What RPG class would you be in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Lucane said:
I'd have to go White Mage/Healer who else actually knows how to "Cure"
being Zombified or being dead in general.
Baldry said:
A mage, then I can freeze them all, or set them on fire, or summon some zombies to fight the zombies! Oh thee irony!
You've seen this haven't you?​
SEEN IT! I'VE GOT IT ON MY IPOD! A very nice song indeed!

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Eponet said:
Dyp100 said:
Paladin, 4e, who is equipment with a holy avenger blade, also a crossbow, a holy one that has an underslug arrow-barrel, now that'd be badarse, would it not?

IDK who I would devoit to, though.
Why a holy avenger? Aren't zombies neutral? They're even less intelligent than animals (which are classified as neutral due to not being intelligent enough to have an alignment), so there's the holy advantage gone, cold iron is no more useful against zombies that ordinary steel, and the primary reason for using a holy avenger is the spell resistance and dispel magic are both similarly useless.
It's been a while since I've looked at my Players Handbook, but doesn't the holy avenger have some effects against undead? Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly, but never the less, if I am I want those zombies to die the second that blades strike them.

He didn't say WHAT kind of zombies, did he? He could mean old-school zombies which were proper undead, dragged straight from hell.

Also, isn't alignment based on your actions as well as intent? So in 3e terms, they'd be neutral evil, if you ask me.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
A stealth class. Getting around unnoticed would make life considerably easier. And you could set up traps and things.

Zarthek

Apr 12, 2009
Paladin, Being able to cleanse wounds, heal myself, turn invulnerable then warp away using a magic stone, not to mention cleanse the zombie horde with some holy wrath...

And if that fails a Mage on the roof of a nearby building, casting Blizzard and Flame strike off of the roof.

And then if THAT fails, Barbarian from the Diablo series.

DarkJester

Dec 17, 2009
Alright, I see the sense in your response. Every power has it's limit and all. But if I'm a Necromancer (in the traditional "Bring the long deceased back to un-life" sense)... who's going to mess with reanimated Dinosaurs and Skeletons? Sure the zombies are an initial wave, but when a 30-foot, skeletal, tooth-filled, dinosaur jaw comes ripping at you... It's panties shitting time.
And if that doesn't work, I'll still be able to reanimate your best trench/bunker buddy who just died in your arms as you wept sweet remorse over his corpse and swore to never forget him and all the great battle memories you shared.
Check and Mate.

DarkJester

Dec 17, 2009
Eponet said:
DarkJester said:
Necromancer. Why fear them when you can bend them to your will and control the world from then on?
Because you'll run out of spells eventually, your zombie guards will be killed, and other people will hunt down the person that they're convinced is the source of the zombie crisis.

This is assuming that these are actually considered undead and not just 'infected humans'
Alright, I see the sense in your response. Every power has it's limit and all. But if I'm a Necromancer (in the traditional "Bring the long deceased back to un-life" sense)... who's going to mess with reanimated Dinosaurs and Skeletons? Sure the zombies are an initial wave, but when a 30-foot, skeletal, tooth-filled, dinosaur jaw comes ripping at you... It's panties shitting time.
And if that doesn't work, I'll still be able to reanimate your best trench/bunker buddy who just died in your arms as you wept sweet remorse over his corpse and swore to never forget him and all the great battle memories you shared.
Check and Mate.

Raijha

Aug 23, 2010
Some sort of hunter/ranger class for sure. Hit and run always from a distance, always on the move and able to scrounge up food wherever I can. Set up traps and find shelter fairly easily, have a couple German Shepherds as my animal companions. And be able to hide when needed.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Arcane Warrior!
Plate armor and magic in a glorious combination! They can't bite or scratch me and I can just cut a swathe of destruction with my wide-range of spells.

Daestar

Jul 11, 2010
I would be a mage that specializes in mind control of weaker willed beings, which would be anything without magical abilities pretty much. This way I could control the Zombies and turn it into my own game of Zombie Deathmatch: Speed and Claws. That is a game I should work on making.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
i guess a vanguard from me2, because they have awesome biotics like pull and slam.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
I find a cross between a rogue and a mage class would be useful for most situations.

Hide from the zombies, then ambush them with an AoE spell.

Alistar

Aug 20, 2010
Obviously the most uber class would be average high school girl, but maybe that doesn't count as a class hmm, ok, nekoromancer then the combined powers of a cat and a necromancer, how can I fail (I can always get featured on lolcats if I fail winwin) my only weakness would be catnip.

CarpathianMuffin

Space. Lance.
Jun 7, 2010
Probably necromancer, for the purpose of self defense. And because having my own zombie army would be awesome.
Or more realistically, I'd be a stealth based character. Crossbow, of course.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
Mage. After I've wrapped up the zombies, I'll use my power to bend reality to my whim to bring the still breathing humans into line under my benevolent rule, and they'll love me for it.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Cleric obviously. Or if we're talking DDO rules, a Paladin since they get Turn Undead in addition to being able to utterly destroy anything that bleeds. A Paladin doesn't need allegiance to some sun deity either to cast, only dedication to his Epic Quest. Also, I think it's funny how logic follows that spells and items that normally restore health can damage undead. I WTF'd when a phoenix down killed the zombie boss in FF7, and I'm WTF'ing now. Apparently aspirin will give a zombie a headache to die for...