What RPG class would you be in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Darkrain11

May 14, 2009
Paladin. Got a trusty suit of armor, a badass sword, and powers specifically geared towards fighting undead/demons.

selce

Nov 27, 2007
a paladin...they seem to have a pretty easy time dispensing of the undead hordes plus if things ever get too hairy i can always bubble hearth

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Warlock. Summon army to fight them, preferably undead, since they can't get infectd. Perfect the technique by using an expanding aura, for when the zombies get too close.

Corvuus

May 18, 2010
The original post says nothing regarding whether I am a good guy or a bad guy... so...

I'd pick any evil class and actively screw around with the remaining survivors.

Necromancer/mage pretending to help out, and then add my 'allies' to my undead army.

C

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Personally, basing the choice purely on my own temperament and interests, I'd be a bard.

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
Is this the sort of zombification that also affects animals. if not, druid with a bear companion. if not, TF2 scout

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Ummm... erm... RPG's don't really have a "guy that has the ability to use guns" class... so... whatever works best as a ninja.

skittlepie345

Aug 11, 2009
Well warrior's wear to much armor, and mages don't wear enough, so I'd be a rogue. Even though magic classes are, usually, unbalanced and ridiculously over powered.

I'd probably pick a pirate-like subclass.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Mozza444 said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
Mozza444 said:
A Silent, Sneaky Assassin type class.
With some Invisibility powers.

Oh and I'm evil.
With some necromancer powers to summon my own minions, while i hide in the shadows.
What would you do if the zombies find their prey by smell?
Wear deodorant.
Nobody likes b-o, not even zombies.

Or just level up and acquire some bullshit spell to mask me scent.
People are asking for world destroying powers here! At least let me have my shitty powers.
True... however, anybody that has played Starcraft 1 or 2 without a detector when a Protoss sends in the Dark Templars knows that Invisible=Invincible.

As for me, a long range class so I don't have to be anywhere near the hoard suits fine for me.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
I've got a few (anything not mentioned isn't even considered). In descending order:

Invoker (DnD 4th edition) would be one approach. AoE spells similar to a mage, but with a divine bent, so I'd have a good amount of anti-undead stuff too.

Avenger (Again, DnD 4th edition) would probably be what I would end up with. Rogue with divine abilities? Yes, please! Problem with this? Would require me getting into melee. Not too keen on that in a zombie apocalypse.

Necromancer (Any): Given the amount of undead based abilities that the Invoker and Avenger would have, I think this might not work quite as well as them. Either make the army of dead MY army of dead or, in the case of being overwhelmed, make the army of dead... a pile of ash.

Paladin (WoW): Gimmie a big ass blade, some armor, and let me go nuts. Shit will die.

Paladin (DnD 4th edition): A bit more resilient than the WoW version, I'd be able to actually both shield my group and dish out a decent amount of destruction. Also, since the "code" would depend on the chosen deity... gimmie a Paladin of Kelemvor, the God of the Dead (who hates undead more than any other). Shit's gonna 'splode.

Wizard (DnD 3.5 or 4th): Not too keen on the idea of having to spend a ridiculous amount of time studying in the middle of a zombie apocalypse with the ability to turn a horde of zombies into... a horde of flaming zombies.

Warrior (Any): There's something to be said for brute force wielded by someone who's been trained for years on end. This guy might be able to stand up to a zombie apocalypse for an extended period of time, but he's gonna run out of steam eventually.

Barbarian (DnD 3.5 or 4th): Nice hit potential, but, again, melee. Also the whole "rage" aspect would be relatively... detrimental.

Cleric (DnD 3.5): This class relied a little heavy on melee combat for my tastes... and I'd end up having to choose between keeping my ass alive or killing zombies. Probably gonna end up being the latter, which would end up getting myself killed. Skipped.

Warlock (DnD 3.5 or 4th): I escape the horde of zombies by... making a deal with the devil. Good plan.

Rogue (Any): The problem with being an assassin in a zombie apocalypse is that, despite all your training in killing a human, you can't really stab a zombie through the throat for much of an effect. Yes, you could cut tendons and such, but, given that the stuff doesn't technically work anyway, I'm hard pressed to believe that that would do anything.

Druid (DnD 3.5 or 4th): I run into a similar problem with this class as I would with Cleric or Wizard. Given that you'll have access to healing spells, you'll be awesome, and you have the ability to set the zombies on fire (see above) you might be able to do some real damage to the zombie horde. Unfortunately, your abilities are tied to the very nature that's being warped. Will you become a necromancer, or will you become a zombie yourself?

Spirit Shaman (DnD 4th): NO, NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. Like a druid, you have your abilities tied to nature. Unlike a druid, your abilities are tied to the spirits of nature, which are likely going berserk at a time like this. YOU WILL NOT KEEP SANITY FOR LONG.

Sorcerer (DnD 3.5 or 4th): This class has a similar problem with spellcasting that the Spirit Shaman would: Your spells are tied to magic in and of itself. Unlike a Wizard, who can choose not to access magic, your magic is tied to your very blood. What happens when magic starts going nuts a-la zombies?

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
Ummm... erm... RPG's don't really have a "guy that has the ability to use guns" class... so... whatever works best as a ninja.
Gunners.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
The Final Fantasy Tactics iteration of the White Mage, with Black Magic set as a subskill. I could use my abilities to heal the undead of their affliction and cure wounded survivors as well. If things got violent, I could use protection spells to provide cover for more attack oriented allies and Black Magic spells for light artillery. And, if things really got out of hand, there's always Holy.

Murdering Monk

Aug 20, 2009
To all saying they would burn the zombies, What would you rather have after you, a giant horde of zombies, or a giant FLAMING horde of zombies. I myself would be some sore of priest class. Holy vs. Undead. CRITICAL HIT

rt052192

Feb 24, 2010
I would be heavy weapons guy: deal out death and destruction with my chaingun/LMG, grenades/explosives, and have a shotgun on back-up. It would be awesome!

therookie95

Nov 18, 2009
I've only played one RPG so I'll be Samuri Ninja Dude, the duel wielding longsword user of justice! All zombies will run in fear of my amazing Ninja/samuri powers! (A fighter)