Rising.

Firoth

Jul 14, 2010
I'd be the class that barricades his doors and windows with steel plating and feels fortunate that his garage door is made of steel and connects to the house so I can get in my vehicles safely to go get supplies.

wellhereiam

Jul 4, 2010
Well I'd be a mage of course. I'm not completely familiar with the D&D rules anymore but as long as I have fireballs, invisibility, and the ability to summon and control undead I doubt I'll be in much danger.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Mage. I would summon a big hail of fire and kill all of them in one blast. The side effect? I would totally fuck up the earth.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
A Silent, Sneaky Assassin type class.
With some Invisibility powers.

Oh and I'm evil.
With some necromancer powers to summon my own minions, while i hide in the shadows.

Blackmagic1515

Jul 6, 2009
A mage/warlock. Rain fire on their zombie asses and rip them apart with demons from hell. Or a ranger type. Either way as am I as far away from the fighting as possible the better.

wierdman51

Apr 24, 2009
I would be a DK from World of Warcraft WoTLK (no not the dumbass one you always get in your PuG's that tries to heal with bandages, and says the tank is failing, and has spirit on all his armor) D&D anyone?

or i would be my guy from oblivion 100 foot range, on strike, 33 damage with lightning fire and ice blade with 100 skill anyone? sheeeit maaan, i would freeze, fry, and boil all the zombies!

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
mage, because i can just set fire to them.
wait fire+zombie=no dead zombies. dam.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
People are forgetting that ALL mages begin the game very weak with no AOE spells, I mean sure... EVENTUALLY you will get insanely strong (You will still be a glass cannon but whatever) provided that you stay alive that long! >:D

I would be an Archer, excellent at long range killing and capable of setting up traps and knowledge of wildlife and shizzat. As well as often been awfully acrobatic and being able to conceal themselves well too... actually yeah, archers are the perfect class for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
A hunter. I travel on my own and save as many survivors as I can. I shall cover my face with a mask and blast the decaying faces off zombies with my Rifle and Shotgun. My faithful animal companions will also help me in my mission.